Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Awesome stuff Burton!
It's go time bro. lol
Old 5/14/17, 05:32 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

Skrap! What's up bro! Long time. So what are you having Jay do to the boss?
McLeod RXT clutch/flywheel, braided clutch line, MGW shifter. He is barely started with disassembly, I forgot to buy flywheel bolts so I had to order some and have them shipped overnight on Saturday.

I want one of those lights, but the LED's need to be yellow

Last edited by Skrapmetal; 5/14/17 at 05:33 PM.
Old 5/15/17, 08:26 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome stuff Burton!
It's go time bro. lol
Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
McLeod RXT clutch/flywheel, braided clutch line, MGW shifter. He is barely started with disassembly, I forgot to buy flywheel bolts so I had to order some and have them shipped overnight on Saturday.

I want one of those lights, but the LED's need to be yellow
Thanks guys!!!

Skrap - it's a multi colored LED with remote control. It can flash, fade, steady, bright, dim, etc... for any color. Yes, it even has YELLOW.

I frickin' love it. Pardon the mess in my kitchen, but our current house is ALL BOXES. So, I caught myself a few times playing with the dang thing. My kids think it's wayyyyyyyyy coooooool. :thumbs:

Old 5/15/17, 09:41 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
So I have a few updates on the stable!

They finished final painting! 2 coats of Sherwin Williams Network Gray. I think it came out good. Better than the bare look.
Mustang looks pretty happy in it's new digs.
Old 5/15/17, 08:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow bro. So much room! Having Marilyn in there really puts it all in prospective. It's massive lol. I'm fortunate to have a 3 car, but I'm jelly. I really like how the recess in the ceiling goes the full length stopping on each side right were the garage door would be when up.

I'm just curious though. I kinda want to see some inside of the house shots too lol. Good luck with the move! And congrats!

Last edited by typesredline; 5/15/17 at 08:27 PM.
Old 5/16/17, 08:19 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by GoTime
Mustang looks pretty happy in it's new digs.
thanks man! Yes she is pretty happy I think. I caught her blushing the other day.

Originally Posted by typesredline
Wow bro. So much room! Having Marilyn in there really puts it all in prospective. It's massive lol. I'm fortunate to have a 3 car, but I'm jelly. I really like how the recess in the ceiling goes the full length stopping on each side right were the garage door would be when up.

I'm just curious though. I kinda want to see some inside of the house shots too lol. Good luck with the move! And congrats!
Thanks types! I've been wanting a big(ger) garage for a looooong time now. I know that for some people, my garage is still small, in the grand scheme of things. But still, it's big "to me". lol.

The tray ceiling/recess is about 25' long if I remember. Should be plenty of room for a lift and to work around/in it.

Only since you asked (and since this is my thread anyways), here's a couple pics of the inside great room, the theater room, and the wifey's kitchen (still under slight construction). For the theater room, I have a 120" screen and Sony 1080P projector (pseudo 4K), and a Marantz 7.2 receiver all getting installed on Saturday. My front and center speakers are still my older Acoustic Research ones, with an Infinity sub. I will be saving up for a good set in the near future.

Old 5/16/17, 03:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Very nice Burton! Love the kitchen bro.
Can't wait to see the photos after you are all moved in!
Old 5/16/17, 05:45 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Is that a little pantry behind the door in the kitchen?
Old 5/16/17, 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Awesome bro. Looks great. I see the cut outs for the rear speakers and the sides in the ceiling. So I'd assume you have the same for the fronts. Just an idea because I have the same set up. I got towers for the fronts replacing the speakers in the ceiling. And then wired those 2 front ceiling ones for Atmos. Sounds awesome.

Last edited by typesredline; 5/16/17 at 08:32 PM.
Old 5/17/17, 07:55 AM
I Have No Life

Thanks Tony!!! Yeah, wifey and I took our good friends' kitchen design and tweaked it a little bit. It's her (and I have to admit I like it too) her favorite part of the house, obviously.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Is that a little pantry behind the door in the kitchen?
Hey Gary! Thanks bud. Yes sir it is. It's a walk-in pantry. We have never had one, and we figured now is the time to get one. No more leaving small kitchen appliances out on the counter creating a big cluttered mess!!!

Originally Posted by typesredline
Awesome bro. Looks great. I see the cut outs for the rear speakers and the sides in the ceiling. So I'd assume you have the same for the fronts. Just an idea because I have the same set up. I got towers for the fronts replacing the speakers in the ceiling. And then wired those 2 front ceiling ones for Atmos. Sounds awesome.
Hey Types... thanks a lot man. The fronts I actually purposely did NOT purchase/want in-wall speakers. I don't want a perforated screen (have to, if in-wall speakers for sound pass through) and the associated image-degradation. Plus I really want to get NICE $5k pair speakers in the future. So I want to proudly display that
Old 5/17/17, 08:00 AM
I Have No Life

OK... here's the scoop. These are real time updates. Today is the start of MOVING IN DAY.

It's GO TIME.

The sod was put in the other day. Seeding in the far back.

The next images below are of our patio steps we had somewhat custom made to walk out to my patio. I have it nice and wide to accommodate a French Door change coming in the future:

And lastly, this is from 30 minutes ago. It's U HAUL MOVING TIME, baby. Yes, I almost took out 2 mailboxes on the way home. LOL. Those **** 26 footers are bigger than I thought. haha. Should I put a blower on that engine? I think it's a gas V8 only. hehe.

Old 5/17/17, 03:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Moving everything yourself? You're a braver man than I. I gave up on that when I hit 28 or so
Old 5/17/17, 03:39 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Awesome move in day congrats!
Old 5/17/17, 04:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Wow,...that came quick!
Congrats to you and your family. Enjoy!
Old 5/17/17, 10:45 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Looks like a lot of excitement, and work, glad it is you and not me! But all worth it. Very nice there Burton.
Old 5/18/17, 01:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Schedule the epoxy for the garage yet?

The thing with epoxy is it's all about the prep.
Once crap starts accumulating onto the cement surface, the prep needs​ to be super serious.
I can't imagine a better time to put down epoxy than right after the cement was poured when it's pretty much clean already
Old 5/18/17, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Lovin' your kitchen, nice job. When is the house warming party for your Mustang Friends here on the Source.
Old 5/20/17, 10:23 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Old 5/22/17, 02:44 PM
I Have No Life

Hey everyone - so sorry for the short silence. But I was (and still am super exhausted). It's been a tumultuous (but rewarding) last few days. Aside from not having internet for a couple days due to the service being changed/updated, I was also knee deep, literally, in boxes and UHauls and moving papers and closing activities and lots and lots and lots of stress. Moving SUCKS.

Thanks so much for the congrats'es and well wishes. I sure needed it.

Needless to say, we are finally moved in, and here are the things I got done:

- I was able to clear out as much as I could in the main 2 stall. My 2 main vehicles (dailies) are now parked in there. Stuff in garage is not in final location yet. Just moved around enough to park in there.

- All internet, satellite stuff is all done and installed.

- Hooked up all 3 of my garage doors to wifi, to allow control/monitoring on my iPhone or iPads

- Got my theater room installed and completed, including my blinds!

This was during the move in/clean up. My Mustang sign kept me company during that time You can see it all lit up on the side there.

I will be improving my "Shelving" plans sometime soon. I don't like the shelves just strewn out on the left wall like that. Granted there's room, but still. I want to hang or elevate those higher. We'll see.

Next image shows a temporary location for my snow blower, 2 bikes, lawn mower, and shop vac. Look at how much space there is between that and the mustang, including some space on the right side as well. The left side I think I will be placing a long work bench.

Here is a pic of my phone all synced up to my garage doors. I can control them from anywhere, or answer that forever annoying question of "Did I close the garage door?"

Then, some extra side info - re: the house itself.

After the internet was all hooked up, I measured my new speed and I'm stoked. I've never had speeds that high. It will be worth it for all my gaming and work needs

Then my theater room got done... here's some in progress pics:

Then here is my Marantz receiver. God, I love that thing.

And here's the final product... pardon the disarranged furniture and moving stuff. It's still in disarray. But the best part of the whole setup, no wires exposed anywhere. It's all hidden in the back unfinished room... I have an IR repeater for the devices that need LoS (line of sight). For those of you wondering, I did not go with completely blackout blinds - my projector is good/strong enough to display a clear crisp picture with some light. But also, we would be doing 99% of our movie watching at night anyways. I want to be able to block out the sun in the afternoons while having the kids play - and I'm putting in a pool table in there.

Then I watched the Cavs last night - hoping for a win, but they choked

And lastly, my wife would be pissed if I didn't share her kitchen, all cleaned up and stuff put away:

A lot more things to do, but for now, those are the updates. I still need to completely clear out the garage of boxes still. Heck, I even have the basement bedroom boxspring mattress still there.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/23/17 at 07:23 AM.
Old 5/22/17, 03:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

So nice Burton!! Congrats again. What do your boys think of the new digs??
House looks amazing and I LOVE the kitchen!
I thought you had an Infiniti SUV as well?

Quick Reply: Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)