2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

How's this for customer service

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/13, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's this for customer service

2014 GT automatic trans.less than 6000 miles....wife's new car....no issues ...until Wednesday last week..drove to work,fine..out to lunch...fine...calls me after work....cars messing up...engine revs but speed doesn't match rpm's...automatic transmission slipping...she catches ride home,I go to see what's up...start car...put in gear and it doesn't firmly engage...but it does go into drive..rev engine and car slowly nudges forward...try reverse same....put in manual mode..same....engine revs...car slowly crawls forward...NEW car....lets not damage anything...because I didn't buy it at the local dealership I wanted it towed to the one I bought it from....Ford pays towing up to 35 miles...I paid 90.00 more to take it where I bought it...get it to dealership about 12:00 last Thursday ...service tech checks out the car and verifies there's definitely a problem.....tells me....we'll pull the pan off tranny tomorrow...look for the obvious..contact ford and see how deep they want us to dig into it.......I think that's what's happening .....Service dept. calls me 3:00 Monday afternoon and says.....We drove the car Friday and got about a block from the dealership and it started working fine.....we let it set over the weekend and today it starts and drives fine...we know it has a problem but now we can't get it to duplicate it...we're going to contact fords hotline for direction and I'll call you tomorrow...tomorrow never came....so this afternoon 4:00 I call them.....I'm already not happy with them driving my car to start with...a test drive after a repair sure but it should have never left the dealership with the problem it had,and was confirmed...service tech says....we don't know what to do...hate to tear into tranny with low miles...was able to tell from data logging its probably not the tranny....probably lack of fluid pressure...could be caused by any number of things...we don't know what to do. Except keep driving it and hope it duplicates the problem....we've been driving it anytime we needed to go somewhere or pick someone or something up.....REALLY...I told him I did not want my car to leave the dealership...the problem was it wouldn't pull off when placed in gear..not that it had a driving issue...I asked to come pick my car up...tech says let's try it one more day...won't drive it...just start and engage transmission...we'll call you tomorrow....they've had my NEW car a week....drove it to neighboring towns...no telling how its been punished.and have not repaired anything. How's that grab you for service...I ain't HAPPY
Old 10/9/13, 02:50 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
that's a huge load of horse ****
Old 10/9/13, 02:50 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Holy hell
Old 10/9/13, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hunter1660
2014 GT automatic trans.less than 6000 miles....wife's new car....no issues ...until Wednesday last week..drove to work,fine..out to lunch...fine...calls me after work....cars messing up...engine revs but speed doesn't match rpm's...automatic transmission slipping...she catches ride home,I go to see what's up...start car...put in gear and it doesn't firmly engage...but it does go into drive..rev engine and car slowly nudges forward...try reverse same....put in manual mode..same....engine revs...car slowly crawls forward...NEW car....lets not damage anything...because I didn't buy it at the local dealership I wanted it towed to the one I bought it from....Ford pays towing up to 35 miles...I paid 90.00 more to take it where I bought it...get it to dealership about 12:00 last Thursday ...service tech checks out the car and verifies there's definitely a problem.....tells me....we'll pull the pan off tranny tomorrow...look for the obvious..contact ford and see how deep they want us to dig into it.......I think that's what's happening .....Service dept. calls me 3:00 Monday afternoon and says.....We drove the car Friday and got about a block from the dealership and it started working fine.....we let it set over the weekend and today it starts and drives fine...we know it has a problem but now we can't get it to duplicate it...we're going to contact fords hotline for direction and I'll call you tomorrow...tomorrow never came....so this afternoon 4:00 I call them.....I'm already not happy with them driving my car to start with...a test drive after a repair sure but it should have never left the dealership with the problem it had,and was confirmed...service tech says....we don't know what to do...hate to tear into tranny with low miles...was able to tell from data logging its probably not the tranny....probably lack of fluid pressure...could be caused by any number of things...we don't know what to do. Except keep driving it and hope it duplicates the problem....we've been driving it anytime we needed to go somewhere or pick someone or something up.....REALLY...I told him I did not want my car to leave the dealership...the problem was it wouldn't pull off when placed in gear..not that it had a driving issue...I asked to come pick my car up...tech says let's try it one more day...won't drive it...just start and engage transmission...we'll call you tomorrow....they've had my NEW car a week....drove it to neighboring towns...no telling how its been punished.and have not repaired anything. How's that grab you for service...I ain't HAPPY
Talk to Deysha on here
Old 10/9/13, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

+1 on Deysha, she can get things rolling and if necessary involve a Regional service rep., Deysha helped me on false codes issue.
Old 10/9/13, 03:32 PM

I'm hoping she'll respond....looks like she's on here in the mornings from a couple post I've seen of hers...
Old 10/9/13, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ugh I hate that!! I worked at a chevy dealership on the oil rack for 7 months and the service manager or service writers would occasionally drive a customers car to lunch or home for the night!!!!!!!! no idea if the cars they would take were having issues just knew they were waiting to be worked on.... I would flip **** if it was my car and they did that
Old 10/9/13, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Maybe I'm the odd duck.. but I don't think it's at all unreasonable of them to test drive the car. Don't think you can expect them to tear the car down just because you described a problem without them trying to duplicate it.

Now if they DID drive the car all over the countryside and maybe take it home for the weekend and stop by the track... yeah, that's probably over the top... but from what I read, you don't know that it's been 'punished' at all.
Old 10/9/13, 03:58 PM

What really sux is this is the second vehicle I've bought from them....cost me extra to have it towed there...and thought I was leaving it with someone I could trust. Leaving it in good hands....Icing on the cake.....I carried my iPad with me ...to kill time while I waited.....could've took a video of the cars problem...but noooooo..they'll take care of it for me....
Old 10/9/13, 04:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
well it sounds like they didn't really need to test drive it, it sounds like the tech saw the problem when they first looked at it and then they took it for a drive and while they were driving it the problem stopped. im not saying they shouldn't test drive because as a tech I test drive stuff but as I said in my post they shouldn't ever take it home at night
Old 10/9/13, 04:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
Maybe I'm the odd duck.. but I don't think it's at all unreasonable of them to test drive the car. Don't think you can expect them to tear the car down just because you described a problem without them trying to duplicate it.

Now if they DID drive the car all over the countryside and maybe take it home for the weekend and stop by the track... yeah, that's probably over the top... but from what I read, you don't know that it's been 'punished' at all.
They did more than test drive. Not to mention like he said they shouldn't have needed to to drive it that much since the problem was from putting it into drive then getting it to go. Probably could have done that on the lot. Hope you get it resolved. I'm sure Deysha will help.
Old 10/9/13, 04:06 PM

The problem was duplicated at the dealership...here's the problem....start car...place in drive....car doesn't firmly engage in gear...rev engine to 2000 or 3000 Or 4000 rpm's and car just does crawl forward....and your gonna drive it?....Really....it's New....lets not destroy it
Old 10/9/13, 04:08 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any extra driving is trying to get the problem to duplicate according to your story. They are trying to be thorough rather than return the car to you and then have it happen to you all over again. What the hell do you think they are mind readers? Chill man.

And what the hell is up with newbies signing on to TMS just to *****. All 4 posts are right here. Geez.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/9/13 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10/9/13, 04:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow...I...really have...issues with...reading...your posts...

You really can't expect the tech to not drive the car while trying to diagnose the issue. If they are actually driving it to do errands and shuttle customers then that part isn't right.
Old 10/9/13, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Any extra driving is trying to get the problem to duplicate according to your story. They are trying to be thorough rather than return the car to you and then have it happen to you all over again. What the hell do you think they are mind readers? Chill man.

And what the hell is up with newbies signing on to TMS just to *****. All 4 posts are right here. Geez.
In complete agreement with these guys. Not really sure what the problem is here . I think your overreacting man, just let the techs do there thing or crack open the transaxel and fix it yourself. $#it happens.
Old 10/9/13, 09:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Talk to Deysha on here
This. Agree.

Sky how you been man?
Old 10/9/13, 11:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I always take pics of the odometer if leaving a vehicle for a extended period of time... You never know if you need proof in the future....
Old 10/9/13, 11:38 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 213 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Wow...I...really have...issues with...reading...your posts...

You really can't expect the tech to not drive the car while trying to diagnose the issue. If they are actually driving it to do errands and shuttle customers then that part isn't right.
Agreed. Driving the car might shed more light on the problem. I'd expect nothing less if it's mine.

chill
Old 10/10/13, 05:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
You do realize there's other punctuation out there besides just ellipses, right? (I just used a comma and a question mark in one short sentence! And now an exclamation point!)
Old 10/10/13, 05:30 AM
GT Member

Just take it easy and chill. Make note of the miles driven. They already know something is wrong and if they drive it and it really screws up they'll fix it.

Quick Reply: How's this for customer service