The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   lift throttle response and sport steering (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/lift-throttle-response-sport-steering-516488/)

2013kAB 12/8/12 07:16 PM

lift throttle response and sport steering

nevermind.

2013kAB 1/15/13 05:32 PM

ok ready now... not on sport steering though. lift throttle engine response. i've found that some are annoyed by the exact same thing i am. you lift off the throttle and your rpms hang a good 1-2 count then you start slowing due to engine braking.

next i find press releases that the track key for the 302 includes changes to specifically address lift throttle response. i found vague references that tuner-x addresses this but mostly people were referring to throttle response. most of the talk of throttle response seems to center on pressing down on the gas pedal vs letting up so who knows what exactly they meant by "throttle response".

finally, there was one person that worked with a tuner to get a custom tune to address this and he even went so far as to say he hears the little popping or gurgling (small back fires?) when he lifts off the throttle. but he also gets what he considered immediate engine braking.

it looks like mfgs could do this for various reasons including emissions control, burnt fuel vs. unburnt fuel. perhaps even drivability and safety. from what i can tell (and this may be obvious) is that the fuel valve is not immediately closed, but slowly closed.

so now that i'm satisfied that i'm on the right track, what about this? if one were to find a tuner to be able to address this specific issue - lift throttle response - is this a bad thing? would the engine suffer from any lack of fuel available for combustion or would too much unburnt fuel cause an issue for the engine or exhaust?

TheDivaDanielle 1/15/13 08:27 PM

can't say I have any hanging lift throttle/lack of engine braking. Mine pops and gurgles all day long.

#13 1/15/13 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6531617)
can't say I have any hanging lift throttle/lack of engine braking. Mine pops and gurgles all day long.

TWSS

2012BLKV6 1/16/13 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6531617)

Everyones' pops and gurgles. He is talking about immediately after a quick lift off of throttle, there is a delay before the rpms begin falling more quickly. I believe its a feature of the stock tune for emissions. It happens on my car and drives me nuts.

2013kAB 1/16/13 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by 2012BLKV6 (Post 6531816)

Everyones' pops and gurgles. He is talking about immediately after a quick lift off of throttle, there is a delay before the rpms begin falling more quickly. I believe its a feature of the stock tune for emissions. It happens on my car and drives me nuts.

There is hope according to the one fellow i mentioned. :)