2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I am sick to my stomach and feel like crying :(

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/12, 01:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Sorry to hear this grifftech... Only way to truly save money by trading it in is to go real used...like a 10 to 12k price used car. Don't get new... That's how we got our "new" (used) Fusion. 35k miles,.plus certified... Probably best car decision we have made.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Why not just sell the 2011 outright? Buy an older model for less used. Find a nice 08 or something and roll with that until you can get back in a newer one. Just my thinking but I don't understand buying a brand new car especially if its not even the car you really want. I worked for dealerships for 10+ years and have never purchased a brand new vehicle. Don't ever plan on it. Year or two old for way less just makes good sense to me. Again, just my $.02.
This x 100%

Last edited by FromZto5; 12/14/12 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12/14/12, 01:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grifftech
Someone hold me!!!!!

Depressed,
Chris

Dude... I feel for ya, and it just sucks... but I have admit I LOL at the 'Someone hold me!'

Old 12/14/12, 01:44 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like others have said I'd look into re-financing. I did this 2 months ago and lowered my payment $100/month. Plus my bank doesn't have a pre-payment so I could keep making the same payment if I want and be done with the loan at the same time.
Old 12/14/12, 02:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback. We are also looking to sell our house and move to a smaller town outside of the city we are in now and we are looking to downgrade to something smaller by as much as 80k so that is where a huge chunk of savings will come from. Plus the wife has a 2011 Grand Cherokee we bought for 42k and she still owes 30k on it, but she is looking at getting into a used or smaller SUV in the 20k price range. I know she is upside down, but I think we can still lower her payment a month by at least 200
Sorry to hear the news, but man, I hope you're not making all those huge changes in your life because of one client your wife's biz lost. Dang.
Old 12/14/12, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hold on to your Stang until the Bank prys the keys from your cold, dead hands...hang on to it, man!!! The day you give it up...next thing you know is your wife gets 3 new accounts and the Stang is gone...hold on, man!!!
Old 12/14/12, 06:50 PM
V6 Member

Sounds like you are just trading one payment for another that is a little less. And in the process you are loosing money in your Mustang, tax and license along with paying tax and license on another new car, plus a big immediate loss as soon as you drive it off the lot. Why not refinance the Mustang, stretching out the payments for a lower monthly? Then you won't have the other losses? Otherwise just buy something that you can buy for the equity in the Mustang so you don't have a payment if you really want to play it safe.
Old 12/14/12, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno, Grifftech. You have already absorbed your GT's heaviest depreciation, its first two years; now you're talking about trading for a new vehicle that will drop precipitously in value when you drive it off the lot. Plus the Mustang will hold its value better and probably be a quicker sale when you're really ready to part with it. I'm not seeing how downgrading to a brand new vehicle is going to help you that much in the long run... but it's your decision, and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 12/15/12, 01:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Screw that! Pound the pavement and get replacement clients!! And you throw in some hours to help her if need be! Suck it up man - you can do it!

30 yrs in sales... you're either putting out fires (from competition), or building fires (going after competition). Losing accounts is part of business life, so is getting new accounts. But many times the new clients wound up being better. Go build some fires and get more customers!
AGREED! pound the pavement and get some new business. Don't throw in the towel just yet.
Old 12/15/12, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Grifftech, here's a big old hug. Sorry to hear, but I'm sure you'll come out OK. There's alot of good advice here, so I won't try anymore. Good luck.
Old 12/15/12, 06:25 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
Grifftech, here's a big old hug. Sorry to hear, but I'm sure you'll come out OK. There's alot of good advice here, so I won't try anymore. Good luck.
I agree - good luck and listen to everybody but follow your own path.
Old 12/15/12, 06:32 PM
V6 Member

Sorry to hear that. I am now being forced into early retirement, so I refinanced by daily driver, and will refi the Mustang to keep it if I have to. Good luck!
Old 12/15/12, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

So my wife owns her own commercial cleaning business that she does the work herself and she just found out her biggest contract which accounts for 1/3rd of our income got a new bid that is half of what they are paying us. So now we are losing over $3k a month of income since they will go with the new company and one of the first victims is going to be my 2011 Kona Blue GT /puke, /wrists

So now I am looking at trading it in for... oh this hurts to type... a 2013 Focus SE.....

My Stang has been my pride and joy for the last 2 years and am tempted to eat Ramen every day to save it.

I will probably save $125 a month in lower payment some in insurance and get twice the gas mileage. So probably looking at a savings of about $250 a month by trading in.

Someone hold me!!!!!

Depressed,
Chris
Sorry to hear that but on a bright side I have a 2013 race red focus hatchback and I love it. It's a great car.
Old 12/16/12, 01:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm in sales/ construction and I see this kind of thing quite often. If a potential customer comes to me and says "I want to use you, but you are twice as expensive as another company" I tell them that I will price match any bid that is apples to apples, but there is no way someone is doing what I can do for half as much.
Have you looked into why the competing company is so much more inexpensive? Hopefully the account your wife has lost will see that paying half as much gets you half the results.

Either way I hope you're able to keep your Mustang. Best of luck.
Old 12/16/12, 07:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
I thought this was a Mustang forum, not a financial advice forum.
If ya had nothing constructive to say you should not have said anything.
Old 12/17/12, 05:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the idea of going back to that account in a month to see if that "other" company is doing as good of a job as you and your wife's did. As stated, othen the low ballers do a poor job, and the account may come back to you. Better yet, find some of their accounts (the company that low bid your account), and go after some of theirs.
Old 12/17/12, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

When one door closes...there are opportunities out there, man - you guys can't give up! It's times like these that test one's mettle. This could end up being the best thing that ever happened to you all - a pivotal moment in time where you had to make a decision to press on. The main thing to do is to keep your eyes open for new opportunities.

In the meantime, see if that larger company is willing to give you a solid reference - collect other client references and compile a list of companies to contact. Get email addresses and send a polite email along with your references in a tidy MS Word document.

Maybe it's a good time to diversify into other areas of the business? Maybe go into sales or become a distributor of the cleaning products you were using. Keep your eyes open and be calm for her.

I do hope this isn't another example of "domestic insourcing", where cheap labor is being farmed out to people that aren't here legally. If it is and you wanted to get Mel Gibsonish (Lethal Weapon 1?) about things:

I'd create a fictitious email address and start poking around - find out if this company is using "undocumented" workers. If you find out they are, you could have a 3rd party intervene and have this company's licensing revoked.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 12/17/12 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12/17/12, 02:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Perhaps my comment came across as too brash. I apologize if I upset anyone. Good luck to you OP.
Old 4/10/14, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but this thread was the last time I came to the forum as I did end up trading it in and I couldn't bear reading about Mustangs.

I SO wish I would have listened to some of the posters on here as I have been regretting it EVERY day since.

On the bright side I have softened the wife up a bit to the idea of MAYBE me getting a 2015 GT, as I have been pouting and hounding her for 16 months now

If I do it though I will be worse off as I am upside down in the Focus right now I hate you hindsight!!
Old 4/10/14, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but this thread was the last time I came to the forum as I did end up trading it in and I couldn't bear reading about Mustangs.

I SO wish I would have listened to some of the posters on here as I have been regretting it EVERY day since.

On the bright side I have softened the wife up a bit to the idea of MAYBE me getting a 2015 GT, as I have been pouting and hounding her for 16 months now

If I do it though I will be worse off as I am upside down in the Focus right now I hate you hindsight!!
Exactly why I'm staying single.
Old 4/10/14, 05:16 PM
GT Member

Cdynaco may be onto something. How can somebody provide the exact same service for so much less? Do they only employ illegals? Also, aggressively going after the lost contract shows persistence and people like that. Maybe your wife can lower her rate some, enough to get them back. I wouldn't throw in the towel and concede defeat until I was defeated, especially when it was my life style (and stang) on the line.

Quick Reply: I am sick to my stomach and feel like crying :(