2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I think I have Mustang Fever....

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/12, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have Mustang Fever....

I think I've caught a case of Mustang fever. First Mustang, always been a fan of them, along with even their competition. I can appreciate any cool muscle car.

I ordered a Grabber Blue 2013 GT Premium Convertible w/ IUP (blue striped seats), manual transmission, comfort package, reverse sensors, brembos, and the shaker pro.

It's due date should be the first week of August (was pushed back due to order changes).

When it arrives the dealership will be tinting the windows to 35% and adding full body and side GT500/LeMans style stripes in white.

The dealership will also be installing before delivery:
Prepainted GT500 spoiler
GT500 axleback takeoff's (If I can find a lead on them soon, AM and LMR are out of stock)

Parts on the way:
Ford K springs
BMR adjustable panhard
Boss 302/California Special rear diffuser.

I'm going to sleep on it, but if Tousley Ford is open tomorrow I'm likely to also order:
California Special Grilles
California Special Foglights

I'm undecided on CAI and tune.... mostly because it's brand new, but also because I don't want to kill the warranty right off the bat. However, I have been eyeing Steeda for their Ghost Cam tune, and their CAI...

I feel like maybe if I just do all the crap I want to do to the car up front, I'll be happy and not wanting anything else in the future....

So do I have the fever?

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 7/20/12 at 10:43 PM.
Old 7/20/12, 10:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Seems so lol you say it like its a bad thing tho?
Old 7/20/12, 10:46 PM
GTR Member

Not like your doing lines of coke!
Old 7/20/12, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm jelly..starting to love the 13s
Old 7/20/12, 11:11 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Studly_Studright
I'm jelly..starting to love the 13s
Username change request. Studly using the word "jelly". Something ain't right here.
Old 7/20/12, 11:12 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
Not like your doing lines of coke!
NTTAWWT.
Old 7/20/12, 11:13 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

NTTAWWT.
I can usually figure those out :\ lol
Old 7/21/12, 03:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the perfect medicine for you...stop participating on these forums! Everyday someone here comes up with something cool that you must have. Frustrating

Last edited by newpony; 7/23/12 at 09:44 PM.
Old 7/21/12, 07:25 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Congrats, op. if you're worried about warranty void, then get the frpp cai and tune kit.
Old 7/22/12, 05:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
I can usually figure those out :\ lol
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=NTTAWWT
Old 7/22/12, 11:10 AM
Banned

Suddenly my fever is stifled. After six weeks of waiting, I have a window sticker, which means its going into production!

Unfortunately my window sticker reflects a BLACK exterior, and no brembo brakes. It's got my name on it, so it's the right one.

/rage

Dealership says they have no idea what's going on and that they haven't been invoiced. According to the sticker, they were invoiced Friday.

I have a feeling all I've been looking forward to is about to go down the toilet. If they have to start from scratch, it'll be October before I get my convertible.
Old 7/22/12, 11:14 AM
GTR Member

damnit ford.
Old 7/22/12, 11:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Suddenly my fever is stifled. After six weeks of waiting, I have a window sticker, which means its going into production!

Unfortunately my window sticker reflects a BLACK exterior, and no brembo brakes. It's got my name on it, so it's the right one.

/rage

Dealership says they have no idea what's going on and that they haven't been invoiced. According to the sticker, they were invoiced Friday.

I have a feeling all I've been looking forward to is about to go down the toilet. If they have to start from scratch, it'll be October before I get my convertible.
Holy wrong pony Batman. Hope they get this straight, and you don't have to wait longer. Good luck.
Old 7/22/12, 11:27 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you think you have the fever it will be hard to get rid of! Bought my GT new back in 05 and trader it in for a F250 turbo diesel last year. At first I was ok but now I miss the hell out of my stang and now I am back on these forums I will be buying a a new stang sometime here soon and will mod it, but definitely won't go as crazy as I did with my 05!! The mustang fever will never go away!!!!
Old 7/22/12, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
I think I've caught a case of Mustang fever. First Mustang, always been a fan of them, along with even their competition. I can appreciate any cool muscle car.

I ordered a Grabber Blue 2013 GT Premium Convertible w/ IUP (blue striped seats), manual transmission, comfort package, reverse sensors, brembos, and the shaker pro.

It's due date should be the first week of August (was pushed back due to order changes).

When it arrives the dealership will be tinting the windows to 35% and adding full body and side GT500/LeMans style stripes in white.

The dealership will also be installing before delivery:
Prepainted GT500 spoiler
GT500 axleback takeoff's (If I can find a lead on them soon, AM and LMR are out of stock)

Parts on the way:
Ford K springs
BMR adjustable panhard
Boss 302/California Special rear diffuser.

I'm going to sleep on it, but if Tousley Ford is open tomorrow I'm likely to also order:
California Special Grilles
California Special Foglights

I'm undecided on CAI and tune.... mostly because it's brand new, but also because I don't want to kill the warranty right off the bat. However, I have been eyeing Steeda for their Ghost Cam tune, and their CAI...

I feel like maybe if I just do all the crap I want to do to the car up front, I'll be happy and not wanting anything else in the future....

So do I have the fever?
http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-raci...p/M5230MGTCA1/

I would certainly say that the mod bug has bitten you

I would send a PM to Deysha and see what is going on with your car and make sure that your car is going to be built accordingly. Did your dealer give you a copy of the DORA?
Old 7/22/12, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hopefully this gets resolved. Definitely pm Deysha asap.
Old 7/23/12, 08:49 PM
Banned

Okay, so this is where the fever gets stifled.

Ordered car on 6/18 (after a month and a half of car shopping/considering)
It's now 7/23, only a month later, and the car is going down the line this week (supposedly 7/27) and will deliver the first week of August. They swear they ordered Grabber Blue and documented the heck out of it.

Unfortunately, it was missing the Brembo package.. which I could have lived without..

But then I noticed.......

"Exterior - Black"

According to the dealership, Ford screwed up, and they are putting in a high priority for a reorder to get the correct car. This time with Brembo's and the CORRECT exterior color. Either way I'm still pissed.

We have a vacation planned at the end of August and were highly excited to take our new Mustang.. guess not. We get to "enjoy" the vacation in our gutless '04 Beetle Convertible... I miss the power so much. (sold GTO in June, but stopped driving it basically in February). Slow cars suck.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 7/24/12 at 06:24 AM.
Old 7/23/12, 09:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by newpony
I have the perfect medicine for you...stop participating on these forums! Everyday someone here comes up with something cool that you must to have. Frustrating
lol
Old 7/24/12, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Okay, so this is where the fever gets stifled.

Ordered car on 6/18 (after a month and a half of car shopping/considering)
It's now 7/23, only a month later, and the car is going down the line this week (supposedly 7/27) and will deliver the first week of August. They swear they ordered Grabber Blue and documented the heck out of it.

Unfortunately, it was missing the Brembo package.. which I could have lived without..

But then I noticed.......

"Exterior - Black"

According to the dealership, Ford screwed up, and they are putting in a high priority for a reorder to get the correct car. This time with Brembo's and the CORRECT exterior color. Either way I'm still pissed.

We have a vacation planned at the end of August and were highly excited to take our new Mustang.. guess not. We get to "enjoy" the vacation in our gutless '04 Beetle Convertible... I miss the power so much. (sold GTO in June, but stopped driving it basically in February). Slow cars suck.
Did you get a copy of what your dealer sent to Ford? I made sure I got a copy because I wanted to make sure I got what I ordered.
Old 7/24/12, 08:17 AM
Banned

Yup. Order somehow botched.

Quick Reply: I think I have Mustang Fever....