2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

mustang production delayed for 3 months???

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/12, 09:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by outtaphase
Correction, I might find the dealership owner and ask him about all this, if they had the car I wanted. He might want to sell cars, you never know.
In my experience (not a pro but have bought a few cars in my day), the BS starts at the top in dealerships. If the owner or GM did not want BS to flow they would never allow the valve to be opened in the 1st place. The O/P should find someone else to buy from.
Old 5/3/12, 10:13 PM
Cobra R Member

This is very odd, according to this article Production is delayed for 5 months!?!?

http://tinyurl.com/3msqgf5
Old 5/3/12, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
This is very odd, according to this article Production is delayed for 5 months!?!?

Really? A Rick roll and it doesn't even work on mobiles.
Old 5/3/12, 10:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Really @ this Thread.
Old 5/3/12, 10:55 PM
V6 Member

I just found out from my dealer that my car is on hold due to side scoops shorage. .
Old 5/4/12, 07:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Really? A Rick roll and it doesn't even work on mobiles.
thanks for the warning!.. i almost opened it
Old 5/13/12, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by the_bottomless_pit
Been working on putting a deal together...after 3 weeks, the salesman just told me that he cant sell me the mustang I want at xplan because there was a fire at the ford motor plant in germany and that production will be stopped for up to 3 months.

I think this is completely bogus and he just doesnt want to sell me the car...

Any help?
I'm curious what dealer this was since I'm in Michigan also and just ordered one. If you can PM me.
Old 5/13/12, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

He is a tool. Buy a car from someone else and then go show it to him. Ask him if he likes it.
Old 5/13/12, 07:58 PM
GTR Member

Please, share the name of the dealer that LIED to you so we can hopefully avoid buying cars from there in the future.

If you need suggestions for a solid dealer in the area, let me know.
Old 5/13/12, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jellowood
I'm curious what dealer this was since I'm in Michigan also and just ordered one. If you can PM me.
Originally Posted by Overboost
Please, share the name of the dealer that LIED to you so we can hopefully avoid buying cars from there in the future.

If you need suggestions for a solid dealer in the area, let me know.
Thanks

Dealer is Ricart Megamall in Groveport, Ohio

To top it off...the salesman had the nerve to message me yesterday that they are now accepting Xplan, presumably because he still hasn't sold the car...I told him that he wasted my time (I cleared my schedule to come buy the car last week and he backed out last minute), so I am not interested any more and now am just going to wait for my order to come in (its getting built tomorrow supposedly)...he doesnt seem to realize that I would've gladly given him my money and he missed out.

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
He is a tool. Buy a car from someone else and then go show it to him. Ask him if he likes it.
I plan on sending him and his manager a picture of my car in a few weeks when I get it...they had the chance to sell me a car, I was 110% all set to buy it, and he backed out...not my problem!
Old 5/14/12, 06:47 AM
GT Member

For you guys in the metro Detroit area looking for Mustangs, I got mine from Suburban Ford in Sterling Heights. I've actually bought several cars from them over the years and have always been pleased. The last time I looked at their inventory about a week ago, they had 8-10 2013 Mustangs in stock. Even if you order, I think they get a good allocation each month so turnaround times should be good. Mine took just over 5 weeks from order to driving away.

If interested send me a PM and I'll give you the name of my salesman.

Just to be clear, I don't gain anything from any transactions that may result in my referral. He's just a good guy and he did a great job for me.
Old 5/14/12, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks

To top it off...the salesman had the nerve to message me yesterday that they are now accepting Xplan, presumably because he still hasn't sold the car...I told him that he wasted my time (I cleared my schedule to come buy the car last week and he backed out last minute), so I am not interested any more and now am just going to wait for my order to come in (its getting built tomorrow supposedly)...he doesnt seem to realize that I would've gladly given him my money and he missed out.

I plan on sending him and his manager a picture of my car in a few weeks when I get it...they had the chance to sell me a car, I was 110% all set to buy it, and he backed out...not my problem!

I pass by that place once or twice a year driving down from Michigan. That place is huge. Too big from the sound of it
Old 5/14/12, 07:51 AM
GTR Member

I ordered mine and purchased it 29 days later from Village Ford in Dearborn. I would also suggest Atchinson Ford in Belleville (I can PM you the salespersons name) or Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor.

I also gain nothing from someone buying a car, but can't stand seeing people led astray by ignorant sales folk.
Old 5/14/12, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I ordered mine and purchased it 29 days later from Village Ford in Dearborn. I would also suggest Atchinson Ford in Belleville (I can PM you the salespersons name) or Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor.

I also gain nothing from someone buying a car, but can't stand seeing people led astray by ignorant sales folk.
I picked up mine '02 GT off the lot from Village and they seemed pretty good. My '13 is ordered from North Bros
Old 5/14/12, 08:02 AM

Cool Driving an MKZ?

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT

Say, I am getting a GT right now for my wife, and noticed you drive a new MKZ....you like it? I am looking at replacing my x-type with the '13 MKZ, I love the retractable glass roof on an all wheel drive car. The drive train is why I am in an x-type now, and really don't think a Taurus or Fusion is a proper replacement for a Jag...thoughts?
Old 5/14/12, 10:19 AM

I hope that this does not affect Mustang production.. I ordered GT Premium on 21 Feb and I don't have any news, no delivery date...

By the way.. Im in México so ordering is not as good as USA, no VIN assign for example.
Old 5/14/12, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Still LMAO...I just received a letter from the dealer I bought my 11 GT/CS from. They wanted to make me an offer for a trade in. How about my car and only $14,500 dollars for a new 2012 Mustang. I went to their site and found only 2, both V6, with a list price of $26,700. Do the math, this loser was offering me $12200 for my pristine '11.

Dealers, they do have a warped sense of humor! Always good for a laugh.
Old 5/14/12, 02:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Still LMAO...I just received a letter from the dealer I bought my 11 GT/CS from. They wanted to make me an offer for a trade in. How about my car and only $14,500 dollars for a new 2012 Mustang. I went to their site and found only 2, both V6, with a list price of $26,700. Do the math, this loser was offering me $12200 for my pristine '11.

Dealers, they do have a warped sense of humor! Always good for a laugh.
I guarantee you you're not the only one who got that offer, and I guarantee you someone will take it. They don't have to find suckers with every email, just enough to justify sending those kinds of things out every so often. It works. If it didn't, they wouldn't use it.
Old 5/14/12, 04:58 PM
GT Member

I loved my dealership. Not just my salesman but everyone was so nice. When I was waiting for him to get out of a meeting one visit a couple other sales guys got me a chair to sit in and offered something to drink. They knew I was waiting for the other guy and was very surprised they didn't just ignore me (I wouldn't have cared if they did) but instead they went out of there way to make the full experience even better. This was Pat Milliken Ford in Redford, MI
Old 5/14/12, 08:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks

+2 on avoiding this dealer.
I bought my 06 GT from them. As soon as the sale was over, I was long forgotten. Didn't need them anyway, as I had no issues with the 06.
I went there last year while looking for a 12 Boss.
10K ADM last year. The senior salesman told me they were 'rock star' cars. Could only stand to listen to him for a few minutes, then had to leave.
Ended up getting my 12 Boss for sticker elsewhere.
Their current offering for a 13 Laguna Seca is 70K & who knows how much for the standard SBY Boss they have.

They are interested in quantity & not quality IMO.

Quick Reply: mustang production delayed for 3 months???