2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

A new 5.0 member from Germany / Introduction - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/11, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eric n
FINALLY: Are you finding your watts link a good investment? Do you think it makes a significant difference on street driven cars?
I guess that you won´t feel "the big" difference while highway or interstate-driving, ´cause of the 75 mph speed limit you have over there. An adjustable panhard bar is all you need when lowering the car. But please, that´s my opinion.
The reason for purchaising the Watts-Link was the track use and for the highspeed runs on the german autobahn . Before installing the watts-link the stang was a little nervous at speeds above 120 mph. After installation it feels like a "Brett" (Brett=german word for board )

While road-racing you´ll feel the big difference of the watts-link, ´cause you can push the throttle more and much earlier without getting oversteer. And while curving the rear-axle follows directly the front axle. Man that is difficult to discribe in a foreign language

@ falhulk
Last weekend it was the mixed track with GP-Course and Northloop, the so-called VLN-Variante. I was in the upper 9 minutes. So i guess the stang will run around 8 minutes for the northloop. I´ll see it next time on eastern, when i´m back on the ring.

cheers
Old 3/30/11, 01:02 PM

Ca. 8 Minuten auf der Nordschleife??????

Respect Kollege.
Old 3/30/11, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Gunna66
Ca. 8 Minuten auf der Nordschleife??????

Respect Kollege.
8 minutes for bridge to gantry (BTG). With the last car my best times were around 8:30 BTG with an 240 hp Astra OPC/Vauxhall VXR with street tires.

But don´t talk about times, the fun-factor on the ring with the stang is priceless.
BTW Hi, gunnar greetings to Kassel

Last edited by Dennis-2011-GT; 3/30/11 at 01:11 PM.
Old 3/31/11, 07:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Welcome aboard! What a testament to how admired these new 5.0's are.

Importing a car to Germany must not have been cheap. I'm assuming you could have got the new V8 M3 for the same or possibly cheaper after all associated fees.
The funny thing is, that the M3 is about 90.000 € here. That´re 126.000 $ . I know that the german cars a cheaper in the US than they are here in germany. That´s a reason why some people here re-import a BMW from the staates. They save 20% and more at special Models like M3 or X6 by re-importing.

Importing a Mustang is switching the Dollar price into €uros + ~ 3000 €

So you´ll get a well packed Mustang GT for about 40.000 € at an importeur here in germany. And it´s hell of fun to kick doublepriced BMW or Audi´s a*es at the autobahn

Originally Posted by S197 GT
What do you have planned for sway bars?
I got no probs with the stock sway bars. I don´t know if it is possible to install aftermarket sway bars, ´cause of the watts-link. That was close enough while installing with the stock one.

Cheers
Old 3/31/11, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dennis-2011-GT
Importing a Mustang is switching the Dollar price into €uros + ~ 3000 €

So you´ll get a well packed Mustang GT for about 40.000 € at an importeur here in germany. And it´s hell of fun to kick doublepriced BMW or Audi´s a*es at the autobahn
40,000 € works out to a bit more then the Canadian MSRP prices. I would have thought it would cost a lot more to buy a Mustang in Germany.

I like Busen Müssen Wackeln but for the money they are here in Canada I can get more for less.

Viel Spass
Old 3/31/11, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site. I live in Hockenheim and I have two mustangs one of which I drive on the track here. It is a blast with a built suspension and 700 HP. I just have to improve my driving (a little). It would be nice to meet up at Nurburgring this season.

Old 3/31/11, 12:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think I've seen some of your videos at Hockenheim

Sounds like you are enjoying the car!
Old 3/31/11, 01:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Sounds like you are enjoying the car!
Yeah you´re right. The look, the sound, the power..... and best for me as a high aged man

...the young ladys love that ride too......

(just kidding, i´m married )
Old 3/31/11, 01:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by eurocobra
It would be nice to meet up at Nurburgring this season.
Nice Stang you have with "very nice " numbers. I think we´ll find a day at the ring this year, so i can show you the track and the tricky parts of it....and yes the ring has a lot of tricky parts.

Cheers
Old 3/31/11, 01:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Awesome pics and story. Welcome aboard.
Old 3/31/11, 01:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Awesome pics and story. Welcome aboard.
Thank you, good to be here,

(btw., good way to improve my english skills for our this years US-Trip in September )
Old 3/31/11, 03:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forum..We loved Germany while assigned there from '79 to '82 at Rhein-Main AB. We lived in a small town, Braunshardt, so I had about a 35 minute drive on the 'Bahn everyday, in my '79 Mustang Cobra 5.0 which was set up for Germany by the Ford dealer in Frankfurt. Our daughters also enjoyed being there, our oldest was on a gymnastics team, in the area and the youngest swam with the Weiterstadt swim team. We still enjoy German wine (Rhein Valley) and have a favorite German restaurant here in South Dakota.

I see the "Greens" have won a state election and are talking about a 75mph speed limit on the Autobahn, to lower the carbon footprint.

Your videos and photos were great. Thanks for posting them and reminding me how much fun we had while living in your beautiful country.
Old 4/1/11, 12:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Welcome to the forum..We loved Germany while assigned there from '79 to '82 at Rhein-Main AB. reminding me how much fun we had while living in your beautiful country.
The Rhein-Main AB is history. We knocked everthing down for the new Terminal 3. I´m working at the Frankfurt airport as a project controller and construction manager. Here you can get some information about the airport and airport future if you´re still interested

http://www.ausbau.fraport.com/cms/de...rik/2/2227.htm

I´m involved in the construction of the new runaway and several other projects at the airport. I take care of the implementation of all the low current stuff like network infrastructure, fire detecting systems, video detection and so on.

Welcome to the forum..We loved Germany while assigned there from '79 to '82 at Rhein-Main AB. reminding me how much fun we had while living in your beautiful country.
Hehe i love to be in the US. My wife and me ´re looking forward to september . We spend our vacations in the US every year.

I see the "Greens" have won a state election and are talking about a 75mph speed limit on the Autobahn, to lower the carbon footprint.
Fortunately that was only a local election for Baden-Wuertemberg and not a state election for whole Germany. Otherwise we have a very powerful automobile lobby here in Germany, so i hope they cut off that stupid speedlimit discussion

There´s nothing better than switching the cruise controll to 140 mph.....and let it roll.... (you can only do that at night ´cause of the traffic in the daytime)

Cheers
Old 4/2/11, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dennis, thank you for the link. I was just out there reading about the work being done, and photos were great...what a change! I am glad to see the forest appears as it did. I would run, every day at lunch, in the forest just outside the back gate.

We live in the Black Hills of South Dakota (Rapid City). There is a Mustang Rally in Sturgis, about 14 miles from Rapid City, in September. Here is the link to the home page. I am a member of the Sturgis Mustang club. There is great driving in the hills, Mount Rushmore is here, and other sites within easy driving distance. This is a family oriented event, so you can relax and enjoy the sites.

http://www.sturgismustangrally.com/

If you think you may be in the area, let me know.

Cheers,

John
Old 4/2/11, 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Very nice car you have and I love the pictures. All the years I lived in Mannheim I never had the chance to run any of my cars on the track at Hockenheim. I'm curious as to what springs and tires you are running?
Old 4/2/11, 06:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome and nice ride!

Are you planning on using the fog light openings on the lower fascia for brake cooling ducts?

Just found this:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...embo-Brake-Mus

Most of you probably already knew about it.

Last edited by Thomas S; 4/2/11 at 06:15 PM.
Old 4/2/11, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

Dennis, welcome aboard! I would so love to go aroind that track in a Mustang. I have watched so amny shows on Speed Channel on the track.

When you are in the states if you are in VA look us up!

Joe
Old 4/2/11, 06:48 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome
Old 4/3/11, 12:02 AM
GT Member

Great looking ride Dennis! Like a few others I was stationed in Germany from 2005-09 at Hohenfels. I lived in Schmidmuehlen (think I spelled it right). Me and my family loved our time in your country. Would love to go back. I still have a Weissen itch to scratch! Glad you're enjoying your Mustang. I bought my 08 from AAFES and got to wind it out on the autobahn and rural roads around Hohenfels. Fun times!
Old 4/3/11, 02:41 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome to TMS. Another foreigner here

I've been lucky enough to drive a Brembo equiped 5.0 (black too, the best colour ) here in the UK. What an awesome car.

The prejudice some people show to the Mustang is sad. Too much time listening to "experts" like Jeremy Clarkson.......but there is a strong and loyal fan base throughout Europe. I'm actually glad we're a minority though, as it makes the Mustang rare and, therefore, more of an event for all those that we meet.

My car only comes out on nice days (I've a daily driver BMW too!) and it never ceases to bring a smile to my face when people say "cool car" or stop to take photographs. Even filling up at the equivilent of $9/gallon is made easier when the garage attendent says "nice car".

Anyway, enough of my rambling, this is your thread.

Welcome to Mustang ownership. The grin never goes away

Quick Reply: A new 5.0 member from Germany / Introduction - Pics