2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Eibach's 2011 Mustang suspension vs stock (video)

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/10, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach's 2011 Mustang suspension vs stock (video)

Eibach posted a video showing the performance differences between their Pro Plus kit (springs and sway bars) and the stock setup. There's no doubt a performance difference, but I've heard it rides pretty rough. Anyone have this system?

The video...

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2010/1...n-system-test/
Old 12/21/10, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

very cool
Old 12/21/10, 03:41 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Nice video
Old 12/21/10, 04:08 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by David Young
Nice video
Off-topic but, David, did you film your 0-60 Youtube video on Laurel Road by chance?
Old 12/21/10, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am an Eibach dealer, I can sell that kit. I feel we can do better (and have been doing that for a while). I offer options. I will work on getting that kit up on the the website, but that will take some time.

I see they *finally* went to an adjustable rear bar, we've had one for quite a while now...

I do think the springs are stiffer than many will prefer for ride. Sorry, but you don't more than double spring rate and keep a nice ride. Also that's just asking more and more from the stock dampers. I prefer a more moderate spring setup for street cars. And I personally like a car you can really lean on, and 25mm type bars are a bit too much. In fact on my GT, I went down from the 24mm solid to my Adjustable 22mm and now I can lean on the car hard and trust it. But it doesn't understeer. And between the adjustments on the front and rear bar you can find balance.

There are no shortage of options for the car, that's for sure. As always I'm happy to talk over those options with you guys. And unlike many places I do try and carry a variety of parts so that you guys have a good variety of things to choose from--including Eibach, but also Steeda parts, and my own stuff (bars not springs). Also a large variety of dampers.
Old 12/21/10, 10:59 PM
GT Member

That sure was a good video. THAT's how you sell gear!
Old 12/22/10, 09:15 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Excellent video but too bad they didn't use a manual car for the comparison. I would like to see the numbers from the Eibach kit on a manual compared to a Brembo pack equipped car and see what the difference is. I bet they are very close plus with the Brembo car you get the better brakes, shocks, wheels and tires.
Old 12/22/10, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Excellent video but too bad they didn't use a manual car for the comparison. I would like to see the numbers from the Eibach kit on a manual compared to a Brembo pack equipped car and see what the difference is. I bet they are very close plus with the Brembo car you get the better brakes, shocks, wheels and tires.
Exactly. It's tough to call when the better Mustang already exists. Though I like that this car had the ability to oversteer with control. So it seemed. It would be nice to see this kind of thing with many of the manufacturers parts. Paper specs can only do so much.

With that spring rate, it sure does seem a bit much. Though I liked how flat the car was, it does seem like it would be super stiff.

I think Sam brings up a good point about how his car is set up. To each their own as to how you want your car to handle and feel. My Civic has some lean in around corners but I can keep pushing it without a fear of the car under-steering too much, our BMW is a flat line, like this Eibach car. I am just not sure what I like just yet. That's the dilemma.

Anyway, this was pretty cool.
Old 12/22/10, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

There will be folks that buy Eibach because of the name. Then there are folks that actually look at details and are willing to consider that options exist that might work better for their needs.

Strano Performance Parts isn't company that is known around the world like Eibach. However, I'm very focused on these cars. I own one (and have owned more than one). And I compete in them. I'm also available for you to talk to, and will explain why I do what I do.

Also, I don't just sell "my" parts. In fact I make very few products on my own--and only do so when I feel I can do a better job than what's around already. But I do carry lots of brands, so I have flexibility in choosing parts for a setup. Eibach is one of those brands, but far from the only one. I'll add that I do also have a 25mm tubular/adjustable rear bar as well, but I don't market it because it's generally too large. But you guys want one, I've got you covered there as well.

Video's are great for marketing. I'm not rich, so my stuff is generally limited to in-car stuff during competition or cut together things that I do with a friend of mine. But it is marketing and there are definitely holes in the information you are getting there as well as some of the presumed testing procedures.

Things I immediately noticed:

Comparing brake dive: When they show you stock they show you the car stopping and then the nose coming to a rest. But on their kit they cut that last bit off (because while dive is a little less, it's still there and noticeable). Smart editing.

The skidpad: That's a joke. First, it's bumpy, at one point they drive over a drain. And it's dirty, look at the dust fly. Later runs will be faster simply because of a cleaner surface. And if you watch you'll see the "eibach" runs are made on a different line, avoiding that drain and there is much less dust.

The slalom: Again, you see the car enter on stock suspension, but when they cut to the kit, you don't see that... and as any autocrosser can tell you if you change the entry of a slalom it will effect the rest. And watching the slalom it's clear to me that they could have done better with the car bone stock. Too much distance on cones, turning too late, etc. Want an example to compare??? Well, here are some vids of me driving, and you can see how much closer to cones I get.

Mustang related: http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php?VideoID=7
From a Corvette: http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php?VideoID=12

Those are cars I setup..... Because of rules, both have only different fronts swaybars, and Koni shocks. Neither car is on stiffer or lowered springs, or have more rear swaybar.

Anyway, to continue.

How about alignment? We know that lowering a car gains negative camber, did they set the camber back to OEM specs????? More negative camber helps front end grip.

Ask questions, be a skeptic... everyone believes their parts are the best (or thinks they can convince folks of that). I'm not different. The thing is I look at the details, just see what I've pointed out here, and those are things I discuss with customers.

And finally, I'll once again point out that this isn't because I'm anti-Eibach, I sell Eibach products along with my stuff and many other brands. But there is more to the right parts than the name.
Old 12/22/10, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

nice videos sam
Old 12/22/10, 01:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I won't quote Sam's entire post but that's what I like about this site and dealing with the specific shops that deal with the vehicle you are looking to use. Sam has a lot of experience with the Mustang, it should be obvious to ask him questions.

My biggest thing about companies like Eibach are the quality of the product for your application. Sure the shoe fits but does it work to your advantage? Eibach is a very mass production company making many parts for many cars. You can't build that many parts and not loose a little bit of real development on the specific application of your car. Kind of like ok, if we know that the car needs a stiffer spring, then we find out the size we need, the spring rate possible, slap our name on it and BAM! There's your product.

Nice videos Sam and great points too.

I think given the OP's intentions, this was decent to see though.
Old 12/23/10, 03:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sam strano
There will be folks that buy Eibach because of the name. Then there are folks that actually look at details and are willing to consider that options exist that might work better for their needs.

Strano Performance Parts isn't company that is known around the world like Eibach. However, I'm very focused on these cars. I own one (and have owned more than one). And I compete in them. I'm also available for you to talk to, and will explain why I do what I do.

Also, I don't just sell "my" parts. In fact I make very few products on my own--and only do so when I feel I can do a better job than what's around already. But I do carry lots of brands, so I have flexibility in choosing parts for a setup. Eibach is one of those brands, but far from the only one. I'll add that I do also have a 25mm tubular/adjustable rear bar as well, but I don't market it because it's generally too large. But you guys want one, I've got you covered there as well.

Video's are great for marketing. I'm not rich, so my stuff is generally limited to in-car stuff during competition or cut together things that I do with a friend of mine. But it is marketing and there are definitely holes in the information you are getting there as well as some of the presumed testing procedures.

Things I immediately noticed:

Comparing brake dive: When they show you stock they show you the car stopping and then the nose coming to a rest. But on their kit they cut that last bit off (because while dive is a little less, it's still there and noticeable). Smart editing.

The skidpad: That's a joke. First, it's bumpy, at one point they drive over a drain. And it's dirty, look at the dust fly. Later runs will be faster simply because of a cleaner surface. And if you watch you'll see the "eibach" runs are made on a different line, avoiding that drain and there is much less dust.

The slalom: Again, you see the car enter on stock suspension, but when they cut to the kit, you don't see that... and as any autocrosser can tell you if you change the entry of a slalom it will effect the rest. And watching the slalom it's clear to me that they could have done better with the car bone stock. Too much distance on cones, turning too late, etc. Want an example to compare??? Well, here are some vids of me driving, and you can see how much closer to cones I get.

Mustang related: http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php?VideoID=7
From a Corvette: http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php?VideoID=12

Those are cars I setup..... Because of rules, both have only different fronts swaybars, and Koni shocks. Neither car is on stiffer or lowered springs, or have more rear swaybar.

Anyway, to continue.

How about alignment? We know that lowering a car gains negative camber, did they set the camber back to OEM specs????? More negative camber helps front end grip.

Ask questions, be a skeptic... everyone believes their parts are the best (or thinks they can convince folks of that). I'm not different. The thing is I look at the details, just see what I've pointed out here, and those are things I discuss with customers.

And finally, I'll once again point out that this isn't because I'm anti-Eibach, I sell Eibach products along with my stuff and many other brands. But there is more to the right parts than the name.
Excellent information!