The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/ford-stock-ownership-x-plan-pin-request-form-will-work-2010-mustang-475147/)

05fordgt 11/26/08 10:59 AM

Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!!

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't think my reply would generate that much interest, but it has. So I figured I would start a new thread, with a link to the pdf file that includes the form needed to get your very own X-Plan PIN number, and directions on how to do it. Now, keep in mind, this form works when you own the stock.

What you gotta do, is just open an account at any online stock site (Ameritrade, etc), and purchase a few shares (there is NO MINIMUM according to Ford), wait a few days for the transaction to go through. Once you own the stock, print out an account summary, showing that you own the stock. You fax it in, with the form I have provided below, following the instuctions on the 1st page of the link, and in as few as a few hours to a few days, you will have your own PIN number good for 1 year.

Keep in mind, the owner of the stock is the only one that can get the PIN. You can't put the car in someone else's name. I hope this helps some people save some $$$ on the 2010 Mustang (or any other Ford product for that matter). Glad to help everyone. Any questions, let me know. :nice:

P.S. Could a mod please sticky this topic. Can come in handy at ANYTIME for any forum member. Thanks again.

Boomer 11/26/08 12:59 PM

Jeff would you happen to know if this also works for Ford of Canada?

Treadhead 11/26/08 01:05 PM

You rock Jeff! Thanks! I just wish it was 2011 now so I could get my new Pony with a 5.0.:nice:

Treadhead 11/26/08 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 5694633)

Boomer, on the bottom of the second page it has a phone number and it says good for U.S. and Canada (refering to the phone number I suppose). SO I'm guessing it works up there too.

Boomer 11/26/08 01:14 PM

I'm an idiot...
Just looked at the 2nd page... has Zip/Postal Code
+ the phone number.

Thanks Jim

stangfoeva 11/26/08 02:29 PM

Definitely sticky this, as I will be using it. Thanks Jeff :nice:

05fordgt 11/26/08 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 5694633)

No problem guys and gals (never know who's checking the forums). Glad to help out. :nice:

05fordgt 11/27/08 08:23 AM

Could a mod PLEASE sticky this thread! :nice:

Boomer 11/27/08 09:30 AM

Sure

05fordgt 11/27/08 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 5695361)
Sure

Thanks Boomer!! I figured this will help members save some money when they get their 2010s. :nice:

Even Steven 12/2/08 08:44 PM

So if we buy Ford stock and it continues to plummet in value, will our losses be offset by the X-plan pricing on the car?

It would be pretty cool if I could buy 1 share of common stock and be eligible for X-plan pricing. Not much of a capital risk these days... but lucky for me that I get X-plan through my employer already!

05fordgt 12/2/08 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Even Steven (Post 5699325)
So if we buy Ford stock and it continues to plummet in value, will our losses be offset by the X-plan pricing on the car?

It would be pretty cool if I could buy 1 share of common stock and be eligible for X-plan pricing. Not much of a capital risk these days... but lucky for me that I get X-plan through my employer already!

Well, if you buy it at its price today (which closed at $2.40 or something like this), and it goes down to $1.30, you really aren't losing much. Its not like your buying it at hundreds of dollars and it drops to $5 or something like this. And yes, you can buy just 1 share if you want. That is what the lady told me. NO MINIMUM TO BUY!! But again, isn't it worth spending $25 on stock to save around $600 or more depending on what dealers will be selling these for? Its a good idea, and it works. :nice:

sgt d 12/5/08 08:49 PM

will the discretion be on the dealership if they will sell it at the x plan pricing? meaning specialty vehicles.

05fordgt 12/5/08 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by sgt d (Post 5701705)
will the discretion be on the dealership if they will sell it at the x plan pricing? meaning specialty vehicles.

No, the availibility of X-Plan being vaild on Specialty vehicles is on Ford. For example, the Shelby GT can be bought on X-Plan, but the GT500 cannot. Its whatever is on the stipulation list. :nice:

Even Steven 12/6/08 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt (Post 5699431)
Well, if you buy it at its price today (which closed at $2.40 or something like this), and it goes down to $1.30, you really aren't losing much.

Just to clarify for the members who may not understand stocks:

If you buy it today (at $2.40/share) and it goes down to $1.30/share and then sell, you are losing about 50% of your money. So to say you aren't losing much depends upon how much you invested.

If you bought just one share of stock at $2.40/share and sold at $1.30/share, you're only losing $1.10 (plus commissions). But if you bought 10,000 shares ($24,000) and sold at $1.30/share, you'd lose $11,000 plus commissions. So I wouldn't say you aren't losing much. You're losing almost 50% of your money no matter how you look at it.

48prerunner 12/6/08 07:11 AM

I bought my 2008 mustang with an x plan worked great cause you can tell dealer well i can go anywhere and get the same price, plus you still get any incentive ford is offering on top or it so you dont have to choose like they are advertising now. But I have heard of afew people who got better than x plan price but it is very rare. oh and i didnt ave to buy stock

05fordgt 12/6/08 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Even Steven (Post 5701915)
Just to clarify for the members who may not understand stocks:

If you buy it today (at $2.40/share) and it goes down to $1.30/share and then sell, you are losing about 50% of your money. So to say you aren't losing much depends upon how much you invested.

If you bought just one share of stock at $2.40/share and sold at $1.30/share, you're only losing $1.10 (plus commissions). But if you bought 10,000 shares ($24,000) and sold at $1.30/share, you'd lose $11,000 plus commissions. So I wouldn't say you aren't losing much. You're losing almost 50% of your money no matter how you look at it.

But your only losing money if you want to dump the stock ASAP! I have Ford stock and I'm in for the long-term, as I'm only 32. Another thing, I said what I said, because for a few $$$ spent, you can get X-Plan, and the cost isn't much to do so RIGHT NOW. I wasn't telling anyone to buy 10,000 shares. Heck, I said point blank, that there is NO LIMIT on how many shares you have to own to get X-Plan.

Oh, and Steven, you won't be losing money, when Ford stock goes back up, as you have already see it do. Tell the person who bought it when it was $1.67 a share, and now its almost double that. Ask him/her if they lost money! Look at this in a positive way Steve, instead of a negative. I'll spend $25 to get X-Plan and make an easy deal, even if I wind up losing my $25 initially, IF the stock drops. But you gotta be nuts to buy the stock, and dump it a day or two later after you get the PIN. Hang onto it for a while. Its going back up and will continue to do so.

Even Steven 12/6/08 08:34 PM

No arguments there... but keep in mind what you said earlier:

Well, if you buy it at its price today (which closed at $2.40 or something like this), and it goes down to $1.30, you really aren't losing much
That's a false statement. You are losing approximately 50% of your money, and maybe even a bit more than 50% of your money when you add commissions. Now, 50% of $5.00 isn't much money in my book, but 50% of $10,000 is "a lot" of money to most people.

And while it is true that you only have a paper loss until you actually sell, if the company tanks completely, you can lose every dollar you have invested, whether or not you're in it for the long haul. If the risk didn't exist, EVERYBODY would be jumping on the stocks of the Big 3. Think about it.

05fordgt 12/7/08 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Even Steven (Post 5702250)
No arguments there... but keep in mind what you said earlier:

That's a false statement. You are losing approximately 50% of your money, and maybe even a bit more than 50% of your money when you add commissions. Now, 50% of $5.00 isn't much money in my book, but 50% of $10,000 is "a lot" of money to most people.

And while it is true that you only have a paper loss until you actually sell, if the company tanks completely, you can lose every dollar you have invested, whether or not you're in it for the long haul. If the risk didn't exist, EVERYBODY would be jumping on the stocks of the Big 3. Think about it.

I started this thread to help people save some cash on a new vehicle purchase by buying a few shares (i.e 1 SHARE AT MINIMUM) to get an X-Plan PIN number. A process VERY FEW knew about!! I never said to purchase thousands of shares and sell it off as soon as you get your PIN number! Your reading into this WAY TOO MUCH!! You buy one share at $2.75 and it drops 50% and you sell (if you sell, which is silly to), you lost your few dollar investment! BIG DEAL! You saved well over that on the car purchase. :nice:

Even Steven 12/8/08 07:07 AM

Yes, that was nice of you to inform people of a great way to get X-plan pricing. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But at the same time, I think it's important to inform people that they can lose money if they buy Ford stock. If they buy 1 share then they are not risking a lot of money. But if they decide to invest in a lot of shares, then they can lose a lot of money. That's all I'm saying... To suggest otherwise could potentially hurt someone financially.