2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

lol at highschool

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/11, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I rode the bus. At least it wasn't the short one.
Old 5/16/11, 03:21 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My parents dropped me off.

If I was bad that week they dropped me off in front of the school.
Old 5/16/11, 03:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Make sure you two kids don't have a collective brain fart and decide to drag race on the street.
Old 5/16/11, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had to work and pay for my first car. A 1971 Torino GT 351C 4V Auto. It cost me $975.00 and had 60000 miles on it. I made up for the lack of speed (even though a 14.08@97 was pretty good for the day) buy being on the cutting edge as far as customizing goes. I had separate tweeters, mids and woofers run through a home speaker crossover. Dark tinted windows. Lowering springs (cut 1 coil out of the front). Leather wrapped Momo steering wheel. Shift kit and driving lights. This was circa 1979!
Attached Images  

Last edited by tacbear; 5/16/11 at 03:59 PM.
Old 5/16/11, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjS89LX
High School is a joke when it comes to kids and cars.... My high school and surrounding high schools ruined any decent car meet except for the few private ones.. ( Anyone in the Spring area of Houston will tell you. )

Just move on and don't worry about it.
Life is so much smoother not worrying about high school drama...

If you're worried about what others say about your car or what other people think of you, you'll never have any money, because you'll always try to impress them.
I live in spring are and the car meets end up in my parking lot at work... It's full of ricers and 1 mustang... It's real annoying when I try to leave work and end up getting block in basically to where it's hard to leave
Old 5/16/11, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had a VW Rabbit diesel with a manual trans in HS. Very likely the slowest car in the whole school (unless someone had the same car with an automatic) as it had all of about 60 hp. A couple of months after I graduated HS, the week I turned 18, I went out and bought my first Mustang, a used bright orange 1981 4.2L V8 Mustang Cobra with t-tops. It looked faster than it was (at least until I swapped in a hotter 5.0L engine), but I remember one day a kid from my old HS who had a 5.0 Mustang stopped on the road in front of my house revving his engine, and he did a burnout to try and goad me into racing him. I didn't take the bait.
Old 5/16/11, 04:18 PM

You have a sweet car, don't lose track of that. I'm a senior (graduate in 8 days) I drove a grabber orange v6 mustang (2008) first mustang at the school, but it's not just high school. Look around on these forums, or go take a drive, anyone that knows anything about mustangs just grins when they realize you have a 6 cylinder and it's pretty annoying. Don't get me wrong, with my mods, kids were jealous but there was always the kids in their preludes and WRXs that would talk all this trash, we're lucky to have a mustang in the first place.

I just got my new 5.0 two weeks ago, first v8 mustang at the school. Now I'm spoiled. But hey, I walk around with a huge grin every time I see someone that gave me crap.
Old 5/16/11, 04:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
I was just happy to have A car in highschool, and it wasn't a brand new Mustang or Camaro.
Hey, I rocked out my 89 Tempo!

Originally Posted by 06GT
Make sure you two kids don't have a collective brain fart and decide to drag race on the street.
Old 5/16/11, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just look at his interior and laugh, it's down right nasty, I mean where did he get that stereo? Walmart?
Old 5/16/11, 04:38 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I walked/rode my bike/was dropped off until about 3 mos before I graduated I bought my own car from working fast food. Mamma paid half
Old 5/16/11, 04:40 PM

I took the bus throughout my years of high school, all while the richer kids were already driving Z's, BMW's, Mercedes', and Range Rovers. Those were all bought brand new by their parents, not some hand-me-down's from daddy.

We have the same car, the only difference is I have the PP. I'm turning 23 in a week, after finally able to purchase a new car last year as opposed to the crapmobiles that I had been accustomed to driving. My point is, be glad that you have now what you have, and I'm sure you are, because I sure would have loved to have my car (or your car) back in high school.

A little off topic - High school, to me, is such a paradox. It's necessary, but so pointless at the same time. Nothing you learn there will translate to real life, especially when all these clowns that go to school are raised in a bubble or something. I bump into old friends sometimes, and they are pathetic. Sure, they're still driving better cars than even what I have now, but they are still stuck in that juvenile mentality, sagging their pants and being obnoxious, holding some crap job only so that their parents will continue giving them allowance. Their only hope is that their parents don't ever go broke, because even by their mid-twenties, they still haven't done a single day of hard work, or understand what it is to actually work for something they want.

The retards you see around you? 90% of them will stay that way for the rest of their lives.
Old 5/16/11, 04:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by theACE
So, some kid at my school just got a 2010 or 2011 Camaro SS. It's black with some kinda gay rims and ugly rear exhaust accents. Apparently this makes my car a total piece of ****, and everyone says I am jealous of it.

LOL, yeah, I like that Camaro, it's pretty nice, but I absolutely LOVE my Mustang, even if it was 100 HP less.

Just posted this on here, for no real reason. High school is so stupid at times.
Sounds like you are getting caught up in the drama.
Old 5/16/11, 05:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Agreed. I drove a 95 Chrysler town and country for a year and a half when I turned 16
OH! The huMANity!
Old 5/16/11, 05:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jjS89LX
That's IT!!
Old 5/16/11, 06:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool

Agreed. I drove a 95 Chrysler town and country for a year and a half when I turned 16
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
OH! The huMANity!
Of course, one of my buddies was relegated to the family Ford wagon in high school.
But back when I was in HS, that meant a 429 big block that could actually get the front wheels off the ground on a high RPM launch.
Yeah OK, I didn't have a fancy car.
I usually drove mommy's little tiny Plymouth Valiant.
With a 318 V8 in it.
Old 5/16/11, 06:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by karman

Of course, one of my buddies was relegated to the family Ford wagon in high school.
But back when I was in HS, that meant a 429 big block that could actually get the front wheels off the ground on a high RPM launch.
Yeah OK, I didn't have a fancy car.
I usually drove mommy's little tiny Plymouth Valiant.
With a 318 V8 in it.
If you haven't heard it. I HIGHLY recommend you finding Jeff Daniel's 'Blue Valient' from the Rose theater album. It'd be worth $.99 to ya I bet. The whole album is good BTW.
Old 5/16/11, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ha.....1945 Ford pickup......bought from my Dad, drove it the last two years of HS.....back in 68-69.....ne drama there....I carried the beer.
Old 5/16/11, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'd take an SS 'mero over a v6 mustang any day of the week, and I can bet most of the kids in your high school feel the same.

That's why I believe he has the hottest car in HS, making his get more attention than yours.
I can honestly say I WOULDN'T take an SS over a V6 Mustang... even my '10 V6. After however many years the new Camaro has been out I still can't get over the look of it. The front looks something close to okay, but the whole car just looks out of proportion to me. After all the hatin' about the new Mustang rear end, it looks miles better than the Camaro IMO.

It's true the Camaro gets more attention... and I think that's why so many 'look at me' types like it. I generally don't think very highly of 'look at me' types. And I can't help but remember the first time I saw one was when I accidentally watched part of the Transformer movie... so whenever one comes by I automatically think 'cartoon car'. And yeah, I know it wasn't a cartoon... but I just thought it was incredibly stupid. I also thought KITT was stupid, but I got over that.
Old 5/16/11, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dude i got an 02 gt i saved up and bought with my own money. I make the payments and evrything and im a senior in high school. First v8 mustang in the parkong lot and my friends were always askon for rides. Then a vette showed up, porsche 911, sick jeeps, and a freakin gt-r! All bought with daddys money tho so i didnt worry bout em. Just be proud of what you got and k ow that those guys will prolly never afford somethin like that on their own(:
Old 5/16/11, 09:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stackel
I live in spring are and the car meets end up in my parking lot at work... It's full of ricers and 1 mustang... It's real annoying when I try to leave work and end up getting block in basically to where it's hard to leave
I went to a few back when 2920 meet behind race track started up, but that was about it. Just had no need or want knowing what was to come of it. Specially when it moved to conns parking lot.

All though there is some good video on youtube of cars jumping curbs at 2920 while acting a tool.

Quick Reply: lol at highschool