The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   My absence for the past 12 days (with pics) Must SEE!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/my-absence-past-12-days-pics-must-see-511620/)

05fordgt 7/24/12 06:30 AM

My absence for the past 12 days (with pics) Must SEE!!

3 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, I am back, but with a very interesting backstory. As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been on the boards for over 12 days. The reason for it, was I had a rather serious car accident! And before anyone asks, it wasn't my Mustang, but rather my 2012 Focus SE demo I use for work here. On July 12th, around 8:45 I was on my way to a customer's home, to pick up her new Escape to bring in to get updated inspection stickers. I just sold it to here the previous Friday night. She is elderly and I was just being helpful (like I always am).

Anyhow, I was traveling on the road, about 10 minutes from her house, when a 30 yr old female driving a Toyota SUV (I didn't find out the type) make a left turn in front of me. We were both going through yellow lights, but she thought she could make it. The end result, you can see below, in the pictures my co-worker took. My result, was a severe concussion, and a subdural hematoma (brain bleed). My brain bounced against the front of my skull and started to bleed, hence why I blacked out for a short time and had total temporary short term memory loss.

I was taken to Abington Hospital and kept overnight after 2 CT scans showed the bleed and the fact that is did stop by 4 pm but it didn't allow me to leave, so they kept me overnight for observations. I did leave on July 13th (which is VERY eery as that was the same date I left the hospital last year for the bowel obstruction I had). Per doctors orders, I could not work until the 23rd, and I couldn't drive a car till the Saturday prior to my returning to work.

Right now, I am not 100%. I am suffering from headaches that are not terrible, but are nusence headaches that I need to take tylonol for. I also have ringing in the left year (which I will get checked on Thursday). But overall, I am EXTREMELY lucky that I survived, as you can see from the damage. My airbags DID NOT deploy, as she hit me in the driver's corner. The side bags didn't blow either. Had the did, I know I would have not had a concussion. My head snapped violently due to nothing in its way to help cushion the blow. If they went, I would have walked away and been fine.

But because of the concussion, I don't remember talking to the police and such. But I'm back to work, taking every day one at a time. It could have been ALOT worse, especially if she hit me further back. So that's my story where I have been. I apologize for not replying to any PMs. I will get to them today. Last week, I just couldn't look at a computer screen, without getting a more severe headache. Thanks for everyone who reads this thread and checks out the pics of my totalled Focus. Talk to you all on the boards. :nice:

All the best

Jeff

Mods, could you leave this for a short time, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

codeman94 7/24/12 06:36 AM

Holy smokes! Glad you're ok! Will be praying for your continued recovery

Kobrag 7/24/12 06:39 AM

Best wishes through the whole recovery process, hope everything gets back to 100% fast.

Also whats with the airbags not deploying?!

GreenCars 7/24/12 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kobrag (Post 6403564)
Best wishes through the whole recovery process, hope everything gets back to 100% fast.

Also whats with the airbags not deploying?!

Yes, my question to.. Feel better and glad your ok..

69Mach1-409 7/24/12 07:11 AM

Jesus Jeff! ..glad you're ok bud!

Hope you make a full recovery!

Boomer 7/24/12 07:45 AM

Holy kaka...
Glad you're ok!

David Young 7/24/12 07:46 AM

Sorry to hear about this. I'm wondering about the air bags too..............

Ltngdrvr 7/24/12 08:01 AM

Yeah, I'd have to have a serious discussion with someone at Ford about those airbags, getting hit on the corner or not they should have deployed.

Scothew 7/24/12 08:02 AM

Glad your ok Jeff!

CCTking 7/24/12 08:17 AM

Glad to see you back on the boards! How in sam hell did those airbags not deploy?
Anyway best wishes on your recovery, get well soon

05fordgt 7/24/12 08:21 AM

Hey guys, thank you VERY VERY MUCH for the well wishes!! They really mean ALOT to me!!! I felt really down after the crash and I felt like I may be to blame, but I came around and realized if she didn't make the left, it wouldn't have happened.

As for the airbags? I'd love to know. If they blew, I would have been way better off. It boggles my mind that they didn't blow. The inpact was hard enough to do that much damage, but it wasn't hard enough to trigger 2 of the 5 airbag sensors? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! :(

Rjaniz 7/24/12 08:25 AM

Holy cow, glad you're ok! Hope you feel 100% quickly.

08GTCandyApple 7/24/12 08:39 AM

Sorry to hear this and I'm glad it wasn't worse, Jeff! I hope you are feeling better soon.

jmaStang 7/24/12 08:46 AM

Concussions are terrifying. It is so frustrating to me that no matter how alert and aware I am, some woman in a Toyota SUV can just fly out in front of me and there's nothing I can do about it. Glad you're getting better though man. May the rest of your recovery be smooth, swift, and complete.

askjeffro 7/24/12 09:10 AM

Jeff, I did notice your absence. I'm glad you appear to be coming through it okay, stay safe.

Kabooka 7/24/12 09:22 AM

Man Jeff was wondering. I wish you a speed recovery. Take it easy on yourself during the process. You were missed.

Ltngdrvr 7/24/12 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 6403619)
As for the airbags? I'd love to know. If they blew, I would have been way better off. It boggles my mind that they didn't blow. The inpact was hard enough to do that much damage, but it wasn't hard enough to trigger 2 of the 5 airbag sensors? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! :(

You know that is something the NHTSA would be interested in knowing about too.

I know you work for a Ford dealer and may not be wanting to rock the boat too much but if there is a real airbag issue on those cars then someone needs to investigate.

stang8psi 7/24/12 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr (Post 6403657)
You know that is something the NHTSA would be interested in knowing about too.

I know you work for a Ford dealer and may not be wanting to rock the boat too much but if there is a real airbag issue on those cars then someone needs to investigate.

This!!!!.. I hope your works insurance that is on the vehicles, and since you were at work would be paying for your medical bills also, and not your insurance! no one wants to be the guy who sues!! but you may have a case!

Hope all goes well with all that and your recovery!

Double-EDad 7/24/12 09:54 AM

Glad you are OK man. Take it easy tho.

CCTking 7/24/12 10:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey guys, thank you VERY VERY MUCH for the well wishes!! They really mean ALOT to me!!! I felt really down after the crash and I felt like I may be to blame, but I came around and realized if she didn't make the left, it wouldn't have happened.

I know about feeling down after a crash. When my 02 got totaled the first thing i did after calling the police was sit on the side of the road and cry. Everything hurt so bad. Bruised ribs, bruised knees, concussion, major whiplash, and a couple broken knuckles. Went to the hospital from the scene and got patched up. No physical activity, driving, and put on bedrest for a couple weeks while my ribs and knees healed up. I felt like i was 85 years old after that wreck. At least you werent in your mustang when it happened! Some people just dont know how to drive properly, cuz my guy just blew through a stop sign!

Hope you make a quick recovery!
Heres some pics from my accident...