2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My new ride... '14 GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/13, 07:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice! You only should've checked "automatic" option because you'll have an mt82 thread before it's over ( jk) . I really like your roof. How much does that add to the weight of the car if any?? How much was that baby all loaded out like that? Again, congrats.
Old 5/24/13, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
From what I've read, the glass roof adds 28 pounds over the metal roof, and actually increases the rigidity of the car slightly (also very strong, I've seen a pic where a tree fell across the car, caved in the hood but the roof was still intact).

By the time I was done checking boxes, the sticker was at $44,100. However, I was getting X-Plan pricing + the $2,000 from Ford, so the final out the door cost was right around $39,300 (which seemed pretty good to me).

I just completed the first mod (painting the coil covers blue) tonight...
Old 5/25/13, 09:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
I let my sirius expire, got a letter yesterday 6 months for 24.99 - I signed up but will not renew... I think I can keep playing that game.
You may be on an auto renewal. I did the 6 months for that price also and they forced me to sign up for auto renewal, at the regular price. So make sure you call and cancel right before your 6 months is up.

OP, beautiful ride! Doesn't need stripes IMO!
Old 5/25/13, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good for you man, the car looks great. I really like the pic of the '14 and the '65. Like TT said, please post more pics of the two of 'em together, they both look incredible!
Old 5/25/13, 10:25 AM
V6 Member

I too factory ordered while I was deployed. I got a Sterling Gray and now that I see your pics, I really wish I would have gotten the red vs the black 401a. The red looks amazing.
Old 5/25/13, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Almost perfect car washing weather here in DFW today (nice and cloudy)... only problem was intermittent showers! I got these pics about 5 minutes before the rain came again (ponies are nice and dry in the stable).

Here's some pics of the '14 and '65 together. From the front they are similar- but from the rear the '65 is Teri Hatcher while the '14 is more JLo. Sterling Gray is an amazingly cool color, but I wish I'd have gone with Ingot Silver for a better match (plus, I can tell this dark grey is going to be a bugger to keep clean)!
Attached Thumbnails My new ride... '14 GT-cfront.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-c14int.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-c65int.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-c1465front.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-crear.jpg  

Old 5/25/13, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, and it was REALLY cool when I started up the nav today and saw the custom screen Ford installed... Okay, I admit I created the image with Corel and loaded the pic- but how cool would it be if Ford really did install a custom image for factory orders? (I guess I'm a bit narcisstic.)

Other than ordering some hood struts, I'm done modding. Coil covers are 302 blue, ugly sound enhancing worm thingy is removed, and extractor vents have flat black inserts- other than that, I'm happy with the way the factory made it.
Attached Thumbnails My new ride... '14 GT-radio-screen.jpg  
Old 5/25/13, 11:58 PM

Very nice. I'm in the process of building and basically I'm ordering everything but the window roof. I like the idea of it but wondered what it was like. I haven't seen one.

one issue I'm having is deciding between white and grey.

Can you post some more pics of the roof? with the shade closed?

Congrats on your new ride.

Last edited by bry@n; 5/26/13 at 12:23 AM.
Old 5/26/13, 03:29 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Superb photos, thank you. Those two make great book ends

Old 5/26/13, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I have matte black MCA stripes on a SCM 2012. While I don't like the style so much anymore, the matte over SGM looks awesome. They are really kinda like a satin paint rather than flat, and I wax right over them. I'm thinking about matte OTT dual stripes, ala GT500, and pulling the MCAs.

Anyway, your SGM over red interior is my absolute favorite of any 2011+. I have the lava red 2-tone, but it does not compare. Congrats!
Attached Thumbnails My new ride... '14 GT-image-979574755.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-image-2095348621.jpg  
Old 5/26/13, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Almost perfect car washing weather here in DFW today (nice and cloudy)... only problem was intermittent showers! I got these pics about 5 minutes before the rain came again (ponies are nice and dry in the stable).

Here's some pics of the '14 and '65 together. From the front they are similar- but from the rear the '65 is Teri Hatcher while the '14 is more JLo. Sterling Gray is an amazingly cool color, but I wish I'd have gone with Ingot Silver for a better match (plus, I can tell this dark grey is going to be a bugger to keep clean)!
Wow! Beautiful pair!!! Funny though, it's pretty easy to see where that extra 1/2 ton came from.
Old 5/26/13, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Funny though, it's pretty easy to see where that extra 1/2 ton came from.
Yeah, the '14 looks like its on steroids or something compared to the '65!

The '03 was feeling left out- so I here's a pic of it (with the '65 right before I swapped out to disc brakes in the front allowing me to go with 5 lug wheels all around).

I'm on vacation the next week, so I should have time to go out and shoot some pics in the next couple of days!

The white looks super sharp with red or blue stripes, IMO!
Attached Thumbnails My new ride... '14 GT-mustangs.jpg  
Old 5/27/13, 09:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Funny though, it's pretty easy to see where that extra 1/2 ton came from.
Yeah, the '14 looks like its on steroids or something compared to the '65!

The '03 was feeling left out- so I here's a pic of it (with the '65 right before I swapped out to disc brakes in the front allowing me to go with 5 lug wheels all around).

I'm on vacation the next week, so I should have time to go out and shoot some pics in the next couple of days!

The white looks super sharp with red or blue stripes, IMO!
Throw a grille delete, chin spoiler, and cut the fog-light bars out on that sixer! It'll dramatically make the front end look better!
Old 5/27/13, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome pics, the mustangs look really good together. I'm really diggin' the sterling gray too. I should have considered it a little more before going for black! Good luck with them my friend.
Old 5/27/13, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I took delivery of my factory ordered GT on Tuesday (only took 40 days from order to delivery, but it felt like eternity )! My son had the chance to watch the service department peel the plastic and prep the car for delivery- which he enjoyed immensely. I ordered every package available, plus the glass roof... I think the only options I left unchecked were the Recaros (looked awesome but the wife wanted heated seats and I wanted a red interior), the Shaker 1000 (loving the sound of the "base" Shaker system), and the rear sensor/security system (ordered the rear camera instead).

So far, its probably the most "complete" car I've ever driven- everything just feels effortless. The Sterling Gray is still growing on me, as is the 3.73 rear (I'm still trying to figure out how to perfect the launch through 1st gear)- but overall what's not to love (suspension is amazing, glass roof just really opens up the car, and the SYNC system and ambient lighting are too cool).

Now, if I can just get the feel for launching in 1st and figure out how to load some custom pics into the nav screen... Oh, and figure out if I want to add stripes (and if so, in flat black or metallic silver)!
Grey with red is the best combo in my opinion no idea why they pulled it for 2013 I would be driving a 13 right now if they hadn't, glad to see it retuned for 2014. Awesome car.

I would go black on the stripes and throw in the black boss shift **** as well!
Old 5/27/13, 09:55 PM

Congrats. I like the red seats and the steering wheel. I ordered my 13 GT the opposite of yours. I only checked 3 options, track pack, recaro seats and spoiler delete. I do miss options though like I have on my DD.
Old 5/28/13, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Nice car neighbor. Spoke to your son a little bit on Monday about exhaust.
Old 5/28/13, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh, and it was REALLY cool when I started up the nav today and saw the custom screen Ford installed... Okay, I admit I created the image with Corel and loaded the pic- but how cool would it be if Ford really did install a custom image for factory orders? (I guess I'm a bit narcisstic.)

Other than ordering some hood struts, I'm done modding. Coil covers are 302 blue, ugly sound enhancing worm thingy is removed, and extractor vents have flat black inserts- other than that, I'm happy with the way the factory made it.
Hey Pete, I found a good use for the remainder of your Flat Blue Header Paint. This paint mod popped so loud, I've been deaf all morning. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails My new ride... '14 GT-dsc00001.jpg   My new ride... '14 GT-dsc00002.jpg  
Old 5/30/13, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good job with the blue- and great idea! I like that alot... really pops when you open the hood!