2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/10, 12:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
Buddy of mine alerted me to your post. I work for Woody Anderson Ford. The dealer that actually has this car.
Based on the pros and con's you guys have posted you have a good deal. The vehicle has a ever so small scratch across the plastic on the back bumper, caused by the transportation company delivering the vehicle. We already order the replacement piece for and it does not require any paint. Snap on and your done.
All we sell our Ford Motor warranties and Gap is always a good idea, unless you have a lot of equity.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call me @ 256-517-1359
Yeah, and the warranty prices quoted here are for Ford ESP warranties too. In the case of what I quoted, it was PREMIUM care. Nice try though.

Let me see if I get this straight... you ordered a PAINTED replacement bumper?

Based on what you posted, I'd not only walk away, I'd run.
Old 5/13/10, 12:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Not only is the interest rate horrible, but SIX YEARS??? No one should take a six year loan unless the interest is 0%. Save up more money so that you don't need GAP. And go through your bank to find a five year loan with a lower interest rate. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Adam; 5/13/10 at 12:52 PM.
Old 5/13/10, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Yeah, and the warranty prices quoted here are for Ford ESP warranties too. In the case of what I quoted, it was PREMIUM care. Nice try though.

based on what you say you need to run. do you have any idea what you are talking about? a replacement bumper from the factory is an overkill fix. its OEM factory perfect part. i cant cal you names.

Last edited by Boomer; 5/14/10 at 07:14 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 01:09 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
why is so much stuff listed as " options " when you cant get one without all those " options "?
Old 5/13/10, 01:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by assasinator
based on what you say you need to run. do you have any idea what you are talking about? a replacement bumper from the factory is an overkill fix. its OEM factory perfect part. i cant cal you names.
Well I guess you're American Mustang's informant... and incapable of reading.

He wrote "We already order the replacement piece for and it does not require any paint."

So if the bumper is scratched and a replacement piece is ordered, what exactly is the piece that was ordered that's NOT the bumper?

And yes, I have every idea what I'm talking about. I'd run from this dealer on this deal in a heartbeat. The only reason I'm still with mine is a) I ordered the car and have a deposit and b) it's going to be here "any day now."

Last edited by Boomer; 5/14/10 at 07:15 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
FYI ... if it's the rear lower valance on the bumper cover that is scratched then it does not have to be painted .. they are ALL black.
Old 5/13/10, 01:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dmhines
FYI ... if it's the rear lower valance on the bumper cover that is scratched then it does not have to be painted .. they are ALL black.
That can just be replaced and you'd never know.
Old 5/13/10, 01:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
That can just be replaced and you'd never know.
Exactly ... and the only way to repair it since it is not painted is by ordering a replacement.
Old 5/13/10, 01:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Hard to say what's scratched. The ad says, "REAR BUMPER SCRATCHED I "UP AND 3" DIA"

THREE inch diameter?!?!? That's more than a scratch, no? And I think the "I" is a 1 typed by someone who learned no a manual typewriter or something. If it IS 1" up, it probably is the valance but like bpmurr said... why not just replace it and forget about trying to sell it "damaged." That kind of stuff happens all the time and the customer never finds out about it.
Old 5/13/10, 01:33 PM
GT Member

Well I guess you're American Mustang's informant... and incapable of reading.

He wrote "We already order the replacement piece for and it does not require any paint."

So if the bumper is scratched and a replacement piece is ordered, what exactly is the piece that was ordered that's NOT the bumper?

And yes, I have every idea what I'm talking about. I'd run from this dealer on this deal in a heartbeat. The only reason I'm still with mine is a) I ordered the car and have a deposit and b) it's going to be here "any day now."

Possibly he means "we already ordered the replacement part, we don't need to paint it (because it's already painted), so we'll just put it on as soon as it arrives."

As for the overall tone of this thread, someone went in and agreed to pay sticker for the car. Could they have done better? Yes they could have. I don't expect a dealer to price out a car for less than sticker initially. If you want to do better then go in prepared like I did and many others of us here have.

Last edited by Boomer; 5/14/10 at 07:15 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 01:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by bostang1
My wife told me she was going to check out the new 2011 5.0 Mustang and just like i feared she got pressured into signing a contract. She has not yet traded her 07 GT in but she is supposed to take it to dealership tomorrow to get the new 2011. I just wanted to see what you guys think of the deal and what if she doesn't pick the car up after signing? Ok, 2011 5.0 Black Automatic GT Premium, I'm guessing its a premium because she said it had leather seats and shaker 500 with a rear view camera and some other stuff and also has the 19" rims. The dealership she bought from has to go and pick up the car she wants from another dealership 200 miles away. She ended up agreeing to 36500 price and I'm not sure if its atleast an ok deal? She also fell for the old Gap insurance and extended warranty ripoff which cost her another 2500! She financed it for 6 years with a 6.9% interest rate, whick i know sounds bad but credit score was a 605 so she was lucky to be uner 10% but what do you guys think about it? I told her to cancel the gap and extended warranty ASAP and I would let her know what I could find out about the going price on these cars. I forgot, They are giving her payoff of 16000 for her 2007 GT with 52K on it now and its a base model GT. What do you guys think?
Originally Posted by tmclaugh
Possibly he means "we already ordered the replacement part, we don't need to paint it (because it's already painted), so we'll just put it on as soon as it arrives."
Possibly. But I was pretty sure Ford didn't ship painted body parts.

Originally Posted by tmclaugh
As for the overall tone of this thread, someone went in and agreed to pay sticker for the car. Could they have done better? Yes they could have. I don't expect a dealer to price out a car for less than sticker initially. If you want to do better then go in prepared like I did and many others of us here have.
No debate there, Tom but I think that last sentence from the OP opened up the door to everyone's OPINION. Which is what this thread has been all about. And one could argue in the 21st century, conventional wisdom or informed consumer.
Old 5/13/10, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gene K
1. 6.9% is about as good as you can do on 72 months right now through Ford. No problem their.
2. They are giving her roughly $1100-2100 over Average Trade (NADA) or Good Wholesale (Kelly Blue Book) for a 52,000 mile GT Deluxe in my locale. So no problem their.
3. Without knowing what MSRP or Invoice is on the exact car she is buying its hard to say if $36,500 is a fair price.

Edit: MSRP $36,465. Total Invoice $34,057.60

If they are padding her trade by roughly $1,600 (which it appears to me) then they are off by a little under $850.

Bottom Line: Undisclosed previous damage to vehicle. We are walking.

PS GAP Insurance isnt a bad idea with essentially zero down and a 72 month term. But dont overpay for it. Some Car insurance companies offer it as a rider on your auto policy for way less than a dealer.
Originally Posted by bostang1
I'm going down there tomorrow and telling them that I was not told about any sctatches to the bumper so that will take care of any contract signed. I don't think I'm going to get them down to 35300 because its impossible to get this car anywhere else around here right now so I'm willing to pay a little extra but with the bumper being scratched enough for them to put it in the vehicle description to me seems like enough for some kind of discount. I'm thinking of telling the salesman she dealt with 35800, reason be is I really think 16K is a good amount for her Mustang. Edmunds has it booked at 13800 so I'm thinking the 2K they are giving more on her car is the reason for the higher price on the 2011. What you guys think?

The bottom of the bumper is NOT painted. It is a coarse piece of plastic. and it's so small, if it was me...I would say don't worry about it I'll dirve it like it is.
Old 5/13/10, 01:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Just wow. . .

Might as well pay MSRP at the scratch and dent store too. . .
Old 5/13/10, 02:11 PM

Hard to say what's scratched. The ad says, "REAR BUMPER SCRATCHED I "UP AND 3" DIA"

THREE inch diameter?!?!? That's more than a scratch, no? And I think the "I" is a 1 typed by someone who learned no a manual typewriter or something. If it IS 1" up, it probably is the valance but like bpmurr said... why not just replace it and forget about trying to sell it "damaged." That kind of stuff happens all the time and the customer never finds out about it.

Dude, our people are very meticulous. And you are ridiculous. Take a nap and let the big boys take care of this. Really. Bye.
Old 5/13/10, 02:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Dude, our people are very meticulous. And you are ridiculous. Take a nap and let the big boys take care of this. Really. Bye.
Way to keep it classy, Woody Anderson Ford.
Old 5/13/10, 02:23 PM
Cobra R Member

You're willing to a) sell a damaged car and b) tell someone to just drive it like that.

If that's "meticulous" then I definitely wouldn't have anything to do with your dealership. Ever.
Old 5/13/10, 02:25 PM
eci
Banned

Wow, a typical Ford dealer.

lol @ "Just drive it like that"

If you brough your trade with a scratch they'd FOR SURE "WWWWOAAAAAH HORSEY!!! Gotta deduct for that! "
Old 5/13/10, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Well....hmmm....Everyone is going to get different deals. It is just the nature of things. As for the scratch, the way I read it was it was on the "Plastic" part of the valance, thus does not need to be painted. My opinion ? Let the people actually HANDED OUT THE CASH look and deal with the scrtach. Everyone else ? Well opinions on that are just like "you know the rest".

Also I do believe the guy from thed dealership said:

if it was me...I would say don't worry about it I'll dirve it like it is.
I read it as if HE was buying the car he would not care.

Slow your roll people..read whats actually going on before jumping on the "bash" wagon. Just saying.

Last edited by Ninjak; 5/13/10 at 02:30 PM.
Old 5/13/10, 02:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Would YOU buy a new car with a scratch on it for $36k?

I think the point is regardless of what the salesman says, it should be unacceptable to even try to push a damaged car off at MSRP whether the salesman would "drive it" like that or not. He's not buying it.

And opinions were requested. So let 'em roll.
Old 5/13/10, 02:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eci
If you brough your trade with a scratch they'd FOR SURE "WWWWOAAAAAH HORSEY!!! Gotta deduct for that! "
"We would have given you $16,000 if it wasn't for the extensive cosmetic damage. Unfortunately, we can only offer you $12,500."

Quick Reply: My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.