The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   GT Prem with GT350 stickers? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/gt-prem-gt350-stickers-538732/)

scott6809 9/7/15 08:21 AM

GT Prem with GT350 stickers?

I'm in the market for a Mustang and found one, but I had a question about the stickers that are on it. It's a 2014 and according to the factory sticker it's a GT Prem, but has stickers that say GT350. Would that have been added by ford or the previous owner? When I approach the dealer I want to have an idea of what it really is. It is 5.0 with 3:73 axle, Shaker audio, leather ect. I actually don't care that's its a premium....

Thanks for any info...

Scott

TripleBlack14 9/7/15 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by scott6809 (Post 6945146)
I'm in the market for a Mustang and found one, but I had a question about the stickers that are on it. It's a 2014 and according to the factory sticker it's a GT Prem, but has stickers that say GT350. Would that have been added by ford or the previous owner? When I approach the dealer I want to have an idea of what it really is. It is 5.0 with 3:73 axle, Shaker audio, leather ect. I actually don't care that's its a premium....

Thanks for any info...

Scott

Pics would help. It could be a Shelby factory conversion based on a GT, but there'd be other very obvious clues.

scott6809 9/7/15 10:28 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the quick reply. Here are some pictures...

backin15 9/7/15 10:32 AM

Try entering the VIN here: http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Numbe...cker/Ford.html
This should give you the factory window sticker.

TripleBlack14 9/7/15 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by scott6809 (Post 6945168)
Thanks for the quick reply. Here are some pictures...

Good news/Bad news.....

Bad news first:

Those stripes to appear to be just that. I see no direct Shelby connection.

Good news (and very good at that):

That's one really nice looking GT Premium.

Looks like the previous owner added GT500 SVT wheels and what looks to be a Hurst shifter. Nice touches. The black stripes are very nice. I'm assuming the car is Ingot Silver.

You also have the 401A interior. The Premium GT is standard with leather, but you could up the interior to the one you see. The 401A was available in Red/Cashmere stripes and Black w/Cashmere or Grabber Blue stripes. It's a very classy looking package. The dash trim is also different with the 401A, and that package adds leather door inserts with the Pony emblem. Probably a few more things that I don't recall off hand.

You also have the Shaker 1000w stereo, and probably the appearance package that adds the quarter scoops and quarter window louvers. And judging by the spoiler it looks like you have the back-up camera too.

Do some research on it's service and accident history. It looks very clean and nicely equipped, both factory and after market.

I'd be proud to own that. If you buy it, trash the rocker stripes. You don't want to be a poser. The car is beautiful enough on it's own merits.

scott6809 9/7/15 11:43 AM

Thanks for the info, that was a big help especially when trying to negotiate a deal. It has 3600 miles on it and according to the dealer the previous owner swaps cars every couple years and this was one purchased in August 2013 and was only used a few times in the summer.

They were asking $39,000 which is insane IMO, but currently at $33,900. I still think that's too much, so I'll see if I can get a better price than that.. If I can, I'll buy it, if not the search continues... Thanks again!

berzerk_1980 9/7/15 11:59 AM

Yep, I agree with just about everything here, except it's a California Special spoiler, so it probably does not have a camera. Also, I agree it's overpriced.

Also no engine bay pics. A supercharger or something like that could make a difference.

scott6809 9/7/15 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No supercharger... Here is the window sticker...

scott6809 9/7/15 12:12 PM

Try again

Last1 9/7/15 12:50 PM

It's real lame to misrepresent your vehicle as something it's not. There's a guy I often see in my area with full on Shelby GT500 badging/stripes and his car is clearly not. I got a close look once at a WaWa and it was a V6.

TripleBlack14 9/7/15 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Last1 (Post 6945192)
It's real lame to misrepresent your vehicle as something it's not.

I agree, and fortunately if the OP buys the GT he can remove the rocker stripes, or at least do what DarrenGT did and replace just the lower fender stripe with something more appropriate.

Clones, tributes, and phantoms are OK as long as they aren't misrepresented as such.

If money weren't an issue, I'd love to get hold of a '12 or '13 GT convertible, and Boss-ify it with Recaros, wheels, manifold, all the visual cues including Boss 302 stripes and badging...a phantom Boss ragtop. That'd turn some heads, huh?

Of course it'd have this:

Horspla 9/9/15 11:00 AM

Did either Ford or Shelby American build a GT350 in 2014?

TripleBlack14 9/9/15 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Horspla (Post 6945483)
Did either Ford or Shelby American build a GT350 in 2014?

Ford didn't, but I think SA would convert any S197 to a GT350 at one time. They were even recognized by SAAC.

SpectreH 9/9/15 11:59 AM

There's a guy in my town with a faked GT500. He changed out everything except the faux gas cap...still a regular GT. Even my wife thinks he's lame.

Dfink114 9/9/15 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by scott6809 (Post 6945177)
Thanks for the info, that was a big help especially when trying to negotiate a deal. It has 3600 miles on it and according to the dealer the previous owner swaps cars every couple years and this was one purchased in August 2013 and was only used a few times in the summer.

They were asking $39,000 which is insane IMO, but currently at $33,900. I still think that's too much, so I'll see if I can get a better price than that.. If I can, I'll buy it, if not the search continues... Thanks again!

I bought my 2013 GT Premium brand new at $34K with a $39K sticker. I wouldn't pay more than $31K, and that would be by bottom dollar. It's a nice car, but don't let me make you think it's anything special.

14BlackGT 9/9/15 01:50 PM

Nice car but at $33,900 its still high.

I bought my '14 GT Premium last year with 2200 miles on it and it was built in June of 2014. The story is an older couple bought it to tide them over till the 2015 came out. It is optioned with 3.73, machined wheels, and comfort package. No 401A. I think the owners added a tint and the blacked out emblems. The dealer had it priced at $34,500 and dropped it to $29,500 (before tax, license and all that stuff) and I snapped it up. Practically a new car in my book.

Back to the car you're looking at. It looks like its on its original suspension. I'm also wondering if there is some sort of shifter bracket under the Hurst shifter to clean up the shifts. IMO, the wheels stick out too far. The first thing I would do is to yank off the GT350 stripe if not all of them altogether. I think I'd offer them 28 or 29 for it. My own dealer does not consider owner mods in the sale price of their cars.

So what have you decided if you haven't already decided?

scott6809 9/9/15 02:29 PM

Still working with the dealer and they're down to $31,900 so no deal yet. My wife and I are going back to the dealer this weekend.

This will be a summer car for me, so I'm not desperate and that will help me not make a decision on emotion and over pay. I've done that a couple times in my younger days:).

That being said if the price is right I'll buy it, if not I'll keep searching...

Horspla 9/9/15 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by scott6809 (Post 6945518)
Still working with the dealer and they're down to $31,900 so no deal yet. My wife and I are going back to the dealer this weekend.

This will be a summer car for me, so I'm not desperate and that will help me not make a decision on emotion and over pay. I've done that a couple times in my younger days:).

That being said if the price is right I'll buy it, if not I'll keep searching...

Do a market search and see what dealers are listing similars for. Then do a search to see what private party is asking for similars. Finally do a search to find out what people in your area are paying for similars. Make an offer based on those numbers...be prepared to walk away and do so if they wont shoot you a fair deal. I'm thinking for that cars equipment and low miles...plus being at a dealer, you're getting real close to their bottom price. I was looking at cars similar to it this spring and most were asking around $33k. What they sold for i don't know but i would guess close to 30-31.

John

Last1 9/9/15 08:20 PM

Cars.com is a great site for comparison shopping. Good filtering too. Expand search to 500 miles and sort by lowest vehicle miles.

DarrenGT 9/9/15 10:56 PM

I think it's a gorgeous looking car (and i normally don't go in for silver) but the options, the black stripes and the wheels add up to a real beauty. I agree though, lose the incorrect gt350 decals. If it stickered for 40, i'd say 30 is a good price for a 3 yr old car with 3600 miles. those wheels alone are a pretty penny!

FYI...here is what the '13 GT350 actually resembled that year...

berzerk_1980 9/10/15 12:57 AM

LOL the stickers aren't even close.

WhitePonyGT/CS 9/10/15 07:12 AM

Yes, Shelby did make a limited run of 14 year GT350's. These had the Ford Racing Whipple superchargers and where like 95k list. There is a bunch of them for sale out if Galpin Ford w/ like 20 grand off. Way overpriced...for what you get.

The one above is premium with stickers.

Horspla 9/10/15 09:08 AM

Thanks guys. For some reason I thought Ford and Shelby both made versions of the GT350 in 13 and/or 14. Given that, the badging on the one pictured here, while very nice in appearance, is kind of poserish. I was going to badge mine a Mach 1 since Ford hasn't brought that one back to life in S197's that I am aware. I decided against it. It's just GT and that's about the size of it!

OP...it's a sweet looking, well apointed car I wouldn't mind owning. I hope you can swing a deal. Good luck!

John

14BlackGT 9/11/15 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Horspla (Post 6945545)
Do a market search and see what dealers are listing similars for. Then do a search to see what private party is asking for similars. Finally do a search to find out what people in your area are paying for similars. Make an offer based on those numbers...be prepared to walk away and do so if they wont shoot you a fair deal. I'm thinking for that cars equipment and low miles...plus being at a dealer, you're getting real close to their bottom price. I was looking at cars similar to it this spring and most were asking around $33k. What they sold for i don't know but i would guess close to 30-31.

John

I bought mine at my local dealer too and I think thats an advantage. Its Certified Pre Owned so there is a 100k warranty on the drivetrain and you can buy an extended warranty.

scott6809 9/12/15 03:19 PM

FYI - no deal on this one..

Went to the dealer and once I got a good look at the car up close, you could clearly see the cosmetic flaws that the previous owner did.

The decals were crooked and the trunk stripes were 4 different pieces put together. It looks like he tried to put stripes on without removing sat radio antenna and spoiler.

There was a good scratch on right fender and rims must have rubbed a curb more than once. The tire side wall on 2 were pretty scuffed up as well.

The car mechanically was excellent and drove great. With the issues being cosmetic only, I still made them an offer and we just couldn't close the deal.

The search continues...

junkman9096 9/12/15 11:44 PM

Is anyone taking odds that you'll hear back from the sales person within the next couple of days? "Just wondering if you're still interested. (blah, blah, low finance, blah, blah, how's about we knock a couple thou off would you still be interested, blah, blah)