Notices
V6 Mustang Club of America V6 Mustang Club of America

Got to see a Black MCA 6 banger last night!

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/10, 10:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh ok thanks
Old 5/7/10, 10:42 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
Off topic, but does anyone know why the hell they reduced the Shelby stripes?!?!? The car in this pic is SICK besides those puny stripes!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...item5ad94982fd
Those stripes come with the SVT performance package.

I agree though, don't like the narrow stripes.
Old 5/7/10, 11:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Very sharp, can't wait to see it in Kona like the others said!

I wonder if the pony on the grille can be easily removed? And what's underneath?

I think it would look cleaner and meaner without the pony on the grill, and with the HID's.
Old 5/7/10, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert
Very sharp, can't wait to see it in Kona like the others said!

I wonder if the pony on the grille can be easily removed? And what's underneath?

I think it would look cleaner and meaner without the pony on the grill, and with the HID's.
Yeah - HID's will really complete the look! Now if I can figure out how the hell I'm gonna switch out the lower portion to match the top....hmmmm
Old 5/7/10, 01:22 PM
GT Member

Yeah - HID's will really complete the look! Now if I can figure out how the hell I'm gonna switch out the lower portion to match the top....hmmmm
I'm contemplating the Roush fascia to go with an MCA. Saw the gray car in the commercial and just wondered how good it would look with the MCA grill.
Old 5/7/10, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can't wait to see that baby in Kona now! I think it will look just as good with those gunmetal wheels! I went ahead and ordered the body-color mirror covers yesterday, because that is the one thing I don't like about the MCA package. If you are at all interested I got them here - http://www.ninosport.com/DG-Custom-A...-p/mc2010x.htm - use TMS.com as a discount code for 5% off too!
Would you still have got these if you were going with black?
Old 5/7/10, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Would you still have got these if you were going with black?
Definitely - the full black plastic mirrors kinda look cheap. I think the body color really helps to dress em' up a bit!

The difference is subtle - but I like the shine of the body color that matches the car

BTW - can't believe that dealer left BIRD SH*T sitting on that black paint & then took a picture to try and sell it online like that?!?! WTF
Attached Thumbnails Got to see a Black MCA 6 banger last night!-black-plastic-mirror.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/7/10 at 03:49 PM.
Old 5/8/10, 01:22 AM
GT Member

[QUOTE=wannabe;5863653]I like that little bit of rake. I've also decided that I like pretty much ALL the front treatments except the big fogs high on the GT. I just can't get used to 'em even tho they've been that way since forever. QUOTE]

I have to say the exact opposite; the single most distinctive, important, historical, significant, identifiable, sexy and mean feature of the recent Mustangs is the fogs in the GT grill. Any and every other itineration is lacking without them (except the Bullitt.) These add-on billet grills SCREAM cheap aftermarket.
Old 5/8/10, 05:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Kevindust;5864335]
Originally Posted by wannabe
I like that little bit of rake. I've also decided that I like pretty much ALL the front treatments except the big fogs high on the GT. I just can't get used to 'em even tho they've been that way since forever. QUOTE]

I have to say the exact opposite; the single most distinctive, important, historical, significant, identifiable, sexy and mean feature of the recent Mustangs is the fogs in the GT grill.
I know they're distinctive... that's why I mentioned you can tell what's coming a mile away in another thread. I just don't like 'em. Never have.

Last edited by wannabe; 5/8/10 at 05:07 AM.
Old 5/8/10, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Off topic, but does anyone know why the hell they reduced the Shelby stripes?!?!? The car in this pic is SICK besides those puny stripes!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...item5ad94982fd
According to the SVT staff, The narrow stripe was a tribute to the narrow stripe used on the GT40 when racing during 1966. The narrow stripe is exclusive to the Shelbys optioned with the SVT performance package only. Regular GT500's get the standard width stripe found on the 2010 Shelbys. Hope that helps.