2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/10, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, cancel the order immediately. They're clearly just trying to rip off your wife. Is that the kind of dealership you want to purchase a car with? Do you trust them to take care of you in the future?

You can custom order a mustang with NO scratches for LESS money. Ideally from a dealership that does not try to scam women out of their money.

You CAN cancel the contract.
Old 5/13/10, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Bottom line is that you or your wife is still getting jerked around a bit. NO ONE can force you to sign any contract. If you are going just to "look" then at any point you feel pressured, just walk away and tell them you are going to do business with another dealer. Or just walk away.
I understand what it's like to get overwhealmed at a dealer but you and your wife need to know there is always another option. If anyone did this to my wife, I'd have left work to kick in the dealers door to chew some one's ***.
Certainly take the advice given in this thread about the pricing though if you are dead set on the car. You can always go to another dealer and tell them what is up, as far as I can tell the car is still 200 miles away and is fair game to another dealer trade. It's best to let a dealer know that you aren't F-ing around.
Old 5/13/10, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cancel NOW. The longer you wait, the harder it will be.
Old 5/13/10, 09:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

I would be suprised if the dealer that has the car will trade it anyway. They aren't going to give up a 2011 without getting one back. Not to defend the dealer and I certainly don't condone how most of them operate but I assume your wife is a fully functioning adult so she is as much to blame if not more if she can't resist spending $35,000 on a whim because a salesperson asked her to. I do this everyday using a one price no pressure philosophy but people get excited and caught up in the moment and it isn't our job to refuse to let them buy a car. How many times have I gone to Lowes, Home Depot or the local Harley store and walked out with $500 worth of crap I had no intentions of buying when I walked in? That isn't the stores fault it is mine. They are there to sell me stuff I have to have the strenghth to resist.

The over charging is a whole different story but the fact that she actually signed a contract has to ultimately be on her.

Just my $.02 from the other side.
Old 5/13/10, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Gene K;5868323]1. 6.9% is about as good as you can do on 72 months right now through Ford. No problem their.
I just got a 4.9 % rate on a used car via credit union, could get around 3% for new. Try different financing options. Unless you are getting the 0.0%, ford finance is not usually the way to go.
Old 5/13/10, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive sat in that car, and run it(not driven). the rear view camera is too cool.

Last edited by assasinator; 5/13/10 at 09:27 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

the car is clean and in great shape. sounds good too. mine should be in there soon.
Old 5/13/10, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

if there is paint damage from shipping it will get fixed. its the shipper's fault. jim is my GF's friend. he's not going to rip you off. they are going to try to make as much as possible. im not overpaying on mine. im paying msrp, but so are a lot of people.

man, talk to Jim Sigle (sales manager)about it. dont just jump to what some guys on a forum are telling you. jim's an enthusiast like us. Im bill fisher, he knows me and my GF. they are long time buds. go see the car. its fantastic. i thought about buying it when i sat in it.

Last edited by assasinator; 5/13/10 at 10:16 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by assasinator
if there is paint damage from shipping it will get fixed for free. its the shipper's fault. jim is a friend. he's not going to rip you off. yhey are going to try to make as much as possible. im not overpaying on mine. im paying msrp, but so are a lot of people.

man talk to Jim Sigle (sales manager)about it. dont just jump to what some guys on a forum are telling you. jim's an enthusiast like us. Im bill fisher, he knows me and my GF. they are long time buds.
In this day and age, those are mutually exclusive.

I have some real estate to sell you if you're interested. Not a penny over what I'm asking.
Old 5/13/10, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Window Sticker! Yay, Ford Direct Services!

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CF0B5103781

Sounds like she's paying MSRP on the dot unless they already figured in taxes (which I'm sure they haven't). The difference could just be title fees, etc. It's not a terrible deal since you're getting good value on the trade-in, but most places the contract means nothing, as you can walk away at any time. You may have to take a look at your local and state laws, but as far as I know it's not final until you drive that car off the lot after the deal is finalized and payments arranged.

I'd look for that scratch and either get them to knock off a good bit of money for it or get them to replace the entire bumper. Or just walk, like people have said before, if you find the right dealer you can order EXACTLY what you want and get roughly invoice w/o holdback, though admittedly with a 6-8 week wait.

And in fairness to his wife, I've heard that car is pretty sweet.
Old 5/13/10, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
In this day and age, those are mutually exclusive.

I have some real estate to sell you if you're interested. Not a penny over what I'm asking.
we'll see.

Last edited by assasinator; 5/13/10 at 10:15 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 09:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the people on the forum just don't want to see anyone get a fair deal. If the trade works as you describe, given the other factors of the deal then it sounds reasonable. Not great, reasonable. Especially if you are getting around 2k over for trade. That takes the price down a bit. So all in all, it seems alright. The car seems nice, not for me, but nice enough! Probably is pretty sharp!

My focus was mainly the dealer taking advantage of your wife and that your wife actually signed something.

I wasn't there so I only know what I read, you can only take advice from the description we were given. Make sense?
Old 5/13/10, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by assasinator
if there is paint damage from shipping it will get fixed. its the shipper's fault. jim is my GF's friend. he's not going to rip you off. they are going to try to make as much as possible. im not overpaying on mine. im paying msrp, but so are a lot of people.

man, talk to Jim Sigle (sales manager)about it. dont just jump to what some guys on a forum are telling you. jim's an enthusiast like us. Im bill fisher, he knows me and my GF. they are long time buds. go see the car. its fantastic. i thought about buying it when i sat in it.
If you're paying MSRP, you're not getting a great deal. You can get free X-plan pins online immediately. You can get them under YOUR name if you purchase 1 stock in Ford (about $13?) and wait a few months.

Also, there's a big difference between factory paint and "fixed it up at the dealership" paint. One will look the same after a decade, and the other... is a wildcard. You might get lucky and it might last 10 years. Chances are, it will start to bubble/peel/discolor differently than factory paint much, much sooner.
Old 5/13/10, 10:28 AM
eci
Banned

Dealers cant paint for ****.
Old 5/13/10, 10:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
Dealers cant paint for ****.
Amen!

Run from this deal. There is no reason why anyone shouldn't be paying $500 or less over invoice for a 2011 GT. Being this car was damaged it should be even less.
Old 5/13/10, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Amen!

Run from this deal. There is no reason why anyone shouldn't be paying $500 or less over invoice for a 2011 GT. Being this car was damaged it should be even less.

Should be free.
Old 5/13/10, 11:21 AM

Buddy of mine alerted me to your post. I work for Woody Anderson Ford. The dealer that actually has this car.
Based on the pros and con's you guys have posted you have a good deal. The vehicle has a ever so small scratch across the plastic on the back bumper, caused by the transportation company delivering the vehicle. We already order the replacement piece for and it does not require any paint. Snap on and your done.
All we sell our Ford Motor warranties and Gap is always a good idea, unless you have a lot of equity.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call me @ 256-517-1359
Old 5/13/10, 11:47 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
If you're paying MSRP, you're not getting a great deal. You can get free X-plan pins online immediately. You can get them under YOUR name if you purchase 1 stock in Ford (about $13?) and wait a few months.
Not quite true. It's currently 100 shares and you have to wait a minimum of 6 months.

Last edited by PTRocks; 5/13/10 at 11:50 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 12:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Not quite true. It's currently 100 shares and you have to wait a minimum of 6 months.
I'm not eligible for an x-plan pin until August but yesterday I got two dealers to agree to the x-plan price on the car I wanted. I simply emailed them and said I wanted to order a car and this is exactly what I would pay for it. I told them that once August rolled around I could just go anywhere. The price list post in this forum is your friend.

For anyone in the Massachusetts area, Colonial Ford in Plymouth and Imperial Ford in Mendon were the two.
Old 5/13/10, 12:36 PM
GT Member

You and your wife simply have to decide is it a good deal for you. She did not get 'trapped' or forced into anything. I'm sure she is a grown woman (drives an '07 GT) and can look out for herself. Just think of the number of husbands who go out and do the same thing. Between the trade-in amount and the sticker price, it sounds like you're getting an average deal but I seriously doubt you are getting 'ripped off'. Some people have more business acumen, some are better hagglers, most of us are just happy with the deal we get.

Quick Reply: My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.