2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Powercode Remote Start Easy Fix

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/12, 10:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powercode Remote Start Easy Fix

So, if any of y'all out there with the Powercode Remote Start are tired of the car shutting off when you open the door like I was, just read the first post on this link and follow the directions. The "override button" is located under the kick panel, but (at least on 2013's and maybe other models too) you shouldn't have to remove it to get to it. Just crawl underneath and you'll see it (I can try to take a pic if anyone needs it).

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/vie...p?f=41&t=16293

I went to 2 dealerships and both told me this could not be done. After I did it myself (it was a lot easier than I initially thought it would be) I took it back to the dealerships and showed them that it could be done.

Basically this procedure deactivates MyKey so that the car can stay running after you open the door. Just get in, put the key in and turn it to the "On" position and take off (don't put your foot on the brake until the key's in or it will shut off).

Also, you can push the fob button and hold it down till the horn beeps once while the car is running (in park with foot off brake) and it will go into "Quick Stop" mode, which allows for you to take the keys out and lock the doors with the car still running if you need to run into the store or something. Pretty cool...

Any questions? Just ask and I'll try to clarify!
Old 8/6/12, 11:00 PM
V6 Member

By the way, the only reason the dealerships told me it couldn't be done was because of liability issues with disabling MyKey for those owners who actually use it. It is just programming the remote start box... It will have no ill effects on your vehicle, and it should work with any Powercode system (F150, etc.)
Old 8/6/12, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

rofl, my car never did that door stupidity.