Okay so how i have it so far:

2012 Mustang Premium V6
Black on black
Manual
Black billet grill
Optional rear valance
3.31 rear diff

What im curious about is,

1. The optional rear valance, is it a Gt500 valance? Or just normal rear with bigger exhaust gaps?

2. The black billet grill, does any1 have a picture of it? Is it actually BLACK for 2012?

3. What other options should i look at? I love HIDs but itll cost me alot..

4. How much should i expect to pay on one of these? Out the door cost?

This is in Naples Florida, on X-plan. Naples is home to more mustangs than you can imagine, idk how thatll affect knockin down prices.

Keep in mind this is a strict budget.

Also,
Off topic, whats best way to remove tar off a vehicle? What chemical?
Old 6/24/11, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
37 people dont know or care
Old 6/24/11, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoFlo Mustang
37 people dont know or care
I care man! I know a guy with a black with a v6 performance package matte black stripes leather 6 speed. I would think around 24K optioned out how you would want it. There is a cool v6 splitter out there that would look good on it. get the performance package with the 19 inch wheels and all instead of HID lights. You can upgrade your bulbs and get more light, they won't look as cool as the HID but save you a ton. Hope that helps.
Old 6/24/11, 05:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by c0achmke

I care man! I know a guy with a black with a v6 performance package matte black stripes leather 6 speed. I would think around 24K optioned out how you would want it. There is a cool v6 splitter out there that would look good on it. get the performance package with the 19 inch wheels and all instead of HID lights. You can upgrade your bulbs and get more light, they won't look as cool as the HID but save you a ton. Hope that helps.
24 for an optioned premium (leather)?

And i was thinking against perf package because of its 4x4 lifted look. Use the money for a Saleen front end

And thanks, it does help!
Old 6/24/11, 05:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/ford/mustang-pricing/

Option it how you want and it will give you the sticker price and what people are actually paying. That should help you negotiate.
Old 6/24/11, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Thomas S
http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/ford/mustang-pricing/

Option it how you want and it will give you the sticker price and what people are actually paying. That should help you negotiate.
Ooh thank u.

With perf pack its sayin around 26k

Last edited by SoFlo Mustang; 6/24/11 at 05:33 PM.
Old 6/25/11, 04:52 AM

If you have your supplier code, go to www.fordpartners.com and build your car. It will give you your x-plan price... no need for guessing... benefit of X-plan. You just need to add taxes, etc. for your final price.

It also lets you see the x-plan price on dealer's inventory.

Good luck on your order.. waiting to find out when mine will be scheduled.

Lid Serra

Okay so how i have it so far:

2012 Mustang Premium V6
Black on black
Manual
Black billet grill
Optional rear valance
3.31 rear diff

What im curious about is,

1. The optional rear valance, is it a Gt500 valance? Or just normal rear with bigger exhaust gaps?

2. The black billet grill, does any1 have a picture of it? Is it actually BLACK for 2012?

3. What other options should i look at? I love HIDs but itll cost me alot..

4. How much should i expect to pay on one of these? Out the door cost?

This is in Naples Florida, on X-plan. Naples is home to more mustangs than you can imagine, idk how thatll affect knockin down prices.

Keep in mind this is a strict budget.

Also,
Off topic, whats best way to remove tar off a vehicle? What chemical?
Old 6/25/11, 04:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by lidserra
If you have your supplier code, go to www.fordpartners.com and build your car. It will give you your x-plan price... no need for guessing... benefit of X-plan. You just need to add taxes, etc. for your final price.

It also lets you see the x-plan price on dealer's inventory.

Good luck on your order.. waiting to find out when mine will be scheduled.

Lid Serra
Can i negotiate it down from x-plan?
Old 6/25/11, 05:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Can i negotiate it down from x-plan?
No. There is no negotiating with x-plan. Can you do better? Sure, sometimes. But I did a lot of shopping and an advertised price for the car and the otd price are often QUITE different. X-plan is a good deal, a fair price and incredibly hassle free.

Make sure you order a brochure to get the $750 private cash! It's not guaranteed but I got many of them.
Old 6/25/11, 05:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No need to try an barter with the X-Plan pricing. You already are sticking it to them. They Can NOT charge their STOOPID dealer fee's to ya. :-)

and +1 for the Performance Package, it's a lot more than just 19" wheels.

Last edited by FLAstangx3; 6/25/11 at 05:36 AM.
Old 6/25/11, 06:57 AM
Cur
V6 Member

Just join Mustang Club of America for $50 for a year and you can get an Xplan pin about a day after you join. Plus you get a pretty decent Mustang magazine

Plan on about 4-6 weeks before delivery (if you factory order one) submitting for the Ford $750 brochures. You can get them for anyone in your house (wife, daughter, son, etc) and they are transferrable within your household. Also, doing stuff like "J Smith" "John Q Smith" "JQ Smith" works within the same address too. I used different variation of my wife / mine / daughters names and got 6 brochures. Half of them had the coupon, interestingly, only the girls got them, mine didn't!

www.ford.com/brochures/
Old 6/25/11, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cur
Just join Mustang Club of America for $50 for a year and you can get an Xplan pin about a day after you join. Plus you get a pretty decent Mustang magazine

Plan on about 4-6 weeks before delivery (if you factory order one) submitting for the Ford $750 brochures. You can get them for anyone in your house (wife, daughter, son, etc) and they are transferrable within your household. Also, doing stuff like "J Smith" "John Q Smith" "JQ Smith" works within the same address too. I used different variation of my wife / mine / daughters names and got 6 brochures. Half of them had the coupon, interestingly, only the girls got them, mine didn't!

www.ford.com/brochures/
Cur, would you get that car in already?!?!
Old 6/25/11, 09:05 AM
Cur
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Cur, would you get that car in already?!?!
Dealer actually called me this morning saying it looks like it might show up early (next Friday), but Deysha and FCS 1-800 number have it on the 4th. I know who's word I'm gonna take (Not knocking my dealer, he just seems to be about a week behind in info)

If there was anything I could do to make it get here faster I'd be on that in a NY minute. But I can't, so I just prowl the forums while working on a Saturday Sucks that I'm gonna get the car around July 4th, and this next month I'm likely to be working 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day until around the first week of August when I'm taking a week or two off.

I'll just break it in on the drive to and from work so I can really hoon on it on the vacation!
Old 6/25/11, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

No. There is no negotiating with x-plan. Can you do better? Sure, sometimes. But I did a lot of shopping and an advertised price for the car and the otd price are often QUITE different. X-plan is a good deal, a fair price and incredibly hassle free.

Make sure you order a brochure to get the $750 private cash! It's not guaranteed but I got many of them.
Thanks for the answers!
I got the mustang brochure for 2011 and got that little sidebar that said "$750 off". Now should i order every1 in my house a 2012 mustang brochure? is that what you meant?

Do i pay for vehicle when i order it or when i get it in?

And Cur, congrats on th call from dealer!:P

Last edited by SoFlo Mustang; 6/25/11 at 09:15 AM.
Old 6/25/11, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

They will probably ask you for a deposit when you order the car. They asked me for $1k but I offered $500 and they took it. In my case it was fully refundable if I didn't buy the car so I'm not sure why you even have to do it but.... I'm not sure that's the case with all dealers.

Yes, order a 2012 brochure. But if I were you, I would wait until you place your order and get a VIN. I ordered mine the week I ordered the car and then was worried it would expire before I got the car. The dealer said they would honor it anyway but you never know. Thankfully that didn't happen. Generally they are good for eight weeks. I ordered another brochure 2 weeks before schedule delivery and got a new $750 offer that didn't expire until August so it is possible to get more than one but why fire that bullet too early?

One thing is to make sure of is that your dealer has an allocation for a Mustang. If not, it can extend your wait by a lot...
Old 6/25/11, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

They will probably ask you for a deposit when you order the car. They asked me for $1k but I offered $500 and they took it. In my case it was fully refundable if I didn't buy the car so I'm not sure why you even have to do it but.... I'm not sure that's the case with all dealers.

Yes, order a 2012 brochure. But if I were you, I would wait until you place your order and get a VIN. I ordered mine the week I ordered the car and then was worried it would expire before I got the car. The dealer said they would honor it anyway but you never know. Thankfully that didn't happen. Generally they are good for eight weeks. I ordered another brochure 2 weeks before schedule delivery and got a new $750 offer that didn't expire until August so it is possible to get more than one but why fire that bullet too early?

One thing is to make sure of is that your dealer has an allocation for a Mustang. If not, it can extend your wait by a lot...
Ooh thank you. Ill have to check on that. Here in Florida they sell v6s like hot cakes, so i bet ill b fine.

And i will order a ton of brochures a week before i order.

How long is proccess of order to dealer?(like an average)
Old 6/25/11, 10:14 AM
Cur
V6 Member

Ooh thank you. Ill have to check on that. Here in Florida they sell v6s like hot cakes, so i bet ill b fine.

And i will order a ton of brochures a week before i order.

How long is proccess of order to dealer?(like an average)
Take a look at the dates in Jay's and my sig's to give you an idea of times. Like Jay said, make sure your dealer has an allocation for a Mustang, if not you could be waiting for quite some time.
Old 6/25/11, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cur

Take a look at the dates in Jay's and my sig's to give you an idea of times. Like Jay said, make sure your dealer has an allocation for a Mustang, if not you could be waiting for quite some time.
On Android app (no sig/location/age/etc), but once on a computer ill take a look
Old 6/25/11, 10:24 AM
Cur
V6 Member

On Android app (no sig/location/age/etc), but once on a computer ill take a look

Ahh Ok... I'll copy 'em here for you.

Here's mine so far:
Ordered 4/30/11
VIN 5/26/11
Sticker Online 6/3/2011
Build 6/8/11
ETA 6/29/11
ETA2 7/5/11
Delivered ???

Here's Jay's:
Ordered: 5/2/11
VIN: 5/23/11
Window Sticker: 6/3/11
Build (schedule): 6/9/11
Delivered: 6/15/11

ETA: 6/21/11

Hope that helps.
Old 6/25/11, 02:56 PM

I got a little over 3K discount on V6 Premium auto that is currently on order by using overstock.com : cars.overstock.com
And that was before the additional 1k Ford discount that went into effect 2 or 3 weeks ago. The dealer tells me that I would get this too if it is still in effect at the time of delivery.

Quick Reply: going to order a 2012 v6, need your help :P