The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   My 100K Coyote with some service history (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/my-100k-coyote-some-service-history-541410/)

Automatic 5.0 4/12/19 12:13 PM

I have 54,000 on my 2014 and plan on driving it for another 11 years, my planned retirement. I figure by then it will be close to 160,000. I hope it makes it that far without issue. I don't drive it very hard and do regular oil changes and all on it.

The brakes have always squealed either when going slow or hitting the brakes harder if I need to stop. It annoys me but I don't have any plans to do anything about it.

I also get water in the rear quarters in heavy rain driving. I hear it sloshing for a few days depending on how much gets in.

I wish the A6 shifted quicker like a real sports car, probably my only real complaint with the drive train.

I looked at a new Camaro 1SS but the trunk was much smaller. The car was considerably quicker and their automatic shifts like a real sports car, and has paddle shifters. But the trunk and $$$ killed it for me.

Bert 4/12/19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0 (Post 7040439)
. . . The brakes have always squealed either when going slow or hitting the brakes harder if I need to stop. It annoys me but I don't have any plans to do anything about it. . . . .

a new/different set of pads would probably cure that

Dean Martin 1/5/21 01:19 PM

186,000 miles today. Passed state inspection this past summer and got two year tags which may take me to retirement, guestimating ~236K by then, we'll see. Definitely saw reduced miles this past year with about 4 months of work from home and I try to drive my truck once a week to keep it happy.
  • Dealer changed the plugs second time at 180K
  • Dealer did a complete coolant flush at 180K
  • Second (passenger) airbag recall performed
  • Syn oil changes with Mobil 1 filters still at every 10K by me in the driveway
Can't think of a major or even minor repair really. Original clutch, etc etc. Shelling out for a new hood a few years back was the only real non-maintenance expense I've had, and even that was kinda optional/cosmetic.

Rock On.

kylerohde 1/8/21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Martin
186,000 miles today. Passed state inspection this past summer and got two year tags which may take me to retirement, guestimating ~236K by then, we'll see. Definitely saw reduced miles this past year with about 4 months of work from home and I try to drive my truck once a week to keep it happy.
  • Dealer changed the plugs second time at 180K
  • Dealer did a complete coolant flush at 180K
  • Second (passenger) airbag recall performed
  • Syn oil changes with Mobil 1 filters still at every 10K by me in the driveway
Can't think of a major or even minor repair really. Original clutch, etc etc. Shelling out for a new hood a few years back was the only real non-maintenance expense I've had, and even that was kinda optional/cosmetic.

Rock On.

That's awesome. I'm only at 151k - really slowed down the past two years as I've retired the Mustang from DD duty.