2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/17, 08:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
So you're signing papers on my birthday? (the 19th)

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a drain in there?
I see lots of standing water ...
Old 5/13/17, 09:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
So you're signing papers on my birthday? (the 19th)

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a drain in there?
I see lots of standing water ...
LOL - happy bday to you AND to me (for the house).

The drain is in between the main 2 stall garage area. The 3rd stall area is completely flat and level because of the lift area. I did that on purpose so the lift can be installed with no issues, even for a 2 post (if I go 2 post). No washing will occur in the 3rd stall area. If I do, I guess I will just have to squeegee it towards the left.
Old 5/14/17, 12:17 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by kanine
The SVEs are 19x19.5, they only come in 18s and 19s. I have seen people fit 20x10s here in the front though. I couldn't do 20s though, it would be unbearable to drive around here. I like the bigger sidewall with the 275s, the ride is a little more comfortable and smoother over bumps with the bigger sidewall than the stock 255.

I think my next cosmetic mod will be a new chin spoiler, thinking of going with the Boss/GTCS lip.
That's what I get for assuming lol. Anyway I thought for sure you were running 20's when you mentioned they were 275/40's, as there are quite a few of us on here that have ran 275/35/20's on Niche Milan 20x10" wheels with +40mm offset.. As a matter of fact Gabe was one us that did and IIRC Burton who goes by FromZto5 on here still does.. I am surprised however that your SVE 19x9.5's have a +35mm offset which is sort of unusual for a nearly 10" width diameter.. Even the 07-09 GT500's have +45mm offset on their "OEM" 18x9.5 diameter size wheels.. My 20x9.5" Steeda Spyder's also have +45mm offset as well.. But in the end, all that really matters is that your able to run 275/40/19's with no clearance issues.. In the meantime, adding a new chin spoiler with the Boss/GT/CS will look really bad@ss on your car for sure

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I did a test fit today.... I think Marilyn likes her new stable. So much more room. She likey. Next week, it will be permanent.

i also picked up her Welcoming gift from my buddy. This will go right above her parking spot.

Burton, I think Marilyn could also use some company in her new stable as well.. As she looks really lonely in there all by herself

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 5/14/17 at 12:22 AM.
Old 5/14/17, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL - happy bday to you AND to me (for the house).

The drain is in between the main 2 stall garage area. The 3rd stall area is completely flat and level because of the lift area. I did that on purpose so the lift can be installed with no issues, even for a 2 post (if I go 2 post). No washing will occur in the 3rd stall area. If I do, I guess I will just have to squeegee it towards the left.
Thanks Burton, and OK that makes sense

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
That's what I get for assuming lol. Anyway I thought for sure you were running 20's when you mentioned they were 275/40's, as there are quite a few of us on here that have ran 275/35/20's on Niche Milan 20x10" wheels with +40mm offset.. As a matter of fact Gabe was one us that did and IIRC Burton who goes by FromZto5 on here still does.. I am surprised however that your SVE 19x9.5's have a +35mm offset which is sort of unusual for a nearly 10" width diameter.. Even the 07-09 GT500's have +45mm offset on their "OEM" 18x9.5 diameter size wheels.. My 20x9.5" Steeda Spyder's also have +45mm offset as well.. But in the end, all that really matters is that your able to run 275/40/19's with no clearance issues.. In the meantime, adding a new chin spoiler with the Boss/GT/CS will look really bad@ss on your car for sure
I actually really wish that my front SVT 18's were 35mm offset so they'd be a bit more flush. I had a 1/4" spacer on there for a while and it helped bring them out to where they should be, but I still wanted them a bit further out.

My Niche Milans were 20x10 with 40mm offset in the FRONT AND REAR, which worked great for the front (but again I wish the offset was more in the low-30mm range to bring them out a bit), but in the rear with the 305/35/20 drag radials there was a bit of fender contact to the outside of the tire over some bumps. The contact was there when the car was sitting on the Steeda Sport springs .... I ended up replacing the rears with an adjustable-height spring perch set-up from Steeda, so I could lift the back of the car, had to lift it about 1" to get rid of the tire/fender contact.
Ended up selling the wheels and lowering the car back down, now that I'm running the SVT wheels again.
I really wish that Niche offered their Milans in 20x10 with 35mm and 45mm offsets, they would've been a perfect fit front/rear.
Old 5/14/17, 08:19 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
I did a test fit today.... I think Marilyn likes her new stable. So much more room. She likey. Next week, it will be permanent.
Awesome stuff Burton!!
Old 5/14/17, 11:19 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Digging the garage big time Burton. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what are you doing with the floor?
Old 5/14/17, 03:07 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
I actually really wish that my front SVT 18's were 35mm offset so they'd be a bit more flush. I had a 1/4" spacer on there for a while and it helped bring them out to where they should be, but I still wanted them a bit further out.

My Niche Milans were 20x10 with 40mm offset in the FRONT AND REAR, which worked great for the front (but again I wish the offset was more in the low-30mm range to bring them out a bit), but in the rear with the 305/35/20 drag radials there was a bit of fender contact to the outside of the tire over some bumps. The contact was there when the car was sitting on the Steeda Sport springs .... I ended up replacing the rears with an adjustable-height spring perch set-up from Steeda, so I could lift the back of the car, had to lift it about 1" to get rid of the tire/fender contact.
Ended up selling the wheels and lowering the car back down, now that I'm running the SVT wheels again.
I really wish that Niche offered their Milans in 20x10 with 35mm and 45mm offsets, they would've been a perfect fit front/rear.
Wonder why SVT and Steeda went with 45mm offset rather than 35mm, as both have 9.5" width diameters.. If SVE can pull off 35mm offset on their 9.5" sizes then I don't understand why both Steeda and SVT couldn't had done the same.. As for the reason behind Niche not offering 35mm offset on their 20x10" size Milans, is more than likely due to keeping the same offset for both front and rear

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 5/14/17 at 03:08 PM.
Old 5/14/17, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When did you get side pipes?? Looks awesome.
Old 5/14/17, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Finished up 2017's interior upgrades. They have already been track tested in a HPDE @ Autobahn Country Club. Huge improvement over the crappy stock seats.
Old 5/14/17, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, nice huge garage! It's coming out nicely.
Old 5/14/17, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Morning pic on my way to work.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-dsc_0600.jpg  
Old 5/15/17, 10:03 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

Burton, I think Marilyn could also use some company in her new stable as well.. As she looks really lonely in there all by herself
Thanks Rocky!!! Yes, I agree, she is lonely. For now, Quincy, our Infiniti, will keep her company. But I have my eyes on my next toy. USED - but am debating between a Viper, M3 with V8, 67 Shelby cobra, Audi S5 V8 vert, a Termi, or maybe a 13-14 Shelby. All will be STICK shift, of course.

Thanks Burton, and OK that makes sense
Np Gabe. How you liking the new tires?

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome stuff Burton!!
Thanks Tony!!! I owe you a response to your other thread on your GHIG and your Ram!!!

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Digging the garage big time Burton. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what are you doing with the floor?
Thanks Tom!!! How you been bud? The floor - I was going to do epoxy on the floor, but for various reasons I held off on it. Part of it was cost, I'm not gonna lie. I figured for $4k to epoxy, I'd rather spend it on my lift. LOL

Originally Posted by V6 Driver
When did you get side pipes?? Looks awesome.
thanks man! I've had it on for about a year now. Have you seen my thread and pics and update on it?

Here's some vids from my other thread. One thing to note though, I had Corsas back then. I have RTR Flowmasters now. And they sound way better with my combos.

Wow, nice huge garage! It's coming out nicely.
Thanks man!!! I Appreciate it. It's been a long time coming.

Morning pic on my way to work.
looking good. I'm a sucker for blue.
Old 5/15/17, 11:34 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks Tom!!! How you been bud? The floor - I was going to do epoxy on the floor, but for various reasons I held off on it. Part of it was cost, I'm not gonna lie. I figured for $4k to epoxy, I'd rather spend it on my lift. LOL
Doing OK Burton. Got the screaming thigh sweats for an '18 GT 'vert, but that's another story.

As far as the floor, have you considered vinyl tiles? Last winter I did a cosmetic overhaul on my garage and used Weather Tech flooring. I considered epoxy, but the floor was so badly stained that it would have required acid etching before the finish could be applied. The other concern was that it required 3 days cure time and I wasn't about to leave my Mustang outside for several nights. Epoxy is the way to go though.

Granted, my garage is much smaller.....180 square ft of floor space.....and total cost was around $500 including a 2" black beveled border. You can even get perforated tiles to accommodate a drain. It took 4 hours including coffee and smoke breaks.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-sam_4736.jpg  
Old 5/15/17, 02:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Doing OK Burton. Got the screaming thigh sweats for an '18 GT 'vert, but that's another story.
As far as the floor, have you considered vinyl tiles? Last winter I did a cosmetic overhaul on my garage and used Weather Tech flooring. I considered epoxy, but the floor was so badly stained that it would have required acid etching before the finish could be applied. The other concern was that it required 3 days cure time and I wasn't about to leave my Mustang outside for several nights. Epoxy is the way to go though.
Granted, my garage is much smaller.....180 square ft of floor space.....and total cost was around $500 including a 2" black beveled border. You can even get perforated tiles to accommodate a drain. It took 4 hours including coffee and smoke breaks.
That looks awesome Tom!
Glad to hear you are doing well bud.
Old 5/15/17, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts

Finished up 2017's interior upgrades. They have already been track tested in a HPDE @ Autobahn Country Club. Huge improvement over the crappy stock seats.
Very nice. Harnesses and good seats make an enormous difference
Old 5/15/17, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Np Gabe. How you liking the new tires?
Love having traction again
Old 5/16/17, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
A couple shots from my recent track day. I was running my "beater" wheels / tires ('07 GT500 18x9.5's), saving the new lightweight Forgestars with new slicks for the Glen event coming up in a couple weeks. But the event where the below were taken was a blast, excellent track.

Old 5/16/17, 07:29 AM
I Have No Life

A screaming 18 vert!?!?!?! You're not planning on trading your beautiful black beast, are you?

Yes, I considered that as well. I think cost-wise, it will be the same as epoxy...roughly, at least. But, it will be a much easier and cleaner install. The only things that concern me -

a) If the tiles are SOLID (no holes or perforations) - then wouldn't the concrete underneath get all slimy and grimy over time? Esp for water/liquids that seep through the underside of it? I'd think, for me, I'd lay the tile only on the 3rd stall flat portion - front to back. So I'd have exposure on the left side... and since I'll be washing in my garage, that will seep through

b) If the tiles are PERFORATED (holes and perforations) - it would be good for evaporation, or to allow water to fall through, so I could wash cars right on it. But then, what happens if I spill oil? It would not protect at all It'd fall through to the concrete and be a pain to clean out

You see - tile or epoxy, so many pluses and minuses - so I elected to take my time, and do nothing for now. LOL.
Old 5/16/17, 12:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

A screaming 18 vert!?!?!?! You're not planning on trading your beautiful black beast, are you?

Yes, I considered that as well. I think cost-wise, it will be the same as epoxy...roughly, at least. But, it will be a much easier and cleaner install. The only things that concern me -

a) If the tiles are SOLID (no holes or perforations) - then wouldn't the concrete underneath get all slimy and grimy over time? Esp for water/liquids that seep through the underside of it? I'd think, for me, I'd lay the tile only on the 3rd stall flat portion - front to back. So I'd have exposure on the left side... and since I'll be washing in my garage, that will seep through

b) If the tiles are PERFORATED (holes and perforations) - it would be good for evaporation, or to allow water to fall through, so I could wash cars right on it. But then, what happens if I spill oil? It would not protect at all It'd fall through to the concrete and be a pain to clean out

You see - tile or epoxy, so many pluses and minuses - so I elected to take my time, and do nothing for now. LOL.

Do a high quality epoxy, and do it now before you move in all kinds of stuff in there that will have to be moved out when you finally decide to do it.
Imagine how awesome a glossy floor will look, maybe a light silver with black/gray/white sprinkles!!!
Old 5/16/17, 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts

what did you do about the air bag lights?

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY