The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   My Ford Rep came today!!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/my-ford-rep-came-today-481962/)

05fordgt 4/6/10 04:30 PM

My Ford Rep came today!!!

Hey guys, sorry I have been off the boards the past few days. We are closed on Easter Monday, as we take that as our floating holiday. And Easter Sunday was spent with my girlfriend and her mom for dinner. So I wanted to apologize in advance for not getting back to anyone till today who left me a PM or email. :nice:

So I asked my Zone Rep if she has any info for me. I asked about them shipping. The OK To Buy has not been given yet but its going to be any day as she put it (could it be tomorrow as EVO has listed? I don't know. But we'll see. I think by the end of week for sure, in my opinion).

Also, the retail orders will start being scheduled very soon for May production which is why she was here, for our May wholesale. Sooooo, I hope that in a few weeks, to have some VIN numbers for May production for our forum members. I'm only able to do what I can, but she looked at a sheet and told me such. If an order is taken in April, it will not be built before an order that was taken in March, etc. So it should be soon for our fellow members with Retail orders!!! :nice:

rk2112 4/6/10 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 5842081)
So I asked my Zone Rep if she has any info for me. I asked about them shipping. The OK To Buy has not been given yet but its going to be any day as she put it (could it be tomorrow as EVO has listed? I don't know. But we'll see. I think by the end of week for sure, in my opinion).

Also, the retail orders will start being scheduled very soon for May production which is why she was here, for our May wholesale. Sooooo, I hope that in a few weeks, to have some VIN numbers for May production for our forum members. I'm only able to do what I can, but she looked at a sheet and told me such. If an order is taken in April, it will not be built before an order that was taken in March, etc. So it should be soon for our fellow members with Retail orders!!! :nice:

Thanks for the news Jeff! :salute:

todd03blown 4/6/10 04:35 PM

Thanks as always for sharing!!

Bigjohns97 4/6/10 04:39 PM

Good to know that putting the order in early does account for something.

05fordgt 4/6/10 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97 (Post 5842095)
Good to know that putting the order in early does account for something.

Pretty much. I asked her specifically about what she said. She said orders that were placed into the banks (not the Retail Order Verification) earlier than others will be built earlier. A February car will be built sooner than an order placed in April. :nice:

At least that's how I took it and how she explained it to me. :nice:

DoctorCsClub 4/6/10 06:02 PM

Glad to see you back Jeff. What I don't understand is that there are people on this board who say they walked in two weeks ago and now all of a sudden they have a VIN with a delivery date of mid-April. How did they get ahead of me who ordered back in early Feb?

Stinger1982 4/6/10 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 5842081)
Hey guys, sorry I have been off the boards the past few days. We are closed on Easter Monday, as we take that as our floating holiday. And Easter Sunday was spent with my girlfriend and her mom for dinner. So I wanted to apologize in advance for not getting back to anyone till today who left me a PM or email. :nice:

I was told by the rep for Metro Detroit I will sched monday or tuesday of next week.

Stinger1982 4/6/10 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by DoctorCsClub (Post 5842171)
Glad to see you back Jeff. What I don't understand is that there are people on this board who say they walked in two weeks ago and now all of a sudden they have a VIN with a delivery date of mid-April. How did they get ahead of me who ordered back in early Feb?

building for retail stock before orders

toolman33 4/6/10 07:03 PM

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the update. Looking forward to hearing something soon!

Skotty 4/6/10 07:08 PM

I've been wondering if everyone who has already gotten scheduled actually are stock orders regardless of what the dealership tells them. And I could see in some cases it being an honest misunderstanding in terminology. Note how Stinger1982 called it "retail stock". So you go in and ask if your order is retail, and they say it is because in their mind retail is retail stock. Would be more likely to get a correct non-misuderstood question/answer by asking if th order is through the ROV process maybe? It's easy to have misunderstandings when the terminology is not common knowledge.

Stinger1982 4/6/10 07:20 PM

Retail order= someone came in and said "I want this car", dealer goes to the computer and places a customer order.

retail stock= dealer orders cars for his lot to sell to anyone, the car is not being built special for a specific customer

jeff s 4/6/10 11:59 PM

I'm still confused by all this retail vs. stock order stuff.

It says "Retail" on my VOC. My name is on the DORA. It says "Retail" on all the screen shots the dealer has sent me of Ford's Vehicle Visibility site, including the one that shows my VIN. But the point is, I have a VIN and the car has a build week scheduled, Apr. 19.

According to those here in the know, I shouldn't have a VIN or a build date yet if this is truely a retail order, correct?

When I first read on here about the Retail Order Verification program and asked my salesguy about it, he said a copy of my driver's license wouldn't help me get the car (ordered Mar. 3, priority 40) any faster. Now that I've asked him about what I time to expect between build date and delivery, he says he can't tell yet because there may or may not be a new product hold at the plant like there is with the new Raptor and SD trucks. This part makes it sound like it's a stock order...

Falchion 4/7/10 07:19 AM

No, your order sounds like a Retail one to me. Mine was and I have a build week of 4/12. Next week! :grin:

Originally Posted by jeff s (Post 5842438)
I'm still confused by all this retail vs. stock order stuff.

It says "Retail" on my VOC. My name is on the DORA. It says "Retail" on all the screen shots the dealer has sent me of Ford's Vehicle Visibility site, including the one that shows my VIN. But the point is, I have a VIN and the car has a build week scheduled, Apr. 19.

According to those here in the know, I shouldn't have a VIN or a build date yet if this is truely a retail order, correct?

When I first read on here about the Retail Order Verification program and asked my salesguy about it, he said a copy of my driver's license wouldn't help me get the car (ordered Mar. 3, priority 40) any faster. Now that I've asked him about what I time to expect between build date and delivery, he says he can't tell yet because there may or may not be a new product hold at the plant like there is with the new Raptor and SD trucks. This part makes it sound like it's a stock order...

Stinger1982 4/7/10 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Falchion (Post 5842494)
No, your order sounds like a Retail one to me. Mine was and I have a build week of 4/12. Next week! :grin:

of course its retail. The other choice is Fleet............
the issuse is if its an order or a stock unit. It will be a non factor in about 1-3 days when the ok to ship takes place and all forms of orders gets sched.

05fordgt 4/7/10 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by DoctorCsClub (Post 5842171)

I wish Ford would do more when it comes to enlightening us (dealers). But their program they instituted is a good one. It helps all dealers get cars built even if they don't have allocation. I've done EVERYTHING I can do get things moving. All cars are approved for Retail Order Verification, and all have low priorities. Just have to now wait the few weeks till they serialize them. I'm going off their word that cars approved in March are for May production, as it says on the Retail Order Verification Program highlights. If its earlier than May, even better. PLEASE FORD GET THE RETAIL ORDERS SCHEDULED!!!!

Overboost 4/7/10 09:14 AM

I had a good talk about this with a salesman at the dealer yesterday. It sounds like the changes are a positive one, and help Ford get their "rolling marketing" in force quickly. Customer paid orders don't impact their stock orders, and they don't get penalized for having more customer orders than another.

That said, I've also heard that their having some issues with the PCM with the new motors/powertrain. It's more of a precaution right now, but we should start seeing shipments take off shortly.

jeff s 4/7/10 11:30 AM

I must be really thick because I still don't get it.

05fordgt Jeff is in touch with this stuff more than anyone but keeps saying his "retail orders" don't even have VINs yet and that "retail orders" (specific customer ordered cars) still aren't being scheduled for production. Why do others have VINs or even cars built already with their names on the window stickers then?

Would they put names on window stickers for "retail stock" orders??? That seems to defy logic... or are some regions/dealers getting the shaft? :dunno:

Stinger1982 4/7/10 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jeff s (Post 5842624)

05fordgt Jeff is in touch with this stuff more than anyone but keeps saying his "retail orders" don't even have VINs yet and that "retail orders" (specific customer ordered cars) still aren't being scheduled for production. Why do others have VINs or even cars built already with their names on the window stickers then?

Would they put names on window stickers for "retail stock" orders??? That seems to defy logic... or are some regions/dealers getting the shaft? :dunno:

BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THE SYSTEM IS SUPPOSED TO WORK.
How others got VIN's both Jeff and I dont know why.

I have asked both our Detroit area rep, a buddy of mine that works in Ford marketing on team mustang and a shift supervisor at AAI what the hell is going on and the offical word from FoMoCo is what I have been putting on the board and i have the the most direct sources for this info on this board.

I only know what is SUPPOSED to happen. Why somethings have gotten out of order I have no ****ing idea.

05fordgt 4/7/10 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by jeff s (Post 5842624)

Hey bud, when I say "retail orders" I mean a car that I ordered for a customer using Ford's own Retail Order Verification program. How some dealers got retail orders scheduled already is beyond me. Personally the only logical reason I have, is they had allocation for a few cars and instead of using the order for a car for stock, or using the Retail Order Program Ford has in place, they just threw in a retail order without the assistance of the program Ford offered to dealers and took their chance, seeing they had an allocation.

That is how I figured they got their orders built with window labels having customer names on them. For me, I have no allocation for cars right now, but by putting in all 6 retail orders I have into Ford's Retail Order Verification System, they will get built, no matter what my allocation says. Ford will build them as soon as they are ready to do it, which is hopefully soon, by Shaun's valuable insight! TRUST ME, He's spot on!! :nice:

And to let you know. When the order banks opened, Ford only wanted V6 Mustangs for stock from us. So we put in 3 V6 units and no GTs were allowed at the start. We still don't have a GT for stock yet, and I personally don't know when I'll be able to get one.

Stinger1982 4/7/10 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 5842674)
Hey bud, when I say "retail orders" I mean a car that I ordered for a customer using Ford's own Retail Order Verification program. How some dealers got retail orders scheduled already is beyond me. Personally the only logical reason I have, is they had allocation for a few cars and instead of using the order for a car for stock, or using the Retail Order Program Ford has in place, they just threw in a retail order without the assistance of the program Ford offered to dealers and took their chance, seeing they had an allocation. That is how I figured they got their orders built with window labels having customer names on them. For me, I have no allocation for cars, but by putting in all 6 retail orders I have into Ford's Retail Order Verification System, they will get built, no matter my allocation. Ford will build them as soon as they are ready to do it, which is hopefully soon, by Shaun's valuable insight! He's spot on!! :nice:

Thanks Jeff!