The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Having a lil problem (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/having-lil-problem-545774/)

Demonic25 6/23/18 12:12 AM

Having a lil problem

I live in south texas n it's that time of the year were it's hot and I don't know what the problem is but my 2010 mustang gt a/c blows warm/cool air through driver side and blows cold air through passenger side any suggestions what it could be??

David Young 6/23/18 04:19 AM

Ever hear a clicking sound from the dash when you first start your Mustang?

David Young 6/23/18 04:25 AM

If you do, it's the door blend actuator. Very common with Fords to go bad. It cost around $30 for the part from your local auto parts store. Should be youtube videos on where and how to replace. I changed the one on my Mom's 2010 Taurus last year after viewing a youtube video :)

Demonic25 6/23/18 07:24 AM

See that's were I got confused because everyone sayin you'll hear a clicking noise under the glove box but I don't hear nun at all so I didn't know if it was the actuator but isn't there 4 of them how would I tell witch bnb one it is for driver side

Bert 6/24/18 04:19 AM

it sounds like there has to be some problem with the blend doors for sure . . . I would watch the videos on youtube to learn how to get in there to see what is not working . . . even though I'm always a little afraid to take the dash apart, because I'm afraid I won't be able to get it back together nice and tight like it was and it will be loose and rattle or squeak, that's probably what you need to do

05PRMTX 6/26/18 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Demonic25 (Post 7031487)
I live in south texas n it's that time of the year were it's hot and I don't know what the problem is but my 2010 mustang gt a/c blows warm/cool air through driver side and blows cold air through passenger side any suggestions what it could be??

Same issue here (2011 GT in Houston). I had one of the actuators replaced last year, and the clicking is back again, so it must be the other one now. Mine was also blowing semi cool air through the passengers side, and hot air through the drivers side. I bought an AC recharge kit yesterday and that seems to have fixed the issue of the air temperature. The pressure on the gauge was very low so I think I have a slow leak somewhere.

I just watched a video on replacing the blend door actuators and it seems pretty easy. 4 screws hold the glove box in, which is all that's in the way

2015GT350 6/29/18 02:15 PM

Here's a bunch of diagrams of the A/C and what not for the 2010 Mustang. Can you identify the part in any of that mess? Is that part easy to get to or do you have to take out the entire dash and everything to get to it?

hudson007 6/29/18 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Demonic25 (Post 7031487)

I had the same problem with mine about a month ago. If you know someone with A/C gauges, they can check the pressures. Mine was low on R134A refrigerant. Adding some resolved the issue and now both sides blow cold air.

DJ2014 7/1/18 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by hudson007 (Post 7031867)
I had the same problem with mine about a month ago. If you know someone with A/C gauges, they can check the pressures. Mine was low on R134A refrigerant. Adding some resolved the issue and now both sides blow cold air.

Same here. My stepson is a mechanic for a Ford dealership and he said that it was low on refrigerant. My 2014 was still under the extended warranty and the discharge line at the a/c compressor was leaking. He replaced that and recharged the system and now it blows cold air like it was new.

Bert 7/2/18 07:29 AM

wouldn't lack of refrigerant affect all the vents, not just the driver side?

hudson007 7/2/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bert (Post 7031992)
wouldn't lack of refrigerant affect all the vents, not just the driver side?

If it doesn't have enough Freon in the system to fill the evaporator, one side can blow cold and the other warm.

Demonic25 7/4/18 06:46 PM

Thanks guys alot ima take it tomorrow to fill it up

2015GT350 7/6/18 02:44 PM

If your car is out of warranty, and you don't want to spend a money to replace an evaporator that has a pin hole leak, you can always re-charge the system with Stop Leak. I knew a mechanic who used that on like 1,000 cars and he told me he never had anyone ever come back with any issues. Under warranty, let them replace it all.