2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Kona Blue- what interior to get??

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/10, 08:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kona Blue- what interior to get??

Chime in all Kona Blue and Future Kona Blue Metallic Owners!

I am on the fence right now, but leaning towards the 400a interior! Why?

Well. For one, the Black with Grabber 401a interior is nice. However, Grabber Blue Stripe down the Seat seems to Clash with the Kona Blue exterior. How do I know, you ask me? Well, I seen one in person just recently and that Grabber Blue Stripe going down the seat doesn't fit with that Dark Blue Nice Painted Exterior.

I like the rest of the 401a package though! I love the Pony door Inserts- and the Aluminum Shiftknob. And the Darker Aluminum Front dash Panels are nice too. However, though I will say that it is really hot here in Florida, and I went to grab an Aluminum Shifknob and it was like grabbing a Hot Iron! HOT!! Need to run the a/c on it when car has been sitting in hot summer sun...

The Black with Cashmere stripe was also a possible option too. However, I don't really think it matches at all!! It goes with an all Black or White Exterior, Period! Some people I see have done the Black and Cashmere on the Race Red, and I guess, that's not so bad...

I'm back to the 400a I guess. Black interior only. I can probably have the shift **** changed out later. I may even get a black one similar to the Roush Shifter- which would be really nice!

tell me what ya think fellas!
Old 5/5/10, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

saddle interior looks good in about anycolor
Old 5/5/10, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ipodintampa
Chime in all Kona Blue and Future Kona Blue Metallic Owners!

I am on the fence right now, but leaning towards the 400a interior! Why?

Well. For one, the Black with Grabber 401a interior is nice. However, Grabber Blue Stripe down the Seat seems to Clash with the Kona Blue exterior. How do I know, you ask me? Well, I seen one in person just recently and that Grabber Blue Stripe going down the seat doesn't fit with that Dark Blue Nice Painted Exterior.

I like the rest of the 401a package though! I love the Pony door Inserts- and the Aluminum Shiftknob. And the Darker Aluminum Front dash Panels are nice too. However, though I will say that it is really hot here in Florida, and I went to grab an Aluminum Shifknob and it was like grabbing a Hot Iron! HOT!! Need to run the a/c on it when car has been sitting in hot summer sun...

The Black with Cashmere stripe was also a possible option too. However, I don't really think it matches at all!! It goes with an all Black or White Exterior, Period! Some people I see have done the Black and Cashmere on the Race Red, and I guess, that's not so bad...

I'm back to the 400a I guess. Black interior only. I can probably have the shift **** changed out later. I may even get a black one similar to the Roush Shifter- which would be really nice!

tell me what ya think fellas!
Remember that the main difference is that the basic leather is perforated, so if you tend to get a little sweaty in the FL sun you will definitely appreciate that! The upgraded leather is similar to what was in my last Stang - no perforated = sweaty a*s & back...NOT FUN
Old 5/5/10, 08:54 PM
GT Member

blue exterior, black interior w/ white stripes on the seats and exterior... that will be my next Mustang and it will be a GT500 to go along with my Grabber orange 2K8 GT.
Old 5/5/10, 09:03 PM
GT Member

I got 400A Kona with stone leather...I liked the combo personally

The only thing I'd want from 401A would be the shift ****...But it's a moot point since switching out the shifter will probably be my first mod and I'll probably get a white Ford Racing ball
Old 5/5/10, 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Brick Red.
Old 5/5/10, 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's 2 nice pics that helped me decide ...

Kona w/ Dark Charcoal
Kona w/ Saddle

Also saw Kona w/ Saddle in person (once at night / once in morning) and I was still on the fence, but ultimately decided against it.

I think Saddle looks best w/ Black, Red, or White.

Doug
Attached Thumbnails Kona Blue- what interior to get??-2010-charcoal-int-kona.jpg   Kona Blue- what interior to get??-2010-saddle-int-kona.jpg  
Old 5/5/10, 09:41 PM

I ordered the Saddle. Had lots of black interiors, thought it was time for a change.
Old 5/5/10, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

i faced a similiar choice last summer, i choose the 400a with black over the 401a. first i thought the grabber stripes really clashed with kona. i was considering the white but i personally do not like the bullet shift **** from the 401a package.
Old 5/5/10, 10:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
saddle
Old 5/5/10, 11:25 PM
eci
Banned

Saddle is nasty, especially on blue. It may work on black, that's about it.
Old 5/5/10, 11:37 PM
GTR Member

I think that the saddle interior looks real good in a Kona car, I think the stone looks good in leather also, and it brightens up the interior some. I really think the 401A charcoal seats with the stripe down the middle looks odd.

Grabber blue car looks really good with the stone leather too.

Saddle with Kona Blue does look good though and there won't be a ton of other cars out there like it.
Old 5/6/10, 12:19 AM
Cobra R Member

what kinda look you going for?
Old 5/6/10, 03:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I think that the saddle interior looks real good in a Kona car, I think the stone looks good in leather also, and it brightens up the interior some. I really think the 401A charcoal seats with the stripe down the middle looks odd.

Grabber blue car looks really good with the stone leather too.

Saddle with Kona Blue does look good though and there won't be a ton of other cars out there like it.
I think the saddle goes good with the exterior color and looks amazing... until you throw all the black from the rest of the interior in. Then it doesn't seem to go so much. For that reason, I think I'd go with stone over saddle. The black wouldn't 'clash' as much.
Old 5/6/10, 05:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have Kona Blue with black leather. Love it.
Old 5/6/10, 05:51 AM
Cobra R Member

I bought the stone leather. Lighter = less heat absorbed plus I'm a Cowboys fan and, well, that combo just looks about perfect. Black leather just gets too hot. It looks nice and is easy to "appear" clean though.
Old 5/6/10, 05:54 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

cloth!

uh, maybe not, the cloth car doesn't really come w/ much... every time i configure a kona car, i put in the saddle interior--i think it looks great on the kona
Old 5/6/10, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered Kona with Saddle. I'm planning on replacing the shift **** with a custom one from Grabber Pony, if they ever start making ones for the new six-speed.
Old 5/6/10, 09:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Kona w/ Dark Charcoal

Saddle does look pretty good though.
Old 5/6/10, 11:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've seen saddle with Kona ... didn't care for it ... made the kona look very purple. I do however want Saddle in my Sunset Gold ... which Ford did not offer. Need to find someone to trade with!

Quick Reply: Kona Blue- what interior to get??