Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How do you feel about your '10-'14 after the reveal of the S550?

Old 12/8/13, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
How do you feel about your '10-'14 after the reveal of the S550?

Ok...first, I'm just going to ask that you guys try to avoid the usual knee jerk reactions that car fans tend to have. The usual reaction is for folks to latch onto the "club they joined" and not really weigh the facts fairly...

A few days have passed so it might be time that we can have a rational discussion about the new car and how it makes us feel about ours.

My first thoughts-

The new car is really, really pretty. It's not perfect from every angle (nor are our late S197s, IMO) but the proportions look to be even more attractive than our cars.

The late S197 chassis has been surprisingly great for such and old platform...I'm still impressed with how stiff my car feels..no creaks, no sensation of flexing, etc so I can only imagine that an all new platform with the capability of IRS would be insanely awesome.

So far, the new car is using the same wonderful engine...which makes me breathe a sigh of relief that mine isn't totally obsolete yet.

The thing I'm trying to keep in mind is that right up until last week, I was totally happy with my car and the things I love about it haven't changed. I'm nearly done paying for it and I'm not sure if I want to put myself back into a financial hole...

My original plan was to keep my 2011 until I'm old and grey...and as of today that hasn't changed...but i have to admit that I'm seriously loving the new car.

What are you guys thinking??
Old 12/8/13, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm hoping they are extremely popular as that increases my chances of picking up a new 14 real cheap!!! I do like the front of my car better, but I really want a V8 and not in black!!! Already had some contact with my dealer and their initial offer on my car is very good, probably as it is mint and only has 4,832 miles on it. He already told me he would do better than X-Plan which we used last time. Now if those rebates would go up a bit more, we might be able to work out a deal..otherwise she will come out from under the cover next spring and I will still have a car I like. Like I told someone else, the deal has to be real good otherwise I will just stay as is...
Old 12/8/13, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LOVE the new car.....just like my 2013

From what I've seen (pics only) I like everything about the new car over my 13. I'm sure it'll be a better handling car & I love the new interior, not to mention the exterior. I'll order a 16, hopefully by then there will be an even stronger 5.0 for the GT. I trade every few years anyway......looking forward to it !! Scott PS, someone's going to get a super clean super low mile stock 13 GHIG GT.
Old 12/8/13, 12:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
I like the styling of my 2014 better overall. If my car got wrecked for some reason, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a 2015, as I would expect it will perform slightly better based on the new platform and IRS.

But in general, I have zero regrets at this point about choosing to buy a 2014 and not wait for 2015. Looks like no GB color option either, so further backs up my current opinion
Old 12/8/13, 12:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I love the new design! I think it's more the type of car I would normally buy. When I started shopping I looked at the 370z and the gt as my final options. The z fit my driving style better and I loved it. The gt fit my heart better. I wanted a mustang again ever since my 67, that never ran, in high school. The retro look sealed it for me. I always wanted a classic but wanted modern convenience. My car has too much sentimental value for me to consider trading it. That said, if I could keep my car and buy another car, the 15 would be it. I like it more than any other car on the road.
Old 12/8/13, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I bought my 13' I was a bit worried that I might regret not waiting for the 15'. So far I am glad I didn't wait! But I'll have to see the new car in person, pictures don't always do justice
Old 12/8/13, 01:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I like the new design. Nothing wrong with the front, love the new interior. I didn't like the rear but it's slowing starting to grow on me and starting to not look that bad as I see more and more pics. Would I buy one? Absolutely! Would I trade my 13 in for it? No, not yet. And i'm one who likes to have the latest and greatest.
Old 12/8/13, 01:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I love the new design! I think it's more the type of car I would normally buy. When I started shopping I looked at the 370z and the gt as my final options. The z fit my driving style better and I loved it. The gt fit my heart better. I wanted a mustang again ever since my 67, that never ran, in high school. The retro look sealed it for me. I always wanted a classic but wanted modern convenience. My car has too much sentimental value for me to consider trading it. That said, if I could keep my car and buy another car, the 15 would be it. I like it more than any other car on the road.
That is a really good point. I never really looked at it that way. The S550 is not perfect to me (Car and Driver's renders were, to me!). Neither were the S197s though. That said, there's no other car out there that I like better than the new ones. Maybe a lightly used 2014 GT500 with Glass Roof.
Old 12/8/13, 01:26 PM
Banned

I feel that the days of my owning my Grabber Blue Convertible are numbered. I'm highly curious as to what special models will be coming down the pike and which are available in a convertible.
Old 12/8/13, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 14 on order. Dealer didn't require deposit as I have check for the total cost in hand. I won't be canceling my order. I don't dislike the 15 but I'm not impressed enough to change my order.
Old 12/8/13, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would cancel my order in a second if I could afford the 14 stingray.
Old 12/8/13, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Love what I have have!
Old 12/8/13, 01:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate the rear of the 15 (from what we have seen anyways) but love the interior, that part looks phenomenal. I don't hate anything about my 13 putting that ontop of the 15 for me. Plus stepping away from ghig would be devastating for me. I think ghig would of looked sick on the new body also (maybe there's a custom idea for somebody) I would drool.
Old 12/8/13, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I really like my `12 but after seeing this new S550 I have second thoughts about all the changes I want to do to my 5.0. "Why spend the money on this car when I can do the stuff to the new one." Like others have said it's not perfect (what car is) but the good points outweigh the bad ones IMO. It's lower wider leaner and meaner and seems to have everything that an Enthusiast wants from his/her GT.
Old 12/8/13, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I won't get rid of my 2010 Grabber Blue Mustang for any Fustang. If something were to happen to my '10 I will look elsewhere, probably at a '14 Vette if I want a new car. Would consider a used '10-'14 Shelby with low mileage.
Old 12/8/13, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
This question will be easier to reply to in 20 years minimum. I think looking at cars that far back its easier to judge its short comings and its design features, such as 70 charger to a 73 charger, a 69-70 mustang to a 71 mustang etc.
Personally, the back end of my car was amazing to me, I hated the 2010-2012 backlights and the diaper. Still think those lights are one of the worst tailights on a mustang( the back made me look into challenger even at one point, knowing it wont perform as good, the look of challenger is a total package, just beautiful) . the 2013 , even tho the changes were small, they totally changed the back for me, and for the better.
Now the 2015 backend is what makes me the most jelly, its just like the 1969, one one my favorite back ends. Front end is an evolution, it doesn't scream, "must have" in my brain ,not like the back end, side profile is ok, still not very far from the current model, so I wouldn't mind either or.
If I was looking for a mustang now, I would probably go for the 2015 to be truthful.
The only thing that I must say is the center console in 2015 looks ugly or totally different, and not as nice as in the current model, the strong angular boxy look, looks elegant. Plus the cup holder cover is joust wonderful.

Last edited by =HYPERDRIVE=; 12/8/13 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12/8/13, 02:43 PM
GT Member

I found an article that shows the differences between the first, current and future of the Mustang. The interior rocks. The exterior is more evolution of the current design. I just wonder how squinty the car will be in 10 years.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/we-...ustang-to.html
Old 12/8/13, 02:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
The '15 is a great looking car but I'm still in love with my '11. I have no plans to change any time soon.
Old 12/8/13, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

If I could trade my car in I would for a new one, like the idea of the IRS.
Old 12/8/13, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really wanted a set of 19x9 302S wheels for my car, but I'm starting to wonder if those similar wheels on the red 2015 will be the right offset and width for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you feel about your '10-'14 after the reveal of the S550?