2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Ex 08 and New '11 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/10, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take good care of my future trade in for me.
Old 5/26/10, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Karpro
Take good care of my future trade in for me.
Well you know it will not have many miles on it Paul.
I will never go to another dealer than Van Botrel ever again. Wife is drooling over that SHO still.
Old 5/26/10, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Thanks guys. The '11 is just so more refined than the '08. It is just way ahead of the '08 in every category. The power is great but as others say it is lacking in torque down low but hopefully a tune will take care of that in the future. Its an auto so it only has 3.15 gears which can make a difference down low as the '08 had 3.31's. I think it could do a lot with the smoothness of the engine and the quite cabin also. As we all know this is just the best GT i have ever owned or drivin in. I have had a '01 and '08 but have drivin in almost every generation Mustang at one time or another. This car just seems so solid and the quality is excellent.
The rear looks so much better in person than in pics. Put the '08 and '11 side by side and even with the GT500 rear spoiler the '08 is very bland and the whole car just looks so much bigger than the '11.
I will like to add a chin spoiler, GT500 rear spoiler for starters but all the plastic do hicky's that looked good on the 05-09 just do not look good on this car as i have seen a few '10's with the louvers and such.
Ill post better pics when i get a chance.
Congrats!! And great photos, too. You make a good point re the the 2010/11's looking better in person than photos. The 2010/11's have so many curves and angles that a one-dimensional photograph really doesn't do it justice. The older Mustang's lines are simple, by comparison, and is easier to photograph. In person, however, the 2010/11's styling is drop-dead gorgeous to my eyes.

I also agree re the "plastic do-hicky's" (LOL) on the 2010/11's. The car has so many curves and lines already that most tack-on's don't flow right with the car's styling. This is the first Mustang that really doesn't need a whole lot of tack-ons to make it look good.
Old 5/26/10, 09:11 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Awsome car man.
Yes the 05-09 looks so much more dated. Not BAD Looking, but the new car just looks better and more attractive.
Old 5/26/10, 09:13 AM
V6 Member

What's missing is the shot from both rears! I have to wonder if the 11's backside will hold up as well to the 08's.

It is obvious seeing side by side how the black molding on the bottom does as Ford says, and makes the 11 look leaner, but I have to say, the 08 looks more muscular!
Old 5/26/10, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ttillub
What's missing is the shot from both rears! I have to wonder if the 11's backside will hold up as well to the 08's.
I was thinking the same thing, where is the rear comparison or did we want to avoid that in this thread

IMO the 05-09's design is timeless and of course it looks dated, it looked dated when it came out but that is the beauty of it's design and it's simplicity.

Congrats on the new 5.0. That thing could look like a camaro and it wouldn't matter because it has the new 5.0 But either way it does look sweet, nice ride. Enjoy!
Old 5/26/10, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the only Mustang rear that is perfect is the '68 fastback. Other than that they can all use help.
Old 5/26/10, 10:42 AM
Cobra Member

I think this one i will just keep stock and see what the next Gen looks like. If i do not like it then do some modding. If it becomes a 2 seater sports car that looks more like a vette than a retro inspired Mustang i will just keep the '11 and mod it.
I was going to say, that if your the type of person who likes to upgrade every couple of years, you should consider leasing instead of buying.

Enjoy that hot new Stang!
Old 5/26/10, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well you know it will not have many miles on it Paul.
I will never go to another dealer than Van Botrel ever again. Wife is drooling over that SHO still.
Van Bortel is awesome! Went in today and found out my car is very, very close in shipping...might just be down the thruway...*fingers crossed* hope it comes within the next week since my current car just literally blew a hole out the side of the engine block...lol.

I highly recommend Van Bortel to anybody as well. Honest people and an awesome price. I didn't buy my car from Paul since I knew about them before even finding this forum, but my sales person was fantastic too. It's the simple things like them being so in touch with their customers that they recognize you before you do them...lol. I walk in there and my salesperson immediately knows my first and last name without me even needing to say anything and he has my paperwork readily available with info. In fact...even Paul came up and introduced himself to me and recognized me from these forums even before I even knew who he was and we've also never met in person...I was a bit confused at first... He also helped with info. That was impressive Paul with you recognizing me without ever speaking a thing in person. It was nice meeting you today too.

I also didn't realize that the 750 coupon could be used with the 500 rebate as well...so that made my day too!

Last edited by db2797; 5/26/10 at 06:30 PM.
Old 5/26/10, 07:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Joe, didn't you noticed a Sterling grey 5.0 in the showroon of out on the lot !
Old 5/26/10, 08:24 PM
GT Member

I'll be honest, both cars are hot. To me, the GT looks like the upscale version exterior at first glance in the pictures to me. But I know the interior of the 5.0 version is the more upscale of the two from being in the two. I'd take either one.

I think the rims on the older one might be swaying my opinion, though. Those are reeeeally sharp. I might not be saying that if they were on the newer one. Classic.

Plus, I could be biased since I don't own one of the newer style.

So, do you own both?