2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Mustang in body shop..rented a Camaro.

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/10, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011GB/CS
WOW! and that is coming from a Chebie guy
That would be an X Chebby guy. I have owned all kinds of GM products through the years thinking they were better than others and its just not the case. They do some things I like but they dont hold up a bit better than anything else. The 80's and 90's were not exactly great for Ford or Chevrolet. Both made some huge mistakes. How could I forget my 80 Olds Cutlass with a 260 cid V8 that made 105 hp? Or my 89 S10 with a 2.5 iron duke that would not idle and was told thats just they way they are.

I didnt mean to hijack this thread but Im done with GM. I will sprint to a Chrysler dealership before I ever darken the door at a Gm dealership again. And I have never owned a Chrysler product in my life. Its hard to take the politics out of it but Im not happy about my tax dollars being handed over to GM. Mean while, Ford is making all the right moves and has the best CEO on the planet imo. Who doesnt like an American icon to have a success story? Ford is pouring the coal to them all.

A friend recently had a 5.4 blow up in his truck. Its a 2005 with about 90K on it. An injector stuck wide open and it hydrolocked the cylinder and bent the connecting rod. I didnt know it but it was a problem that was prone to that year model. Ford put in a new engine free of charge. That would have never happened years ago. Their image and commitment to satisfaction has never been higher since I have been around anyway.

Hyundia is the one to watch. They are the new Toyota. They are making some decent looking cars priced very competitively. I would be temped myself but I try in my everyday life to support American companies and thats not always easy or practical. Everything Gm puts out these days looks dated when it hits the lots. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and very subjective of course. I still have a Gm truck and its falling apart around the motor. Just like the other two I owned. Gm deserves great credit for making durable engines. Its just the rest of the stuff that has driven me crazy over the years. I have no interest in supporting them with a sale because I feel like I already helped with my tax dollars. Its not like they didnt see this coming and they had the same opportunity as Ford to get a loan but were so arrogant they didnt take it.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Old 12/6/10, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Wow. There are a lot of people on here who really hate the Camaro (especially the interior). I test drove one before I drove the Mustang and I really loved the look of the interior. If anything it was the exterior design that I didn't like as much. I found sitting in the Camaro to feel more sporty than the mustang. I found the seats hug you better, you sit lower and the cockpit felt like it was more drive focused. I thought it had plenty of power, but I also felt the gears were too tall which made it seem less fast than it is. In the end, a big reason I bought the Mustang was for practicality. The Camaro sits too low, the side and rear visibility are fairly bad, the doors are too big and overall everything about the car feels big and heavy. I've had my GT for 3 months now and I love it more and more each time I drive it. This vehicle is an absolutely amazing sports car for the price. Best value I've ever seen from a car.
Old 12/6/10, 01:44 PM
GT Member

Where is the v8 rumble? I test drove an SS a couple months ago and was not impressed. No rumble + bad interior layout =camaro.
Old 12/6/10, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fossy207
Wow. There are a lot of people on here who really hate the Camaro (especially the interior). I test drove one before I drove the Mustang and I really loved the look of the interior. If anything it was the exterior design that I didn't like as much. I found sitting in the Camaro to feel more sporty than the mustang. I found the seats hug you better, you sit lower and the cockpit felt like it was more drive focused. I thought it had plenty of power, but I also felt the gears were too tall which made it seem less fast than it is. In the end, a big reason I bought the Mustang was for practicality. The Camaro sits too low, the side and rear visibility are fairly bad, the doors are too big and overall everything about the car feels big and heavy. I've had my GT for 3 months now and I love it more and more each time I drive it. This vehicle is an absolutely amazing sports car for the price. Best value I've ever seen from a car.
I did try out all three muscle cars (Challenger, Camaro, and Stang) before going with the Mustang. I always try to do plenty of research before making any big decision. While personal preferences are different, I felt that the quality of the interior materials, the design and the workmanship was just well below par on the Camaro. I do not want to not like it, but it just is not as nice inside as either the Challenger or the Mustang. The Challenger even has cusioned armrests for the rear passengers. Performance wise, the Challenger feels much more like one of the really big 70's cars that I grew up with, and nothing like what I imagined that a muscle car should be. It is nice, but it does lack driver visibility, and it is not for performance enthusiasts. The Camaro does have better performance than the Challenger, but after just having seen the interior of the Dodge, I really was sad that it was so cheap inside. It would otherwise be a decent deal, but the Mustang just floored me when I test drove it. If the Mustang did not exsist, then I really would have to think if the many drawbacks of the Camaro are worth putting up with for the power. In the Mustang, even the back seats are very well designed and comfortable (except for the extreme lack of leg room). All the small touches just leave the interior of the Camaro in the dust. I am not a stang fanboy, I just like good design. When a car can give me the great design and performance of a foreign car more than twice its price, like the Mustang can, it is easy to become a dedicated fan very quickly.

Just to show my bias, or lack thereof, here is a list of the cars I have owned:

'86 Ford Taurus wagon - it was literally Found On the Road Dead
'85 Mercury Cougar - Blew a head gasket because of a cronic radiator leak that cost too much to be worth fixing

'88 Toyota Celica - caught on fire because the fuel line broke at the wrong time

'89 Toyota Celica - it was a gift from my mom because my other one caught on fire. The transmission went out after the car had well more than 200,000 miles

'02 Mazda Protege - I got this because it was the only sporty yellow station wagon (I need to haul things) that I could find at the time. I needed it quick because of the transmission failure. It still is running well.

'12 Mustang GT on order - I promise not to destroy this car!!

Last edited by Itravelalot; 12/6/10 at 03:03 PM.