2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I canceled my order today

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/10, 06:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I canceled my order today

Well it been almost 4 months and still no new Mustang from Ford so I canceled the order with the dealership. When I ordered the car it was hot and early in the summer, today we got our first snow. I do not feel that Ford kept their end of the bargain to provide a car timely.

If anybody lives near Aberdeen WA and wants a Base Yellow Blaze Mustang, manual, 3.73 gears, and Brembo brakes the Ford dealer there should have one soon to sell (maybe?).

TED

Last edited by Ted in Olympia; 11/21/10 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11/21/10, 06:16 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear that.

Order a boss now for next summer?
Old 11/21/10, 06:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Ted, I wish you had ordered your car from us. We've been getting a steady stream of new Mustangs in a timely fashion. Of course, some of that is because we are consistently one of the top 10 volume Ford dealers in the entire NW region (130+ dealers in AK, WA, OR, ID, and MT).

I would encourage you to buy the car the ordered from Five Star and buy a second set of wheels with all-season or snow tires. The tires on the Brembo Package are summer only tires that are dangerous under 40 degrees, so you would have needed winter tires no matter when your car arrived.

It's snowing at my house today, but not really sticking just yet. I drove my supercharged '07 GT today with no issues, but I have Continental Extreme Contact DWS (dry/wet/snow) tires on my car so I can drive it 365 days per year.
Old 11/21/10, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

If I ever buy a new Ford again Brian you are going to be my first call. I do feel that Ford makes the best new car out there right now but they have to get their act together.

The people at Five Star are very nice but not once did they call/email me as the deadlines went by; I always had to make contact first. Friday was the last deadline I was willing to take. I have been very excited to get my new car but with all the delays this is all gone now.

TED
Old 11/21/10, 07:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad they jerked you around but it was the dealer not Ford.

This is why one of the first things you should ask the dealer is "Do you have any available Mustang order allocation?"

If they don't then move on to another dealer.
Old 11/21/10, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ted in Olympia
I do feel that Ford makes the best new car out there right now but they have to get their act together.

The people at Five Star are very nice but not once did they call/email me as the deadlines went by; I always had to make contact first.
This isn't a FORD issue this is a DEALER issue; sounds like your dealer didn't have allocation and strung you along a bit until they got one -- instead of being straight up.

That isn't "nice" by my definition. Other dealers "with allocation" don't have an issue.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 11/21/10 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Edit: Looks like I started writing my post as Ltngdvr posted...
Old 11/21/10, 10:50 PM

If I ever buy a new Ford again Brian you are going to be my first call. I do feel that Ford makes the best new car out there right now but they have to get their act together.

The people at Five Star are very nice but not once did they call/email me as the deadlines went by; I always had to make contact first. Friday was the last deadline I was willing to take. I have been very excited to get my new car but with all the delays this is all gone now.

TED
Winter will be over in a couple of months. I'm ordering 2012 Mustangs already, and would be happy to put an order in for you anytime. A '12 Mustang would likely be delivered in very early spring, just in time for you to take delivery and have a long spring/summer to enjoy your new car. We're still just $99 over the invoice total for new Mustang GT's, and you keep the rebate(s) upon delivery. Same is true for most every other Ford or Lincoln product, so even if you decide on something other than a Mustang, give us a call if we can be of assistance. We're only a 35 minute drive from Olympia.

Oh, and I email all of our customers with Mustangs on special orders every Friday with order status updates.
Old 11/22/10, 12:11 AM
GT Member

[QUOTE=The tires on the Brembo Package are summer only tires that are dangerous under 40 degrees, so you would have needed winter tires no matter when your car arrived.

.[/QUOTE]

dangerous under 40?!?!?!? enlighten me please! as I have the PP that has summer tires ):
Old 11/22/10, 04:42 AM
V6 Member

Cornezy, the tire will not stick in cold temps. I have two mustangs, one with the F1 Supercar tires and a 5.0 with the Brembos. Its like being on ice with these tires when it gets cold. NO GRIP!! Great for warm weather but bad in the cold.
Old 11/22/10, 06:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Cornezy
dangerous under 40?!?!?!? enlighten me please! as I have the PP that has summer tires ):

If you're driving this car in the winter you better get some snow tires on it NOW!
Many people just don't understand about the various compounds that are used in tire making. Summer only tires are just that, summer ONLY. They lose adhesion in colder temps and become quite dangerous. Winter tires maintain their adhesion abilities in very low temps and also have a tread pattern that helps bite into ice and snow.
Old 11/22/10, 06:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Ted,

It sounds like a total no brainer to order a 2012 with Five Oh Brian. Give him a call and make the deal.
Old 11/22/10, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ted if you really want a mustang- i would go with 5OB for a '12 stang- dont let that other dealer bring you down.

5OB will take care of you and get it done the right way.
Old 11/22/10, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Interested in a 2010? The money you save on this car cant get you a super charger and more.

https://themustangsource.com/f721/sa...ehicle-488672/
Old 11/22/10, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ted, maybe if you have Five Oh Brian check existing inventory in the area, there might be a Mustang that meets your criteria already sitting on some dealer's lot.
Old 11/22/10, 01:24 PM
V6 Member

The salesman called me today and showed his true colors; yelling at me about the lost sale.

My email was responded to a bit more polite; they offered me $500 more off the deal and told me they would still let me know when it came it.

But I'm now wrapped around the axle and lost all interest in buying this car. I need to sit back, relax and get through the holiday season before I make any decisions. I'm just not ready to go through this process again.

A very small part of me feels bad but I do feel that the dealer was not honest with me when they first told me 6 to 8 weeks and they tell you this just to get the order. They should have enough experience with ordering cars to know how long it will take.

TED
Old 11/22/10, 03:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ted, were you ever given a VIN #? This would be my first red flag. I would call the sales manager and or the owner and let them walk out the sorry azz salesman, I have done it and you can too. I was even there when the guy tried to deny wrong doing.
Old 11/22/10, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Yeah in the height of the holds and no ships, i got my GT under 3 months. After 1 month, i had a Vin, and production date. Ronn
Old 11/22/10, 04:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
If you're driving this car in the winter you better get some snow tires on it NOW!
Many people just don't understand about the various compounds that are used in tire making. Summer only tires are just that, summer ONLY. They lose adhesion in colder temps and become quite dangerous. Winter tires maintain their adhesion abilities in very low temps and also have a tread pattern that helps bite into ice and snow.
I NEED TIRES THEN!!!! bout it has not dropped below 50 here in va beach yet but that time is coming aaaw shucks! I need some dough! lol
Old 11/22/10, 04:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
The salesman called me today and showed his true colors; yelling at me about the lost sale.

My email was responded to a bit more polite; they offered me $500 more off the deal and told me they would still let me know when it came it.

But I'm now wrapped around the axle and lost all interest in buying this car. I need to sit back, relax and get through the holiday season before I make any decisions. I'm just not ready to go through this process again.

A very small part of me feels bad but I do feel that the dealer was not honest with me when they first told me 6 to 8 weeks and they tell you this just to get the order. They should have enough experience with ordering cars to know how long it will take.

TED

Your salesman was probably upset because he's already spent his commission amount on his credit card given the upcoming holidays.

My advise would be to do what you said; take some time throughout the holiday week and decide what you really want to do. If you decide you want the car, give them a date that the car MUST be delivered by; chances are if they feel like they can't meet the date then they will start scouring other dealer inventories and hopefully get you the same or at least something close to what you wanted originally.

Good luck either way you go.
Old 11/22/10, 05:58 PM

TED
Ted, I've been ordering our Mustangs for quite a few years now. I'd say that 80% of them were built/shipped in the 6-8 week timeframe and the other 20% either came quicker or later. There's really no way to promise a specific time frame to our customers, so we always tell customer it usually takes about 6-10 weeks and we're right most of the time that way.

It's usually not the dealership's fault when an order runs long, like yours. Sometimes, Ford is running short on certain items (called a "commodities restriction") so any orders that need those particular items wait. Sometimes, the dealership anticipates more allocation than they end up getting. Production has been dramatically cut back in the last two years, so what we used to count on in ordering is not today's reality. I've been frustrated plenty this year with reduced allocations and production, and it's been difficult to get all special orders built on time every time, but most have been.

I'd love to bad mouth that other dealer to make us look better by comparison, but they likely didn't do anything wrong with your order. The only bad thing they did from what you've posted is 1) failed to communicate proactively with you, and 2) yelled at you when you cancelled. I certainly understand your frustration.

I will tell you, though, that your original dealer is gonna be stuck with an oddball car that will be very tough to sell to anyone other than you. A yellow base GT is not commonly requested. You really could leverage the price with them even more at this point, as they're gonna have to sell it at an enormous discount anyway to get anyone to consider it. Go back to the dealer and make them a rediculous offer and see what happens.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 11/22/10 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: I canceled my order today