2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

A few minor "issues" with the 11' GT

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/10, 01:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't have a timing belt, if it's a soft ticking you are hearing it's the injectors, I heard them in my car too they are just loud is all, take it to the dealer with a nice list.

Last edited by fdjizm; 10/6/10 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10/6/10, 01:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdjizm
You don't have a timing belt, if it's a soft ticking you are hearing it's the injectors, I heard them in my car too they are just loud is all, take it to the dealer with a nice list.
Thanks for your reply. I think it was it was pretty loud, not it's just there. I believe it's the injectors as well, so I doubt it's anything serious.

So my only issues right now, are the Shaker 1000 and the gear noise. I will probably run the list by the dealer and see if they agree that everything is normal. When you spend 40k you expect not to worry so much. I know with mustangs that's not the case but I love the car
Old 10/6/10, 03:50 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jacostang
Sorry I live in Phoenix and the last thing I wanted was Heated seats...
lol in phoenix heated seats just happen.
Old 10/6/10, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Don't worry about the 1-2 shift being a bit hard, i experience the same once in a while when shifting at low rpm's, it seems to get better as the rpm's get higher.
I do have a tune with skip shift removed and that hasn't done anything to smooth out 1-2 shifts.
Old 10/6/10, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont want to be a jerk but I have trouble taking ssimaniac seriously. Even his "old" mustang had major issues. He says he settled with Ford under the lemon law in VA. But the law states that the car had to have been in the shop 30 days in the first 18 months of ownership and the lawsuit must be filed in those same 18 months. I dont know....seems fishy.
Old 10/6/10, 07:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
How are your heated seats guys? Does it feel just like meh, you notice it on but it's not THAT warm. Just lukewarm. The back is fine, I can feel it more than under my butt. I mean it's there, just not as strong as I thought it would be.
My heated seats toast the ol' buns quite well.
Old 10/6/10, 07:57 PM
GT Member

I am experiencing the engine ticking, this is something I will be living with and if its not gone by 10000 miles or gets any worse, im taking it in.

The whining noise you are hearing are those 3.73's. I have them and especially through 1,2,3 gear I can hear it. I dont think this is an issue unless you can hear it screaming when just cruising along.

There is a slight rattle in my glove box area also whenever Im going over kinda bumpy roads. Still havent found what this is.

My transmission has been butter smooth since day 1...don't really know what to say about that. I will say one thing though, 1st-2nd with 3.73 gears is bound to be rough. It is at times in mine, especially when turning. I imagine this is due to the necessity of synchronizers in the tranny designed to handle high rpm shifting
Old 10/7/10, 07:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by falhulk
I dont want to be a jerk but I have trouble taking ssimaniac seriously. Even his "old" mustang had major issues. He says he settled with Ford under the lemon law in VA. But the law states that the car had to have been in the shop 30 days in the first 18 months of ownership and the lawsuit must be filed in those same 18 months. I dont know....seems fishy.
I never stated I settled under lemon law...Get your facts right.
Old 10/7/10, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon
The whining noise you are hearing are those 3.73's.
I have 3.73's and no whining at all.
Old 10/7/10, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

I really don't notice any sound either. The closest I can say is that it seems the sound from the rear axle is slightly different around 2000 RPM. Might just be my imagination though, or it could be something completely different related to harmonics and road conditions at that speed.
Old 10/7/10, 10:41 AM
GT Member

How are your heated seats guys? Does it feel just like meh, you notice it on but it's not THAT warm. Just lukewarm. The back is fine, I can feel it more than under my butt. I mean it's there, just not as strong as I thought it would be.
I have an '11 Escape, also with the single speed heated seats. The Escape heaters work much better than my 'stang's, which aren't as warm as my MKZ's 2-speed seats were on low.
Old 10/7/10, 01:07 PM
Banned

I guess if everyone else is reporting same results as mine, that's normal by Ford. I wish they were a bit warmer, especially now that colder days are coming. It just seems to be there, but considering it's a sports car it should be fine.

As far that gear whine, I don't really think it's the gears. Whether or not I'm am accelerating or decelerating it has no impact on it. It's constantly there as long as the wheels are spinning. When I stop, the sound stops. When the rear seats are folded down, you can hear it pretty darn well. I think it's just from the rear axle and from the low profile tires spinning. I kept researching on everything else and everyone seems to reporting same issues. I'm thinking these are just normal quirks and we will have to get used to them.

Originally Posted by CG205
I have an '11 Escape, also with the single speed heated seats. The Escape heaters work much better than my 'stang's, which aren't as warm as my MKZ's 2-speed seats were on low.
Old 10/7/10, 08:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CG205
I can corroborate your say with the Escape seats getting very hot.
Old 10/7/10, 10:38 PM
GT Member

ssimaniac,
Could your whine be from the fuel pump?
Old 10/7/10, 11:54 PM
Cobra R Member

As far that gear whine, I don't really think it's the gears. Whether or not I'm am accelerating or decelerating it has no impact on it. It's constantly there as long as the wheels are spinning. When I stop, the sound stops.
get dealership to check ring and pinion and point out you want backlash set correctly.........
Old 10/8/10, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

My mercury mariner had better heated seats than my mercury milan

My truck seats get hotter than the milan

They all vary
Old 5/21/11, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

FYI, I dug this up to show that ssimaniac is lying in more then a few threads about lemon lawing his previous mustang...
Old 5/22/11, 08:05 AM
DCS

Originally Posted by falhulk
FYI, I dug this up to show that ssimaniac is lying in more then a few threads about lemon lawing his previous mustang...
He may just be unaware what the Magnum-Moss Warranty Act is.

About 6 months ago I sued Ford for damages, under the Magnum-Moss Warranty Act. I settled with Ford for cash.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_Law
Lemon laws are American state laws that provide a remedy for purchasers of cars in order to compensate for cars that repeatedly fail to meet standards of quality and performance. These vehicles are called lemons. The federal lemon law (the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) protects citizens of all states. State lemon laws vary by state and may not necessarily cover used or leased cars. The rights afforded to consumers by lemon laws may exceed the warranties expressed in purchase contracts. Lemon law is the common nickname for these laws, but each state has different names for the laws and acts. Federal lemon laws cover anything mechanical. The federal lemon law also provides that the warranter may be obligated to pay the prevailing party's attorney in a successful lemon law suit, as do most state lemon laws.

ssimaniac, you're right. Someone should get their facts right.

Last edited by DCS; 5/22/11 at 08:09 AM.
Old 5/22/11, 08:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Another thread doing nothing constructive whatsoever.
Old 5/22/11, 04:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
I have 3.73's and no whining at all.
Ditto

Quick Reply: A few minor "issues" with the 11' GT