The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Just off the Truck!!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/just-off-truck-482680/)

IT_Guru 4/30/10 09:55 AM

Just off the Truck!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Pics from my dealer, be done there as soon as I can get out of work.

I can tell its been sitting in a lot for a month. First thing is a bath!

corvettedreamin 4/30/10 09:57 AM

SWEET!

super6stang 4/30/10 09:59 AM

Is that your car or do you work for the dealer?

John GT 4/30/10 10:00 AM

Congratulations!

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 10:00 AM

What's up with the :mad:? I'd be like :spaz:.

markski74 4/30/10 10:00 AM

hmmmm...

don't see my car on that truck :mad:

Congrats!

super6stang 4/30/10 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by super6stang (Post 5857539)
Is that your car or do you work?

Is that your car?

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 10:01 AM

NVM.

Old Shadow 4/30/10 10:03 AM

Congrats! Ordered mine 1 April, just called the 800 number and still no word. :doh:

DontShoot 4/30/10 10:06 AM

Cool thing about the guys I work for/with... I think they realize I will be leaving early the day my car arrives. Might come back in time to catch them on the way out of the building.

Radiohead 4/30/10 10:08 AM

Yeah, you should be the happiest person on the boards today! I would be counting the seconds until work was over. Enjoy and let us know everything about it!

2011 Fastback 4/30/10 10:09 AM

Congrats

Congrats!!:metal:

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 10:12 AM

I wished I still lived in Ohio because I'd have mine by now. Instead I'm still waiting for a train to make it's way to Dallas...

IT_Guru 4/30/10 10:16 AM

Yep my car, dealer just sent me the pics to tease me. They are doing fluid checks now and then I'm off to sign the paper work.

I have no idea how the angry face got in the title.

I'll try to get some vids up this weekend.

Twin Turbo 4/30/10 10:18 AM

With the volcanic ash that made it's way over the UK last weekend, my daily driver was that dusty after one rain shower.....and I'd only washed it the day before!

I agree, you should be like a kid at Christmas. I know I would be. Congrats on the new car and, if it's your first black one, you'll be washing it a lot ;)

In all seriousness though, I do hope the dealership jetwash your car rather than slapping a soapy sponge over it. Otherwise you'll have minute scratches and swirls from day 1 :(

treygil 4/30/10 10:18 AM

IT_Guru, congrats man!
I'm sure the dealer will do a quick detail on it for you, so I wouldn't worry!
Enjoy! And I am sure you are glad to finally see this day come!
Also, was that the salesguy taking pics for you? If so, he really did hook you up with a nice gesture...

super6stang 4/30/10 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857566)
Yep my car, dealer just sent me the pics to tease me. They are doing fluid checks now and then I'm off to sign the paper work.

Yea, I was wondering how you got to the dealer before they even unloaded the cars, awesome Salesman. I do spot a Black Gt/Cs on the truck as well, the state of California should have at least received the first Gt/Cs's but that has nothing to do with the fact I live there.

ENJOY THAT 5.0!!!!!!!!

Nihl 4/30/10 10:24 AM

Congrats!!

AusTXMCA 4/30/10 10:24 AM

CONGRATS!!!!! :woohoo:

Automagically 4/30/10 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 (Post 5857557)
I wished I still lived in Ohio because I'd have mine by now. Instead I'm still waiting for a train to make it's way to Dallas...

I'm thinking about running by Prestige Ford on Sunday. Ford's wesite says they have a black GT Auto on the lot. Probably not true, but while no salesmen are around I thought I'd take a peek.

Gongrats to you IT Guru!!

corvettedreamin 4/30/10 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by treygil (Post 5857569)
IT_Guru, congrats man!
Also, was that the salesguy taking pics for you? If so, he really did hook you up with a nice gesture...

:agree:

Mine will probably send me an email saying, "Your car is here. come and get it." 2 days after it comes in.

IT_Guru 4/30/10 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by treygil (Post 5857569)
IT_Guru, congrats man!

Been dealing straight with the owner, he a Mustang Fan. He is actaully getting the number 1 SMS 460X there next week.

http://campbellsaleen.com/SMS-Steve-Saleen.html

Original salesmen left something to be desired, but he quit and I just went straight to the top.

I'm leaving work now. I consider myself one luck SOB to have a boss thats letting me go early.

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Automagically (Post 5857577)
I'm thinking about running by Prestige Ford on Sunday. Ford's wesite says they have a black GT Auto on the lot. Probably not true, but while no salesmen are around I thought I'd take a peek.

I think they're closed on Sunday but let me know what you find. I saw all of the 2011s they have listed on their site but I just can't believe that it's completely accurate.

coffeejolts 4/30/10 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 (Post 5857557)

Go back in February and see if you still feel that way ;). NE Ohio native here.

todd03blown 4/30/10 10:38 AM

awesome man!! No better feeling than getting a call that your brand new custom order car has arrived!! Enjoy!

Falchion 4/30/10 10:41 AM

Congrats! :)

It looks like they were carefull taking it off the truck, so that's good......;)

I wonder it the red one above your in the first pic is mine? Hmmm.......:confused:

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857566)

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by coffeejolts (Post 5857590)
Go back in February and see if you still feel that way ;). NE Ohio native here.

Yeah, I know what you mean there. I grew up in Cincinnati. At least in Dallas it rains a lot less so it should be easier to keep the black clean(er). All I really need here is a California duster.

stangfoeva 4/30/10 10:50 AM

Congrats!! Man seeing those 5.0s roll off the truck really gets the juices flowin!

treygil 4/30/10 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857580)
I'm leaving work now. I consider myself one luck SOB to have a boss thats letting me go early.

Dude, what a great weekend you have lined up. Starts at lunchtime on Friday and means you get days with your new car. You know, we all expect a report whenever you get back on-line!

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857580)

Pics and impressions ASAP! Enjoy!

coffeejolts 4/30/10 11:34 AM

Here, here! Let us know how you like it.

mustangfan123 4/30/10 11:36 AM

Sweet!!! I can't wait to hear how much you like it after you drive it. Did anyone notice the Kona Blue GT/CS on the car carrier in that first pic? :jaw: They weren't supposed to come in that color. Wait, I think it might be black. :(

Overboost 4/30/10 11:39 AM

Glad to hear you finally got yours, go enjoy it and have a fun weekend with it!

jeff s 4/30/10 11:40 AM

Please do give driving impressions. Looks like yours is the first "general public" delivery of a 5.0 (on TMS anyway). Some real world, non-magazine type feedback would be appreciated. Lucky dawg!

RedCandy5.0 4/30/10 11:49 AM

Yea your not trying to sell us anything.

IT_Guru 4/30/10 12:14 PM

Just got home, don't have it yet, they are detailing it and finishing up paper work.

But I did get to start it and hear it at idle. Is quieter than I would like, but a nice mellow tone. didn't get to rev it at all, fluid checks not done yet.

I'll put more info up tonight - may be late, gonna be out all night driving!!!!

todd03blown 4/30/10 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857684)
Just got home, don't have it yet, they are detailing it and finishing up paper work.

But I did get to start it and hear it at idle. Is quieter than I would like, but a nice mellow tone. didn't get to rev it at all, fluid checks not done yet.

ROCK ON!!! Great news!!

fdjizm 4/30/10 12:20 PM

Is that nicholas cage driving your car off the truck!?

kierankelly 4/30/10 12:25 PM

Mine had a delivery date of today, but I haven't heard anything. Hopefully the dealer will have some info for me at some point today when I call.

Looking at those pics makes me extremely jealous. Can't wait to get mine.

CHPMustang 4/30/10 12:26 PM

Big congrats on your car and also on the ability to have those shots of it coming off the truck. Priceless! :nice:

With help I received from this forum, I was able to track the '08 Mustang I ordered through the factory and on the UP rail car all the way from Flat Rock to CA. I then kept in touch with the dealer so I could meet the delivery truck there for the final offloading....everyone should try to do this for their cars.

http://images33.fotki.com/v1115/phot...1010538-vi.jpg

http://images35.fotki.com/v1153/phot...1010540-vi.jpg

http://images33.fotki.com/v1119/phot...1010545-vi.jpg

sanitycheck 4/30/10 12:29 PM

Congrats! Post more pics. :)

CHPMustang 4/30/10 12:30 PM

I wonder if the '11s exhaust note will get louder and richer as was the experience with the '08/'09 Bullitts? Mine sounded much better after a few thousand miles were on the clock so get it out and drive!

pegasusphototx 4/30/10 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 (Post 5857598)
Yeah, I know what you mean there. I grew up in Cincinnati. At least in Dallas it rains a lot less so it should be easier to keep the black clean(er). All I really need here is a California duster.

I live in Dallas and have a black 06... it's not easy even in Dallas. Good luck though!

-danny

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx (Post 5857719)
I live in Dallas and have a black 06... it's not easy even in Dallas. Good luck though!

-danny

Well, maybe the California Duster and some quick detailer. On the other hand, I enjoy cleaning on my cars (when it's not 105 outside).

Skotty 4/30/10 12:40 PM

But I did get to start it and hear it at idle. Is quieter than I would like, but a nice mellow tone.

That's good news to me. I like a beastly car that can still be civil.

pegasusphototx 4/30/10 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 (Post 5857723)
Well, maybe the California Duster and some quick detailer. On the other hand, I enjoy cleaning on my cars (when it's not 105 outside).

I hear ya!

If you take delivery on 5/6 you should bring it to the North Texas Mustang Club Cruise In on Saturday 5/8 to show it off.

NTMC Cruise NightWhenSaturday, May 8, 2010
Where889 South Stemmons Freeway (I-35E), Lewisville, TX. (map)
DescriptionCracker Barrel Lewisville at I-35E and Fox Ave. Entry Fee $10.00 Registration begins at 5 PM. http://www.ntmc.org/

I'd love to see the new V6.

-danny

IT_Guru 4/30/10 12:47 PM

I'm also starting to think I really need to thank them for switching my order to a stock order, seemed it worked out well.

These last couple of hours waiting for them to detail and paperwork are KILLING ME!!

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 12:50 PM

I definitely will if I have it by then. I'm in the West Frisco/Little Elm area so that's not too far away.

Treadhead 4/30/10 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 (Post 5857598)

How long have you lived in Texas? My Cali Duster melted! :devil:

Congrats man! They would have to kick me out of that place if I knew my car was there! :metal:

fritzOSU03 4/30/10 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Treadhead (Post 5857781)
How long have you lived in Texas? My Cali Duster melted! :devil:

I've been here nearly four years. It melted? Seriously?

2007 GT/CS 4/30/10 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857744)
I'm also starting to think I really need to thank them for switching my order to a stock order, seemed it worked out well.

These last couple of hours waiting for them to detail and paperwork are KILLING ME!!

Grats baby! I know it's been a longgggg wait.

Question: I know you (like some of the rest of us) watched your ETA date come and go and then go no further updates for a while. Did you get any change in status when your car was scheduled for transport and/or on the truck?

montreal ponies 4/30/10 04:56 PM

See all that waiting and whinning finally paid off. Nice car, congrats . :p :nice:

orange3.9stang 4/30/10 04:57 PM

Congrats as you will probably be the 1st TMS member to get your 2011 GT !!

Did your car ride the rails to Chicago then switch to a truck ??
or
Being that close to Flat Rock, did it just come by truck ??

Just curious !!

Kahdir 4/30/10 05:04 PM

Congrats! :nice:

cdynaco 4/30/10 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857744)

Heard that! My processing took 4 freakin' hours! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And I ordered through them and had put money down. Its not like they didn't know me.

I just wanted to drive away!

Adam 4/30/10 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 5857951)
Heard that! My processing took 4 freakin' hours! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And I ordered through them and had put money down. Its not like they didn't know me.

I just wanted to drive away!

Took me less than one hour start to finish.

corvettedreamin 4/30/10 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Adam2004 (Post 5857953)
Took me less than one hour start to finish.

I find the closer you go in to closing time the more of a sense of urgency they have to get your work done. :) The finance person runs things through and the add-ons person doesn't care that you don't want the paint sealant and fabric protection.

IT_Guru 4/30/10 05:47 PM

First impressions:

Very fast, Auto transmission is pretty responsive. Fun, very fun. I'll put up some detailed opinions, but for now its off to play again.

Needs a louder exhaust for sure though, that will be the first mod for me.

todd03blown 4/30/10 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857979)
First impressions:

Very fast, Auto transmission is pretty responsive. Fun, very fun. I'll put up some detailed opinions, but for now its off to play again.

Nice!! Keep enjoying :)

Adam 4/30/10 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5857979)
First impressions:

I thought you got a MT? Guess not, oh well.

coffeejolts 4/30/10 06:50 PM

Man! I am sooo jealous right now. I'm glad you like the new ride. I'm surprised you thought the exhaust was too quiet, after all of the hype about the resonator and all. Is it too quiet all the time, or only too quiet when cruising?

montreal ponies 4/30/10 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by coffeejolts (Post 5858043)
Man! I am sooo jealous right now. I'm glad you like the new ride. I'm surprised you thought the exhaust was too quiet, after all of the hype about the resonator and all. Is it too quiet all the time, or only too quiet when cruising?

I'm curious to know as well. It will be too quiet for me i'm sure . I'm used to a lompy big Comp mechanical cam in my ex '69 Mach1. This thing would just turn heads with sound alone. I'm getting nostalgic again......:dunno:

Ltngdrvr 4/30/10 07:46 PM

Where's the pics???

:pics:

iBookmaster 4/30/10 09:37 PM

I'm interested in how much quieter the ride is cruising. Ford was supposed to add extra sound deadening material. Also, how much smoother is the ride? I know it has more power, that's a given. I'm more interested in how much nicer the overall riding experience is. My Mustang is a daily driver. I want a smooth ride, not a tank.

IT_Guru 4/30/10 09:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
:metal:Pics and my first day impressions.

First, exhaust definitely could be louder at idle. Wide open pretty loud, but I wouldn't mind more. But that said the exhaust note is great, mellow, not poppy and pretty smooth.

Handles good, better than I figured the EPAS would. Sport mode will let you have enough fun for most of the time. It will still get pretty sideways on full on throttle around corners even with the traction control fully on.

Just from the butt dyno it seems to get the best launches with sports mode on, power brake till about 2000 RPM and then GO!

I decided to break it in a little before taking it to the 1/4 mile. There is a pretty strong smell of all the oil and sealants on the metal burning off, pretty sure its normal though.

It's way faster than my Audi A4, but thats not saying much. Going from AWD to RWD is taking some getting used to.

It definitely does drive like a smaller car than it looks, very fun through the corners. Barely any body roll, feel nice and tight.

The Automatic does a pretty good job, but obviously if you want maximum fun factor - get the stick. You can "shift" the automatic manually and have fun, but that first gear is short - bounced the red line a few time.

All in all, an excellent buy and I put about 125 miles on it so far today. Couldn't be happier with it.

IT_Guru 4/30/10 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by iBookmaster (Post 5858174)
I'm interested in how much quieter the ride is cruising. Ford was supposed to add extra sound deadening material. Also, how much smoother is the ride? I know it has more power, that's a given. I'm more interested in how much nicer the overall riding experience is. My Mustang is a daily driver. I want a smooth ride, not a tank.

Rides smooth, firm but smooth. Pretty quiet at highway speeds. Oh and the Auto runs about 2000 RPM at 70ish.

Mines a daily driver and its comfortable enough.

todd03blown 4/30/10 10:15 PM

Congrats man!! glad you are enjoying it!!

laserred38 4/30/10 10:43 PM

Sounds good man. Seems like you're the first GT guy on here...congrats!

Rjaniz 4/30/10 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5858178)
Rides smooth, firm but smooth. Pretty quiet at highway speeds. Oh and the Auto runs about 2000 RPM at 70ish.

Interesting. My 08 is the same. I would've figured it'd be lower with a six speed and more HP.

stang7300 4/30/10 10:56 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated with the new ride. Great to hear some first hand experience from a regular guy like us. :cheers:

Ltngdrvr 4/30/10 11:25 PM

Looks really good, I'm envious...

hawkeye18 5/1/10 02:35 AM

Maybe not the first GT owner, but certainly perhaps the first private GT owner (Evolution has had theirs for a few days now).

Sounds great! Only 9 more months 'til I get mine... *sigh* I think I'll at least get the award for "longest time between order and delivery"! (13 months!)

magnatic 5/1/10 04:53 AM

Congratulations on your car. It looks great in black.
Mine was built April 5th and I'm only 4.5 hours away from the plant, but the border crossing seems to slow down the process and I'm still "awaiting shipping".

Enjoy your ride!

iBookmaster 5/1/10 06:08 AM

Thanks. Do the blind spot mirrors seem useful? What kind of tires come with the 2011? You've got 10,000 miles to go before you change 10 quarts of oil.

assasinator 5/1/10 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by iBookmaster (Post 5858291)
Thanks. Do the blind spot mirrors seem useful? What kind of tires come with the 2011? You've got 10,000 miles to go before you change 10 quarts of oil.

1500 miles then royal purple for me.

todd03blown 5/1/10 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by assasinator (Post 5858313)

+1!!

Ltngdrvr 5/1/10 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by assasinator (Post 5858313)

The Royal Purple headquarters and plant is very close to me and I used to be a big fan but they are just too over-priced.

I switched to Mobil 1, you can get 5 quart jugs for $22 at walmart. That price just makes the Royal Purple not make any sense to use, costs almost twice as much as the Mobil 1.

So, two jugs of Mobil 1 and a motorcraft filter and you can do a complete synthetic oil change on your new 5.0 for about $50, can't beat that.

iBookmaster 5/1/10 10:01 AM

Motorcraft Synthetic Blend usually costs around $2.40 per quart multiplied by 10 quarts costs $24.00. By contrast Mobil 1 usually costs around $4 per quart multiplied by 10 quarts costs $40.00. Royal Purple is even higher than that. I'm keeping Motorcraft in my 2008 GT/CS. Good enough.

Ltngdrvr 5/1/10 10:13 AM

I was thinking the same as some others, that it took 10 qts in a 5.0 but it is only 8, so it is even cheaper to change.

cdynaco 5/1/10 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by iBookmaster (Post 5858389)
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend usually costs around $2.40 per quart multiplied by 10 quarts costs $24.00. By contrast Mobil 1 usually costs around $4 per quart multiplied by 10 quarts costs $40.00. Royal Purple is even higher than that. I'm keeping Motorcraft in my 2008 GT/CS. Good enough.

:agree:

Right. And I sure wouldn't wait 10k miles to change as the 5.0 suggests. Not with the blow by contaminents. I'd just as soon by a quality oil and change it frequently, rather than super duper scientifically other worldly awesome and leave it in for the extended period synthetic advertises.

The synth might still have fantastic lubrication qualities - but its still getting contaminated by blow by gases.

Gene K 5/1/10 03:10 PM

Glad you got it Guru! I seem to remember someone saying, "I bet you have it by the weekend."

This is one time I love saying, "I told you so!"

Love it!

Overboost 5/1/10 03:22 PM

I'll be doing an Amsoil 5w-20 change out after 1500-2000 miles. After that, I'll just follow the "rough" interval cycle for changing the oil.

trane 5/1/10 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 5858635)
The synth might still have fantastic lubrication qualities - but its still getting contaminated by blow by gases.

That's one of the best arguments ever for a hard break-in; the sooner/harder you scuff in and seat the rings, the less blow-by the motor will suffer for the lifespan of the top end.

Ltngdrvr 5/1/10 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by trane (Post 5858712)
That's one of the best arguments ever for a hard break-in; the sooner/harder you scuff in and seat the rings, the less blow-by the motor will suffer for the lifespan of the top end.

There is very little break-in required for current ring packages, they are broken-in soon after start-up.

SpOnkey21 5/1/10 06:13 PM

Congrats, man. Good to hear the Auto trans is still a blast. I bet that tall 1st gear makes it come off the line like a dream. Just needs more tire to really fire like a bullet. You can still break the tires loose quite easily in the auto, right? Will sport mode allow it?

InsidiousGT 5/1/10 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by SpOnkey21 (Post 5858773)
You can still break the tires loose quite easily in the auto, right?

420 horses.... I should hope so.

IT_Guru 5/1/10 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by InsidiousGT (Post 5858787)
420 horses.... I should hope so.

Oh yeah, turn off the traction control and you can spin at will. Even with Sports mode on it still breaks loose just enough to be fun, but not draw to much "unwanted" attention.

dmhines 5/1/10 07:27 PM

Congrats. What is that on the firewall ... sound deadener? That is new for 2011 ... 2010 is just sheet metal there ...

Ltngdrvr 5/1/10 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by dmhines (Post 5858825)
Congrats. What is that on the firewall ... sound deadener? That is new for 2011 ... 2010 is just sheet metal there ...

Yeah, that's what it looke like.

IT_Guru 5/1/10 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gene K (Post 5858668)
Glad you got it Guru! I seem to remember someone saying, "I bet you have it by the weekend."

This is one time I love saying, "I told you so!"

Love it!

Waiting was a b***h, but worth it!!!!!!

Treadhead 5/1/10 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 (Post 5857783)
I've been here nearly four years. It melted? Seriously?

It would have been fine if I left it in the house but, I left it in my garage. The first time I pulled it out of the bag it left waxy streaks on my car. :dunno:

fritzOSU03 5/1/10 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Treadhead (Post 5858951)
It would have been fine if I left it in the house but, I left it in my garage. The first time I pulled it out of the bag it left waxy streaks on my car. :dunno:

Well that sucks. I'll go ahead and bring mine in from the garage tomorrow! Thanks for the heads-up.

InsidiousGT 5/2/10 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5858176)
:metal:Pics and my first day impressions.

First, exhaust definitely could be louder at idle. Wide open pretty loud, but I wouldn't mind more. But that said the exhaust note is great, mellow, not poppy and pretty smooth.

Handles good, better than I figured the EPAS would. Sport mode will let you have enough fun for most of the time. It will still get pretty sideways on full on throttle around corners even with the traction control fully on.

Just from the butt dyno it seems to get the best launches with sports mode on, power brake till about 2000 RPM and then GO!

I decided to break it in a little before taking it to the 1/4 mile. There is a pretty strong smell of all the oil and sealants on the metal burning off, pretty sure its normal though.

It's way faster than my Audi A4, but thats not saying much. Going from AWD to RWD is taking some getting used to.

It definitely does drive like a smaller car than it looks, very fun through the corners. Barely any body roll, feel nice and tight.

The Automatic does a pretty good job, but obviously if you want maximum fun factor - get the stick. You can "shift" the automatic manually and have fun, but that first gear is short - bounced the red line a few time.

All in all, an excellent buy and I put about 125 miles on it so far today. Couldn't be happier with it.

You might not want to do it, but have you tried taking off the engine covers? I'm interested to see how easy it is to get to the coils, plugs, and injectors on these motors.

IT_Guru 5/3/10 09:17 AM

If any body is intereseted I am up to about 17 MPG. Which isn't bad considering how I've been driving since I got it. This week should start to give me a better idea as I'll be taking the highway most of the week to work.

06GT 5/3/10 10:57 AM

Relax, the dealer will wash it for you...

corvettedreamin 5/3/10 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5859975)
If any body is intereseted I am up to about 17 MPG. Which isn't bad considering how I've been driving since I got it. This week should start to give me a better idea as I'll be taking the highway most of the week to work.

Isn't that the city MPG estimate anyway?

IT_Guru 5/3/10 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin (Post 5860088)
Isn't that the city MPG estimate anyway?

Yep, but mostly been highway miles so far, but all in all pretty good for how much I've been abusing it. Once I got past the first 100 miles, I figured it was broke in enough. Hopefully the weather will be good this Friday and I can get to teh 1/4 mile. Then we will have some real world Automatic numbers for stock. But I haven't been in a few years so I may suck.

Adam 5/3/10 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 06GT (Post 5860067)
Relax, the dealer will wash it for you...

I'd rather they didn't :)

IT_Guru 5/3/10 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by InsidiousGT (Post 5859186)
You might not want to do it, but have you tried taking off the engine covers? I'm interested to see how easy it is to get to the coils, plugs, and injectors on these motors.

I'll have to see how easy it is too take off and put back on.

Gene K 5/3/10 03:28 PM

Guru please dont outrun Evo's new M6 3.73 car stock (13.2 @ 110) as that would be embarrasing.
Michigan huh? Im thinking 13.2-12.9 @ 108-111 in an automatic depending on weather.
Thats is the track prep will let you cut a 1.9 60'.