Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I have a RANT! Just one......

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/15, 08:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I have a RANT! Just one......

I am sure all of us that have a Mustang has at least one thing that they wish was different.....What is yours?

Mine.....I really enjoy driving my 2014 v6 and have it now for 19,00 miles and 18 months.....BUT......If I could pry it out of my dash and toss it on the side of the road is the poorly designed and made Sync system....I turn the car off and then start it back up, cant remember what it was doing before (kinda of like my father), it likes to get stuck in phone mode, sometimes makes it own irrational decisions (like my teenager).

So now I am saving up for new stereo and bluetooth system and doing away with the Sync crap to start with....

Hello Ford....I would like an option to get my next Mustang without the Sync (B@$ch) in my car.....
Old 1/21/15, 08:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Pull the sync fuse for 30 seconds and see if it helps. This assuming you have the most recent software update.
Old 1/21/15, 08:30 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I hear so many complaints about Sync, and your situation is why I have disdain for electronics. My 2014 Mustang Sync is used for just two things...the rare use of my old school Motorola flip phone: No Smart, no problems. And second, I use an iPod Nano for music. My 2014 Fusion is no different.
Old 1/21/15, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My SYNC (with Nav) works pretty well... most of the time. Usually, I just get in the car and say "Mobile Applications," then respond to Samantha's query as to which application with "Pandora" and I'm off!

Every other week or so, however, the system will just go "beep beep" and refuse to work until you turn the car off and restart (which I usually do in my neighborhood, because its a long drive to work).

SYNC works well enough for me- for now. My concern is the long-term viability of any software-based system. Every time I drive my '65, it is depressing to realize that there's no way our modern '14s will last 50 years (because the electronics will become obsolete).

If I could change anything, it would be the super-lethargic windshield wipers (seriously, even on "high" they don't move all that quickly).
Old 1/21/15, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have no sync. I keep talking about getting a new sound system for my '14 but just haven't yet. If it weren't for that stupid adapter plate/ac electronics we have to buy I would have a long time ago.
Old 1/21/15, 10:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I just wish it would stay on USB source after restarting the car instead of switching back to the radio 70% of the time. Really freaking annoying...
Old 1/21/15, 10:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Agreed!
Old 1/21/15, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
What are the problems people are having with sync... i dont get it... hell i dont even really use it... i didnt buy the car for bluetooth i bought it for driving
The following users liked this post:
johnCat (9/8/20)
Old 1/21/15, 10:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Works great for me 90%+ of the time - considering it was designed to work at the time and into the future with countless different devices, I think it works extremely well.
Old 1/21/15, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

How about a seat back that goes back to where it was after you push the seat forward to access back seat?
Old 1/21/15, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by imeyers302
How about a seat back that goes back to where it was after you push the seat forward to access back seat?
i dont access back seat, and neither does anyone else, my car is strictly a two seater

im proud to say no one has ever sat in my back seat, and they never will
Old 1/21/15, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
What are the problems people are having with sync... i dont get it... hell i dont even really use it... i didnt buy the car for bluetooth i bought it for driving
Mine now doesn't like it if I ask it to switch to USB while it is connecting to the phone. It tends to get stuck for several seconds and then non-responsive for several more, so I just wait it out.

It desperately needs an update to fix these niggling issues.

The starting back up and defaulting to the radio is another annoyance. I just live with it as I don't have time to switch it on, wait for several seconds, and then crank the motor over.

Last edited by Critical Mass; 1/21/15 at 12:38 PM.
Old 1/21/15, 01:15 PM
Cobra Member

One thing that makes me rage the most is the 911 assist, i sometimes connect my iphone and play music via bluetooth, the song will start playing then will cut off and go silent to remind me that 911 assist is set to off. I turned off the voice and the notifications but it still pauses and displays the message on the screen. Makes me rage 10/10
Old 1/21/15, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i dont access back seat, and neither does anyone else, my car is strictly a two seater

Some of us have friends that have the misfortune of getting crammed in the back seat. Lol
Old 1/21/15, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't let anyone back there either but I have a Labradoodle that loves going in the back seat for rides in the car. Since he usually gets whatever he wants, the back seat is his.
Old 1/21/15, 01:35 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bentnail

Mine.....I really enjoy driving my 2014 v6 and have it now for 19,00 miles and 18 months.....BUT......If I could pry it out of my dash and toss it on the side of the road is the poorly designed and made Sync system....I turn the car off and then start it back up, cant remember what it was doing before (kinda of like my father), it likes to get stuck in phone mode, sometimes makes it own irrational decisions (like my teenager).

So now I am saving up for new stereo and bluetooth system and doing away with the Sync crap to start with....

Hello Ford....I would like an option to get my next Mustang without the Sync (B@$ch) in my car.....
Which type of phone is being connected, Bentnail?

One thing that makes me rage the most is the 911 assist, i sometimes connect my iphone and play music via bluetooth, the song will start playing then will cut off and go silent to remind me that 911 assist is set to off. I turned off the voice and the notifications but it still pauses and displays the message on the screen. Makes me rage 10/10
Hi xtc.inc,

If you switch 911 Assist to ON once, it will save your settings and no longer remind you upon entering the vehicle. You'll find more information about this feature here: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...-overview-sync

Kim
johnCat (9/8/20)
Old 1/21/15, 01:38 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
My 14 year old niece is the only human ever to ride back there. She's pretty small so she has all the room in the world. She loves it with the top down...gets more wind in her face.
Old 1/21/15, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

My kids ride in the back of mine. I have to pull my seat forward a bit. They complain.
Old 1/21/15, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm glad I didn't get the full blown SYNC system. It's been problematic from the beginning. I just have the blue tooth phone connection over the stereo and the ability to plug in an MP3 player. It has never given me a problem other than sometimes it has trouble understanding voice commands and that's not very often.

I think the only thing I wish were different on my car is that Ford should have gone ahead and put a coat of paint on the rear axle. A lot of Mustangs don't get the painted rear axle and end up with that coating of surface rust that just looks like hell. When it gets warmer I'm going to remove the rust on mine and hand paint some rustoleum on mine. Other than that I'm fine with the car as it is.
johnCat (9/8/20)
Old 1/21/15, 02:48 PM

Sync system really doesn't give me any problems because I usually just turn on the radio and go. The one thing that does bother me is the shoulder belt trying to saw my head off!

Quick Reply: I have a RANT! Just one......