Originally Posted by FordService
Thank you for the support, KC3333! Deysha
Absolutely!
Old 3/12/14, 08:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KC3333
Awesome !!! Great outcome. Enjoy the 'best factory Mustang ever built.'
I like that quote. I'd like it more if I could drive mine instead of waiting for all this snow to melt!!!
Old 3/15/14, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
I like that quote. I'd like it more if I could drive mine instead of waiting for all this snow to melt!!!
I hear that. More snow today...
Old 3/15/14, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought it from Expo Motorcars in Houston.
What was your buying experience like with them (other than this unfortunate issue)? I live up here near Dallas, and have seen cars on their site that have tempted me to fly or drive down there- but it would be nice to get a first-hand account from a customer.

I'm jealous of your Boss- and glad you'll be driving and enjoying it soon! I looked at the '13s before ordering my '14 GT, but finding one with navigation or the glass roof ended up being a unicorn hunt (to my knowledge, the latter option couldn't be had on a Boss). The exhaust coming from those side pipes sounds sooooo awesome (and that's one feature that CAN be added to the GT- and will eventually be going on mine). Enjoy!

I saw your PM from Friday, wbraun88. I don’t work weekends, so I’ll be able to get back to you today.
Deysha

We really ought to have a customer support appreciation day on this site! I personally may not have survived the wait after ordering my '14 if I hadn't found this site and the wonderful CSR who lurks here!

Having managed the technical CSR function at my current employer, it is AMAZING how much the internet has expanded the world of customer service! Its great that Ford has folks dedicated to scouring social media sites like this to proactively reach out to their customers. I mean, 20 years ago can you imagine having a conversation about a problem you were having with your Ford at a bar and having a pleasant person show up and offer to help work things out with your dealer? That's effectively what happens on this site all the time.
Old 3/15/14, 11:27 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by wbraun88
Great news!
They took out the transmission today and found out that it was the slave cylinder. Which means that instead of a $1200 out-of-pocket clutch replacement all the repairs will be covered AND it means that the previous owner probably had at least some idea of how to drive a manual transmission.
I hope to have the car back by Wednesday at which point I will was it and definitely put up some pictures!
Thanks for the kind words and advice, everyone.
That is awesome. Great to hear.
We want pics!
Old 3/16/14, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Varilux
I bought it from Expo Motorcars in Houston.
What was your buying experience like with them (other than this unfortunate issue)? I live up here near Dallas, and have seen cars on their site that have tempted me to fly or drive down there- but it would be nice to get a first-hand account from a customer.

I'm jealous of your Boss- and glad you'll be driving and enjoying it soon! I looked at the '13s before ordering my '14 GT, but finding one with navigation or the glass roof ended up being a unicorn hunt (to my knowledge, the latter option couldn't be had on a Boss). The exhaust coming from those side pipes sounds sooooo awesome (and that's one feature that CAN be added to the GT- and will eventually be going on mine). Enjoy!

I saw your PM from Friday, wbraun88. I don’t work weekends, so I’ll be able to get back to you today.
Deysha

We really ought to have a customer support appreciation day on this site! I personally may not have survived the wait after ordering my '14 if I hadn't found this site and the wonderful CSR who lurks here!

Having managed the technical CSR function at my current employer, it is AMAZING how much the internet has expanded the world of customer service! Its great that Ford has folks dedicated to scouring social media sites like this to proactively reach out to their customers. I mean, 20 years ago can you imagine having a conversation about a problem you were having with your Ford at a bar and having a pleasant person show up and offer to help work things out with your dealer? That's effectively what happens on this site all the time.
My experience was very good. I worked with a salesman named Billy who was very helpful and friendly, but it also helped that we had A LOT in common. I would say I got a good (not great) deal and financing was easy. Also, the price I negotiated was not changed at all after the fact (as I hear is sometimes the case). I negotiated for an "out-the-door" price after all of the dealer fees and small TX state sales taxes and they held true to that number.

After I got the car back to Houston and started having issues I kept in touch with Billy and he asked for me to send him a quote if/when it turned out it wasn't going to be covered. I can't say for sure whether or not they would have paid the bill but Billy said that the Sales Manager and GM were both aware of my situation and were awaiting a resolution. Luckily it didn't come to that but I feel like Billy actually cared about my situation.

WITH THAT BEING SAID: I stand by my earlier statement that I will never again buy a performance car from anyone but it's last owner. That's not Expo's fault - as I truly don't believe that they set me up or sold me a known-issue car, but it's just the way things turned out.
Old 3/16/14, 09:48 AM

By the way, I got the car back on Thursday and got to enjoy the nice weather that night. I washed, clay barred, and waxed the car yesterday and it's looking 10x better than when I bought it! I hope to post pictures tonight but the weather must cooperate!

Thanks again for all the help and concern, this forum has kept me sane over the course of this stressful repair process!
Old 3/16/14, 10:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
After my experience, I wouldn't even buy a modded car from someone I know lol. Just do it yourself the right way, even if it takes longer and costs more then buying it "built." Glad you got your car back man!
Old 3/16/14, 11:29 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
After my experience, I wouldn't even buy a modded car from someone I know lol. Just do it yourself the right way, even if it takes longer and costs more then buying it "built." Glad you got your car back man!
Patrick, you wouldn't buy my car????? Come on now... I'm hurt!!!

Old 3/16/14, 11:30 AM
I Have No Life

Congrats op. Glad to see you're back up and running.
Old 3/16/14, 12:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Patrick, you wouldn't buy my car????? Come on now... I'm hurt!!!
Okay that's different lol. But actually, probably not because it doesn't have a glass roof
Old 3/16/14, 01:45 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
Okay that's different lol. But actually, probably not because it doesn't have a glass roof
Haha.. Ripped!
Old 3/16/14, 02:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Haha.. Ripped!
It also needs new shocks and struts
Old 3/17/14, 08:09 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Varilux
Deysha

Thank you for the kind words and support, Varilux!

By the way, I got the car back on Thursday and got to enjoy the nice weather that night. I washed, clay barred, and waxed the car yesterday and it's looking 10x better than when I bought it! I hope to post pictures tonight but the weather must cooperate!

Thanks again for all the help and concern, this forum has kept me sane over the course of this stressful repair process!
Awesome! Thanks for the update, wbraun88!

Deysha
Old 3/27/14, 03:23 PM

Pics (Finally!)

These are from when I washed, clayed, and waxed the car last weekend. The car has been a blast so far and it's a constant challenge to get any type of gas mileage over 15mpg.

Thanks again for all the help, here is #3232:
Attached Thumbnails New '12 Boss Owner, Help!-audi-dealership.jpg   New '12 Boss Owner, Help!-imag1116.jpg   New '12 Boss Owner, Help!-imag1115.jpg   New '12 Boss Owner, Help!-parking-garage.jpg   New '12 Boss Owner, Help!-texas-rest-stop.jpg  

Old 3/27/14, 04:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
These are from when I washed, clayed, and waxed the car last weekend. The car has been a blast so far and it's a constant challenge to get any type of gas mileage over 15mpg.
Thanks again for all the help, here is #3232:
Beautiful car man. Enjoy!