The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Got my 2011 VIN today !!!!!!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/got-my-2011-vin-today-481618/)

mfbris 3/26/10 01:43 PM

Got my 2011 VIN today !!!!!!!

Just got an email form my local Ford Dealer with my VIN for my 2011 GT.
I ordered it back on Feb 14.
Can not wait much longer !!!!!!

:woohoo:

stangfoeva 3/26/10 01:47 PM

Cool :nice:

cdynaco 3/26/10 01:54 PM

Awesome! You're getting close:

What are all the different Production Stages, and what do they mean?
Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.
When the order is received from the dealers

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.
When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.
When they figure what week that parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to build the vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.
When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.
When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle
Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping
Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant
Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle
Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

2010MustangGT 3/26/10 01:58 PM

:nice:

Tho I hope everyone that ordered a 2011 doesn't give us the play by play on all 9 stages...
:shame:

stangfoeva 3/26/10 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT (Post 5835522)

Tho I hope everyone that ordered a 2011 doesn't give us the play by play on all 9 stages...

You bet I will! :jester:

No, seriously

IT_Guru 3/26/10 02:27 PM

Well mine is now in Bucked status, build date of 3/30 still and a now shows an ETA of 4/10(was 4/4, so maybe this is more realistic of a date)

I'm really hoping that they stick to that date, I'd love to be one of the first to get one!

Falchion 3/26/10 02:31 PM

Congrats! I haven't heard anything on mine yet. :shame:

cdynaco 3/26/10 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Guru (Post 5835541)
Well mine is now in Bucked status

Them horses will do that now and again... :-D

05stangkc 3/26/10 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT (Post 5835522)

Clearly you were not around in 2004 We had plenty of that waiting for the then New 2005. It's all good!:nice:

KC

orange3.9stang 3/26/10 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by mfbris (Post 5835516)
Just got an email form my local Ford Dealer with my VIN for my 2011 GT.
I ordered it back on Feb 14.
Can not wait much longer !!!!!!

:woohoo:

Great news, Welcome to TMS forums !!

Doug

Bigjohns97 3/26/10 03:47 PM

**** dude i ordered mine back in late january and I still can't get a VIN, my dealer really sucks, wish i would have gone somewhere else.

fritzOSU03 3/26/10 03:50 PM

I'm starting to think I messed up by waiting to order mine until 3/20.:shame:

05fordgt 3/26/10 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 (Post 5835569)
I'm starting to think I messed up by waiting to order mine until 3/20.:shame:

Hey James, did your dealer order your car Retail under the program? If so, your gonna get your car, you just may have to wait another month. It all works out in the end. Just remember, the early cars that dealers changed from retail to stock, these are the cars that will be severily quality checked and may take a few extra weeks to a month extra to reach dealers as they make sure they are all sound before shipping.

I waited 6 months for my car. Trust me, in the end its all worth it. :nice:

05fordgt 3/26/10 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97 (Post 5835567)
**** dude i ordered mine back in late january and I still can't get a VIN, my dealer really sucks, wish i would have gone somewhere else.

Hey bud, I'm sorry for your problems your having! Let me know if you have any questions. :nice:

fritzOSU03 3/26/10 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 5835608)
Hey James, did your dealer order your car Retail under the program? If so, your gonna get your car, you just may have to wait another month. It all works out in the end. Just remember, the early cars that dealers changed from retail to stock, these are the cars that will be severily quality checked and may take a few extra weeks to a month extra to reach dealers as they make sure they are all sound before shipping.

I waited 6 months for my car. Trust me, in the end its all worth it. :nice:

I'm not exactly sure of the difference. I went into my dealer on Saturday morning, gave them a Z-Plan pin, and ordered exactly what I wanted. They claimed that I was the first person to order the 2011 Mustang from their location. Does that help?

You're right on, quality is always worth waiting for!

montreal ponies 3/26/10 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5835560)
Clearly you were not around in 2004 We had plenty of that waiting for the then New 2005. It's all good!:nice:

KC

I remember those times. And in the end, i never bought one. Go figure.
To OP, good for you buddy. :nice:

Source 3/27/10 10:44 PM

Sorry to bump this thread, but I checked my e-mail today and received this from my sales person:
Our records indicate that the vehicle order has already been received by Ford Motor Company and is awaiting selection by Computer Order Selection (COS) for submission to the plant.

Should I be worried that they just e-mailed this to me? lol I ordered back in feb

fritzOSU03 3/28/10 01:50 PM

Ok guys, I looked at some of my papers from my dealer and I have a priority or 40. Should I be concerned about this being such a high number? I understand lower to be better but does 40 have some other meaning having ordered with a z-plan pin? They said I was the first to order from their location.

DontShoot 3/28/10 02:29 PM

I heard a high priority number from someone else; there are dealers that start their numbers higher than other dealers. Don't know why, really. I guess it allows them more room to order other models.

David Young 3/28/10 04:21 PM

I just ordered my V-6 on March 17th from a very large Ford dealer and have a priority number of 10. I think its just a dealer thing and really doesn't mean too much.