2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Exhaust systems?

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/10, 01:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by assasinator
405rwhp is plenty for this car as a DD. EVERYONE who adds a few basic bolt ons and a tune wil break 400rwhp.
This is mainly a personal trait for the car. I guess that's why I mentioned Axle back in the beginning, not really looking to add power, just bad-a$$ sound.
Old 5/13/10, 05:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rk2112
I emailed Borla and they are in R&D now and said they should have something released within the next few weeks.
I'll probably receive the press release the day of...

I'll contact Gibson & Dynomax today. MBRP & JBA won't likely have something 'til SEMA time...

Other than factory upgrades, Borla (normally the OE supplier) & Magnaflow are always the fastest to market.

I am also working on opening SLP, Zoomers & Pypes accounts, not sure what my pricing will be like. Hoping I can get a similar discount to my Borla & Magnaflow pricing.
Old 5/13/10, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir
I'll probably receive the press release the day of...

I'll contact Gibson & Dynomax today. MBRP & JBA won't likely have something 'til SEMA time...

Other than factory upgrades, Borla (normally the OE supplier) & Magnaflow are always the fastest to market.

I am also working on opening SLP, Zoomers & Pypes accounts, not sure what my pricing will be like. Hoping I can get a similar discount to my Borla & Magnaflow pricing.
Sweet, I am patient.

The way I am going through money right now, my GT gets further and further from me ordering it. At one time it was going to be this month, then maybe June/July, then September, now maybe December. At this rate I'll be catching year end specials on the 2011! Which actually sucks, I really didn't want my trade in to depreciate too much. Oh well.

I hadn't thought of Gibson and JBA, It's been a while since I got into these things. Used Gibson headers and Magnaflow exhaust on my '93 Silverado.
Old 5/13/10, 08:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Sweet, I am patient.

The way I am going through money right now, my GT gets further and further from me ordering it. At one time it was going to be this month, then maybe June/July, then September, now maybe December. At this rate I'll be catching year end specials on the 2011! Which actually sucks, I really didn't want my trade in to depreciate too much. Oh well.

I hadn't thought of Gibson and JBA, It's been a while since I got into these things. Used Gibson headers and Magnaflow exhaust on my '93 Silverado.
What, why settle for a 2011, get a 2012. That's likely what I will do. Although holding out for a 2014 also might be a good idea. Either way. I am staying with the stock exhaust. I enjoy sticking my foot into it too much to broadcast it to every ticket writer around.
Old 5/13/10, 09:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Used Gibson headers and Magnaflow exhaust on my '93 Silverado.
Which still didn't make it any faster, it's a box and weighs near 2.5 tons!

Originally Posted by MuddyLX
What, why settle for a 2011, get a 2012. That's likely what I will do. Although holding out for a 2014 also might be a good idea. Either way. I am staying with the stock exhaust. I enjoy sticking my foot into it too much to broadcast it to every ticket writer around.
Hmmm, I am up for any good ideas at this point.

Last I remember you are from Oklahoma, there are way too many rednecks and showboats in that state, I see your point. Oklahoma-Love to hate it, can't get rid of it. Oklahoma State grad.
Old 5/13/10, 09:55 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by assasinator
a X will make it a lot louder just because of how they work.

x pipes also make more power than an H.

X-pipe does make more power than an H-pipe but are quieter not louder, X-pipe redues the decible level.
Old 5/13/10, 10:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I might stay stock as well. I put some Flowmasters on my 08 GT and they're kind of loud.

Now, that cold air iintake on the 2011 doesn't look so good, maybe I'll change that out?

Originally Posted by MuddyLX
Old 5/13/10, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
X-pipe does make more power than an H-pipe but are quieter not louder, X-pipe redues the decible level.
I can vouch that this is generally a true statement.

I think an X-pipe between the cats and the resonators (if that's what they are; never seen a resonator that was ahead of a muffler) would be a good, cheap hp improvement though. Looking at one of the "where's my car?" threads there's a good picture of the bottom of an auto GT. The tubes appear to really neck down for the H section, then enlarging a bit again into the "resonators". Someone's bound to make a bolt-in replacement soon enough.
Old 5/13/10, 04:19 PM
Cobra R Member

I made a separate post for Gibson. They will need a R&D car in the Corona CA area.

Received word from Borla, they have started R&D, awaiting final fitment

Dynamax...

Anyone in Huntsville, ON Canda with a 2011 Mustang? (MBRP)

JBA should have something soon... more info to follow
Old 5/14/10, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir
I made a separate post for Gibson. They will need a R&D car in the Corona CA area.

Received word from Borla, they have started R&D, awaiting final fitment

Dynamax...

Anyone in Huntsville, ON Canda with a 2011 Mustang? (MBRP)

JBA should have something soon... more info to follow
Do you know when Corsa may have something available?
Old 5/14/10, 11:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by rk2112
Do you know when Corsa may have something available?
No, sorry I do not. I hope to have something set up with them soon.