2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

New Mustang same color?

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/14, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mustang same color?

So I went from having a 2005 v6 Mustang to getting a brand new 2014 GT. My old one was completely custom and all blacked out and despite it being such a hard color to keep clean I loved it. Not to mention it looks amazing for the first hour after you clean it. Hahaha....

So when I decided to go all out and I order a 14 of course I was going to get black.... I loved my black Mustang, I just wanted all the options and upgrades I had missed in 05. And trust me it was hard. ... DIB was calling my name... had it been Sonic blue like in 05 I might have made the change!

Point is I'm extremely happy with my choice, but yet at the same time tired of people asking me why I bought the same exact car and everyone proceeds to tell me how much money I just wasted.

I know I'm not alone in this, so I'm just interested to hear your stories. ...Anyone else buy a new model that was the same color as a previous Mustang? What drama do you get over the decision?

Last edited by STANGIT-NV; 3/26/14 at 09:27 PM.
Old 3/26/14, 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My story is even worse. I had a 13 silver base mustang. Did quite a few mods and it was looking pretty mean. I got the idea that I wanted a V8 so I traded it in for a RT Charger. Almost instantly regretted it. Drove it for about 3 months and traded it in for another 13 mustang. This one is a premium with nav and the pony package. Luckily I didnt lose any money on the trade. Just all the mod money that went into the first one.

So now instead of owing $15 like I did on my previous 13 I now owe $21. Kind if sucks but the premium is miles ahead of the base.
Old 3/27/14, 06:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not me, I wasn't going to make that same mistake again....before buying the black 12 I had told myself no more black cars and yet I did it anyway...after obsessing over swirls and scratches for a little over 2 years I ordered a 14 GT...funny thing when the sales guy was pricing it out he entered it as black....I said no way...make it silver!!!! Amazing how even after sitting in the garage for 2 weeks it still looks clean, where the black one would have showed all the dust, etc. I'll admit the black looks best when clean but that lasts all of 5 minutes after cleaning it and the constant work to keep it looking it's best wasn't worth it anymore.
Old 3/27/14, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Had a Black 2006 GT. After that I said I'd never have a Black Car. Bought a 2013 Jeep Rubicon, Black, of course. After that I said I'd never have another Black Car. Then I bought a 2014 Black Mustang.

I'm never going to buy another black car. Guess what color my next car will probably be?
Old 3/27/14, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
Not me, I wasn't going to make that same mistake again....before buying the black 12 I had told myself no more black cars and yet I did it anyway...after obsessing over swirls and scratches for a little over 2 years I ordered a 14 GT...funny thing when the sales guy was pricing it out he entered it as black....I said no way...make it silver!!!! Amazing how even after sitting in the garage for 2 weeks it still looks clean, where the black one would have showed all the dust, etc. I'll admit the black looks best when clean but that lasts all of 5 minutes after cleaning it and the constant work to keep it looking it's best wasn't worth it anymore.
I was the same way.

Black is SUCH a pretty color! And honestly, it didn't show dirt as bad as I thought it would. Stand back 5 feet and it looks clean again (even with dust)! However, I did decide that I'd like a little... less detail obsessive colored car and went with kona blue (plus, they didn't make a '12 Boss {non LS} in black).

Either way though, don't let people telly you it was a bad idea. Black is gorgeous! It does, though, require more effort to avoid scratches... but that's as if any car enthusiast doesn't need another reason to hang around his/her car. lol That'd be like saying you're hott wife needs you to go to the gym with her (a commitment I'm always willing to make). lol
Old 3/27/14, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
My work offers a lease deal for employees. So the vehicle my wife drives is leased. In December our sales department told me they could get me into the same vehicle, 2 years newer and lower my payments. I had them locate the exact same color combinations because it is what we like. Most of our family doesn't even know we have a new vehicle because it looks very similar to the last one. Point is drive what you like... Let everyone else worry about themselves. Congrats on the car!
Old 3/27/14, 11:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All my dang mustangs have been red lol except for one Competition Orange
Old 3/27/14, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A 2005 v6 and a 2014 GT is hardly the same car.