Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Salisbury Beach, one of the first rides of the year, maybe the first
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (5/12/18)
Old 5/13/18, 06:36 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Thanks Burton, but I think if ever you catch yourself drooling over my car you can just take a ride in yours and let the boost overwhelm the senses

I think red is just the right color for your Wrangler.
Originally Posted by Gabe
It's not too late to order a third Wrangler in THAT color.

Then another couple weeks change your mind again and order another red Sahara since by then the dealership would've sold the red one that's being built now

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Here is a JGC in Granite Crystal to fan the flames of dought.
Originally Posted by Gabe
That's sharp.
Burton, just order one of those instead. Trade in that Infiniti Mallfinder on it

lol you guys. Thanks for the Granite support! A 3rd wrangler indeed! Perhaps for my son? Lol. I do like that GC Jeep! The interior of the new JL though. So delicious.
shaneyusa (5/13/18)
Old 5/13/18, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Day-tripped to Tahoe for my buddy's bachelor party. The roads and scenery were beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-photo571.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-photo442.jpg  
Old 5/13/18, 11:18 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Day-tripped to Tahoe for my buddy's bachelor party. The roads and scenery were beautiful!
Old 5/13/18, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Wow, car and scenery looks amazing. Great photos!
Old 5/13/18, 12:54 PM
Banned

Pat, what exhaust is that? Do you still have your Stainless Works? I love the tips.
Old 5/13/18, 02:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Pat, what exhaust is that? Do you still have your Stainless Works? I love the tips.
Solo Performance cat back. One of two sets they made with quad tips. I've never really been happy with the angle of these tips but I just kinda got over it. Stainless Power longtubes too!
Old 5/15/18, 11:33 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,584 Posts
Pat, how well does the Solo exhaust sound? I've done quite a bit of research on them about their J-pipe system which claims to eliminate all drone. I've also spoken with one of their installers who said they can custom build and install an adjustable J-pipe kit with my current Borla S-type axle back exhaust still in place. Anyhow, if their adjustable J-pipe exhaust systems really eliminate cabin drone as they advertise? Then I'll go ahead and make arrangments in setting up an installation appointment with them
Old 5/15/18, 11:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Pat, how well does the Solo exhaust sound? I've done quite a bit of research on them about their J-pipe system which claims to eliminate all drone. I've also spoken with one of their installers who said they can custom build and install an adjustable J-pipe kit with my current Borla S-type axle back exhaust still in place. Anyhow, if their adjustable J-pipe exhaust systems really eliminate cabin drone as they advertise? Then I'll go ahead and make arrangments in setting up an installation appointment with them
I have zero drone, even with longtubes. Actually with just the catback (with the mid muffler) it was too quiet for me. I added the high flow cats and it was better, but even now I wish it were louder inside the cabin haha! It's almost NASCAR loud from the outside when I get on it though!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfN...Ix2SLmdZO5cbiQ
m05fastbackGT (5/15/18)
Old 5/15/18, 01:16 PM

I have zero drone, even with longtubes. Actually with just the catback (with the mid muffler) it was too quiet for me. I added the high flow cats and it was better, but even now I wish it were louder inside the cabin haha! It's almost NASCAR loud from the outside when I get on it though!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfN...Ix2SLmdZO5cbiQ
So if I understand correctly, you took off the mid-muffler and added high-flow cats with the Solo catback to make it sound better inside the cabin? But if it's still not loud enough, you may want to consider removing the high-flow cats and find out what it sounds like without them and if it ends up becoming too loud inside the cabin? you can always put the high-flow cats right back on

In the meantime, thanks for confirming how well the Solo performance exhaust does indeed produce zero resonance drone as advertised and glad you're pleased with how well they sound. That being said, I'll be making arrangements to get an installation appointment set up
Old 5/15/18, 01:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So if I understand correctly, you took off the mid-muffler and added high-flow cats with the Solo catback to make it sound better inside the cabin? But if it's still not loud enough, you may want to consider removing the high-flow cats and find out what it sounds like without them and if it ends up becoming too loud inside the cabin? you can always put the high-flow cats right back on

In the meantime, thanks for confirming how well the Solo performance exhaust does indeed produce zero resonance drone as advertised and glad you're pleased with how well they sound. That being said, I'll be making arrangements to get an installation appointment set up
No I still have the mid muffler. The mid muffler from Solo has an internal X-pipe inside a packed muffler, and replaced the factory H-pipe. I replaced the factory cats with Solo's high flows which were bolt in. They're now welded to the back of the longtubes so going catless will require a trip to a muffler shop. Solo actually sells an X-pipe that has no muffler around it, so might try that way because that's a bolt in project. But, I've also kinda wanted to go catless so it can spit flames!
m05fastbackGT (5/15/18)
Old 5/15/18, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Certified Pre-Owned 2014 Pony

Last edited by Jnet0201; 5/15/18 at 05:32 PM.
m05fastbackGT (5/15/18)
Old 5/15/18, 07:53 PM
Banned

Pat, Rocky,

I've been listening to the Solo exhaust clips since Pat mentioned them, and I've never wanted to replace my GT500s more than I do now. Love the pop and crackle and the deep tone.

Rocky, are you getting the Solos, or adding J-Pipe to your current setup?
m05fastbackGT (5/15/18)
Old 5/15/18, 07:54 PM
Banned

Jnet, welcome to the forum. Sweet looking SGM
Old 5/15/18, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jnet, welcome to the forum. Sweet looking SGM
Thanks you, had it about a month. Gonna do a couple of mods down the road, but enjoying her just the way she is right now.
Old 5/15/18, 08:58 PM

No I still have the mid muffler. The mid muffler from Solo has an internal X-pipe inside a packed muffler, and replaced the factory H-pipe. I replaced the factory cats with Solo's high flows which were bolt in. They're now welded to the back of the longtubes so going catless will require a trip to a muffler shop. Solo actually sells an X-pipe that has no muffler around it, so might try that way because that's a bolt in project. But, I've also kinda wanted to go catless so it can spit flames!
Oh okay, I got you now Pat lol. I just wasn't sure if you deleted the stock cats before upgrading to the Solo exhaust setup or not? So being as the Solo mid-muffler is also an internal X-pipe inside a packed muffler, I assumed that maybe it was making the exhaust sound too quiet inside the cabin? But now I fully understand that it was the stock cats instead. Anyway, I would definitely try going with the Solo X-pipe that has no internal muffler first and see if that helps open things up in the sound department before having your high-flow cats cut off by a muffler shop. However, If that doesn't help enough? only then would I switch back to the mid-muffler internal X with no cats at all

Pat, Rocky,

I've been listening to the Solo exhaust clips since Pat mentioned them, and I've never wanted to replace my GT500s more than I do now. Love the pop and crackle and the deep tone.

Rocky, are you getting the Solos, or adding J-Pipe to your current setup?
I'm really surprised Marty that you would even consider replacing your FR500S's knowing their reputation for producing virtually zero interior resonance drone? As for the Solo performance exhaust, I've been really interested in their adjustable J-pipe resonator design for quite some time now. There was also another thread that someone posted last year about the Solo's, but I forgot the thread name. Anyhow after reading over the thread posts last year, I called Solo performance to inquire if they could fabricate a pair of adjustable J-pipes to add to my current setup? During my conversation, I made certain they were fully aware that I have no intentions of getting rid of my Borla S-type axle backs, as they produce the deep and throaty sound I'd been searching for, however, the only thing I can't stand about them is that dreaded interior resonance drone. Unfortunately, Solo performance does not offer a complete exhaust kit for the 2005-09 3v cars in 2.5" diameter size pipe and it would more than likely be too expensive in having them fabricate an entire custom exhaust system for my "06" GT.

So they did tell me they could custom fabricate and weld-in a pair of adjustable J-pipes to my current Borla setup for under $275.00. Needless to say, now that it's finally warm enough to make the trip up to Solo Performance in Buffalo, NY, I can go ahead and make arrangments to set up an installation appointment, hopefully by sometime next month or in early July at the very latest

Originally Posted by Jnet0201

Thanks you, had it about a month. Gonna do a couple of mods down the road, but enjoying her just the way she is right now.
Congrats and welcome to TMS

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 5/16/18 at 02:12 PM.
Old 5/16/18, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I went from muffler deletes with everything else stock (horrible drone and disgusting sound IMO, but loud), to Solo Mach X catback, to Solo Mach X catback + Solo high flow cats, to Stainless Power LTs + Solo Mach X catback + Solo high flow cats.
Old 5/16/18, 07:09 PM

Pat, before the Solo Mach X catback and high-flow cats, did you ever try any of the mid-muffler/resonator exhaust systems, like from Pypes, Roush, and Dynomax? Supposedly they've been known for getting rid of that annoying resonance drone as well
Old 5/16/18, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Pat, before the Solo Mach X catback and high-flow cats, did you ever try any of the mid-muffler/resonator exhaust systems, like from Pypes, Roush, and Dynomax? Supposedly they've been known for getting rid of that annoying resonance drone as well
Nah I went straight for Solo. I worked with them and another guy on here from Toronto on the quad tips, but they didn't end up making them an option. We have the only 2 sets with their quads, which like I said, they never got the tip staggering perfect to me. Corsa tips look the best to me, but I'm too proud to put Corsa tips on when I don't have any other Corsa stuff!

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY