2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

is this a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/13, 05:28 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by johncarlopang
This is how the transaction will be "Hey it is in amazing condition! clean title (car loan with no delinquencies) and car fax. I can send what pics you need to see and then we can roll from there. I am off today (Tuesday) if you want to meet somewhere public and check it out. If you love it, which there is no doubt, once payment is made, I pay off my loan which is almost exactly $18,000, I will have the title within 7 days and then can hand that baby over to you". - any suggestions?
I'm surprised most people skipped over this...I've never bought a used vehicle, but I'm sure there's an official way to make the exchange. There's no way in hell I would give him $18,000 to pay off the car, and rely on his word that he'll give you the title when he get's it. Again...No...****ing...way.
Old 7/26/13, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
No I got 23 city 31-33 highway before mods on my '12 V6 I had. Even after I added 3.55 gears I still got decent mpg.

Pshhtt... All of you V6 owners laugh at me at the pump! I'm lucky if I get 300 miles on a tank... My heavy foot is most likely to blame! I do average 20-21 MPG
Old 7/26/13, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dkmcclelland

Pshhtt... All of you V6 owners laugh at me at the pump! I'm lucky if I get 300 miles on a tank... My heavy foot is most likely to blame! I do average 20-21 MPG
I have a heavy foot to tho, lol. Gas milage goes down during those times!

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 7/26/13 at 04:47 PM.
Old 7/26/13, 04:07 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by dkmcclelland

I'm right there with you. My V6 averages 19-20mpg on the highway and 14-15mpg in the city.

Last edited by stupidgenius36; 7/26/13 at 06:22 PM.
Old 7/26/13, 07:17 PM

Am i gonna have problems with manual transmission in time compared to an automatic transmission?
Old 7/26/13, 07:43 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Am i gonna have problems with manual transmission in time compared to an automatic transmission?
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...But with a manual I think you'll need service more often, but it will be cheaper. Whereas an auto will last longer, but be more costly to repair. However, this all depends on the amount of abuse each transmission has been put through...I wouldn't hinge a purchase on transmission service, unless you already know it has problems.
Old 7/26/13, 08:14 PM

more often? why?
Old 7/26/13, 08:15 PM

i think the seller is honest. this is the ads

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-V6-performance-package-2011-v-6-yellow-blaze-glass-roof-performance-package-new-tires-/300939447597?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4611638d2d&vxp=mtr#section-vehicle-glossary
Old 7/26/13, 08:25 PM
Just Plain Rude!

more often? why?
Wearing out the clutch. Again, usually from abuse or not knowing how to drive. With an auto, you just put it in drive and go...so it's a little harder to mess that up.

It still just seems shady to me...something about selling a car and not even mentioning that he doesn't own it.*

*I'm on my phone, but I didn't see anything about it on the eBay ad...
Old 7/26/13, 09:48 PM

but he's active in this foru since he bought the car. check thos out
https://themustangsource.com/f726/he...b-baby-489259/
Old 7/27/13, 02:07 AM

Can someone pls help me. Will i regret getting a manual transmission 2011 stang? Im reading feedback about the shifting problems.
Old 7/27/13, 07:21 AM
Cobra Member

Can someone pls help me. Will i regret getting a manual transmission 2011 stang? Im reading feedback about the shifting problems.
As long as you like the car, there's nothing wrong with it, and given the guy is willing to sell it to you for 18k. Go ahead and buy it. You can see the 'Stangs I've had/have in my sig block and that doesn't include my wifes '07 GT. I have never had any problems tranny wise with any of our 'Stangs. We also don't abuse them. So like I said before. If you get the car checked out and everything is good. BUY IT! Its a good deal.
Old 7/27/13, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...But with a manual I think you'll need service more often, but it will be cheaper. Whereas an auto will last longer, but be more costly to repair. However, this all depends on the amount of abuse each transmission has been put through...I wouldn't hinge a purchase on transmission service, unless you already know it has problems.
+1 Personally, I find the MT82 more sensitive than the automatic. Not saying it's not reliable, but like with anything else if you take care of it, it'll give you no trouble...
Old 7/27/13, 07:56 AM
GT Member

If the car is still under warranty any issues with the transmission will be covered.

On another note, buying a car from a private seller that still has a loan against it is a little more tedious. I flew 1,200 miles to buy my GT for $27k -- It's all about letting the banks deal with the money and having a good gut feeling about the person you're dealing with. Like everyone else has said if sounds to good to be true, it most likely is.
Old 7/27/13, 10:49 AM

When you say "Abuse" what do you mean by that? i plan using it for everyday use 80miles back and forth to work daily...
Old 7/27/13, 10:50 AM

im going to take a look the car on sunday. will you list the most important to check ?
by the way this is the the ads on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-V6-performance-package-2011-v-6-yellow-blaze-glass-roof-performance-package-new-tires-/300939447597?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4611638d2d&vxp=mtr#ht_1805wt_1165
Old 7/28/13, 06:02 PM
GT Member

When you say "Abuse" what do you mean by that? i plan using it for everyday use 80miles back and forth to work daily...

I am not trying to be offensive, but I think the search function would help you a lot. We can't buy this car for you, and we can't tell you nothing will ever happen to the car, but if you drive it like it's supposed to be driven, and not drop the clutch, slip the clutch, drive it like a bat out of hell then it will last you a long time. There's nothing wrong with driving aggressively, but you've got to respect the car.

It's like with a Honda, Honda's are known for their reliability, but if you don't maintain it it won't last. The same goes for a Mustang. Most cars these days are built to drive well over 100,000 miles if they are maintained properly. Follow the manual, do things pro-actively like changing brake fluid, oil, clutch fluid, transmission fluid, rear diff fluid and things at the proper intervals (Don't ask what these are, just search for them) and this car will last you a long time.

Now if the current owner maintained it in the time he's owned it, that's something I can't tell you. I had my car inspected at the Ford dealership in Michigan where I flew to for around $100. The car is looked at from head to toe for anything out of the ordinary. I bought my GT with 5,800 miles, and I now have 11,350 miles.

All this said, I really hate to be the guy to say it but save me or anyone else going with you and test driving the car and getting it inspected ourselves, we can't answer every question you've got. All we can do is give you our opinion and tell you what we've experienced with our Mustangs. That said, I've had no major problems out of my car. Yes, the transmission is a little notchy when it's cold, and the drive train is not as quiet as say a Lexus, but it hauls ***, gets great fuel economy for a V8 and will last me a very long time.

You'll get more confident the more cars you own, trust me! It will all work out! :thumbsup:
Old 7/28/13, 09:08 PM
Cobra Member

^Compeltely agree!! You need to just go ahead and make the best decision for you. Get that inspection done as it will help you know what your getting in to and give you the warm fuzy about buying the car. Don't worry about what to check for the dealership will check everything.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 7/29/13 at 05:52 AM.
Old 7/29/13, 04:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I have this car in a 2012 in Sterling Gray. No tranny problems so far, but there are plenty of posts where people do. I would consider adding the Ford extended warranty which you can do before the 3/36 expires I believe.

I don't think this is too good to be true. He has it valued about right. It's got a decent amount of miles and very little left before the 3/36 part of the warranty expires.

The V6 PP is a fun little car. Test drive it and get your inspection. Arrange to pay at the bank and get your title or substitute with your payment. Good luck!
Old 7/29/13, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by KC3333
I have this car in a 2012 in Sterling Gray. No tranny problems so far, but there are plenty of posts where people do. I would consider adding the Ford extended warranty which you can do before the 3/36 expires I believe.

I don't think this is too good to be true. He has it valued about right. It's got a decent amount of miles and very little left before the 3/36 part of the warranty expires.

The V6 PP is a fun little car. Test drive it and get your inspection. Arrange to pay at the bank and get your title or substitute with your payment. Good luck!
+1 this!!

Quick Reply: is this a good buy?