The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Popular Mechanics Video (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/popular-mechanics-video-475444/)

RGNUSMC 12/5/08 08:37 PM

Popular Mechanics Video

Popular Mechanics review of the 2010 on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfok_aGL8hM

steve-o 12/5/08 08:48 PM

WOW, the V6 front fascia looks 1,000x better than the GT when they are paired side by side!

Enfynet 12/5/08 09:27 PM

"It makes you wonder what the next Bullitt will have for us."

"Exactly.... and that will be under the hood"

:dunno::poke::wonder::hail:

(3:30-3:40 in video)

Even Steven 12/5/08 09:32 PM

LOL...did he say "fuel economy improvements" due to the work they did on aerodynamics? I hope the 2010 is rated better than the '09, or he's completely FOS.

the procrastinator 12/5/08 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by steve-o (Post 5701704)
WOW, the V6 front fascia looks 1,000x better than the GT when they are paired side by side!

:agree: The grill uprights (?) look better body-colored. I also noticed that the reshaped taillights and the chopped rear bumper don't look as bad as they did in static photos. To me, anyway.:dunno:
Good post!:nice:

stangfoeva 12/9/08 01:27 AM

This topic needs to be bumped. great video

TJ4Cam 12/9/08 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5703507)
This topic needs to be bumped. great video

+1, great vid and even better Mustang! To the naysayers of this next great model I give you a :bad:

AWmustang 12/9/08 07:55 AM

did anyone catch right at the end... the guy asked about eco-boost and was told "close, very close".... hmmm

TampaBear67 12/9/08 02:33 PM

Ford Really Does Listen:

Taking Feedback about the Bullitt, "This Car is More Balanced than the Bullitt." "We are Now Saying, This is Now, the best Balanced Mustang We've Ever Built."
:nice:

What's in store for the Next Bullitt is What Lies Under the Hood. :metal:

And About the EcoBoost

"Close, Real Close" and "Real Soon...Maybe On the Track Drivng It."
Sounds Good!
:nice:

Hollywood_North GT 12/9/08 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There it is AGAIN, dammit! Ford always rolls out these PR cars with a PROPER RIDE HEIGHT, then gives us the **** 4x4 version.

Argh. :shame:

Hollywood_North GT 12/9/08 05:25 PM

Host: "Sort of makes you wonder what the next Bullitt has in store for us?"

Ford Engineer: "Exactly, and that'll be under the hood."
Say WHAT?!

Evil_Capri 12/9/08 05:53 PM

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

V8Mike 12/9/08 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT (Post 5704018)
There it is AGAIN, dammit! Ford always rolls out these PR cars with a PROPER RIDE HEIGHT, then gives us the **** 4x4 version.

That was the first thing I noticed as well.

Even Steven 12/9/08 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT (Post 5704018)

It's the same thing with the car show prototypes and concepts. Not only do they have a nice ride height, but they almost always have a nice set of wide wheels/tires and an aggressive offset. Then when we see the production version, it's like...what the hell happened here?

Mustang Buster 12/9/08 10:24 PM

No wonder the 2010 has some weird design cues, the lead engineer of America's Pony car is a Brit :screwy::nice:

TampaBear67 12/9/08 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster (Post 5704226)
No wonder the 2010 has some weird design cues, the lead engineer of America's Pony car is a Brit :screwy::nice:

Um...The Lead Engineer of the 05-09's Was Vietnamese
, Remember? Huai Thai Tang. Doug Gaffka, has been the Lead Designer for the Mustang for the design of both S197's 05 and 2010. What does the Fact that the Lead Engineer of the 2010 being British have to do with anything anyway? :shame: Besides, the Engineers Are Not The Designers. They are Two Different Teams. They do work Together but honestly the Engineering on the 2010 was no where nearly as involved as the 05's since Almost All of the Mechanicals and Hard Points are Carry over from the S-197 Mk 1.

Mustang Buster 12/9/08 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by TampaBear67 (Post 5704238)

Um...The Lead Engineer of the 05-09's Was Korean. Huai Thai Tang. What does the Fact He's British have to do with anything? :shame: Besides the Engineers Are Not The Designers. There Two Different Teams. They do work Together but honestly the Engineering on the 2010 was no where nearly as involved as the 05's since Almost All of the Mechanicals and Hard Points are Carry over from the S-107 Mk 1.

It was a joke based on the British engineer in the video--that is my reasoning. What is your reasoning for always randomly capitalizing words?

Dave07997S 12/9/08 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by TampaBear67 (Post 5704238)

Um...The Lead Engineer of the 05-09's Was Korean, Remember? Huai Thai Tang. What does the Fact that the Lead Engineer of the 2010 Is British have to do with anything anyway? :shame: Besides, the Engineers Are Not The Designers. They are Two Different Teams. They do work Together but honestly the Engineering on the 2010 was no where nearly as involved as the 05's since Almost All of the Mechanicals and Hard Points are Carry over from the S-197 Mk 1.

Ahhh, he was actually Vietnamese. Korean would have single syllable name such as Kim, Park, Lee..etc.

Dave

TampaBear67 12/9/08 10:50 PM

I stand corrected Dave. Thanks for correcting me.

Buster, as for randomly capitalizing words I'm a lot better about it now than I used to be. Just ask the other guys. I learned to type capitalizing each word, for a job I had. They liked their reports done that way for some reason. anyways, I type faster that way. It's something I am working on.

Mustang Buster 12/10/08 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by TampaBear67 (Post 5704245)
I stand corrected Dave. Thanks for correcting me.

Buster, as for randomly capitalizing words I'm a lot better about it now than I used to be. Just ask the other guys. I learned to type capitalizing each word, for a job I had. They liked their reports done that way for some reason. anyways, I type faster that way. It's something I am working on.

Wow, they made you do a lot of extra work typing that way. I can see why it carries over, the law of primacy in learning dictates that the way we first learn something is the way we tend to fall back on. As an instructor pilot I see that a lot, but it usually involves them doing something scary causing us to fall out of the sky ;) Keep up the work and the good info. :nice: