2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Different part #'s for CS front fascia?

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/11, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Different part #'s for CS front fascia?

I was debating on this mod for a while now and wanted to order the parts, but found that the Ford Accessories site has two different part numbers listed for the GT/CS front fascia conversion, BOTH are priced the same.

Here are the listings:

BR3Z-17626-AA
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~BR3Z_17626_AA

BR3Z-17626-AB
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~BR3Z_17626_AB

First I thought that one may be with fog lights, which would make no sense in regards of same pricing. On both descriptions it states that the fog light kit is available separately (which I don't want/need anyhow).

Any thoughts on this???
Old 1/2/11, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2011 GT
I was debating on this mod for a while now and wanted to order the parts, but found that the Ford Accessories site has two different part numbers listed for the GT/CS front fascia conversion, BOTH are priced the same.

Here are the listings:

BR3Z-17626-AA
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~BR3Z_17626_AA

BR3Z-17626-AB
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~BR3Z_17626_AB

First I thought that one may be with fog lights, which would make no sense in regards of same pricing. On both descriptions it states that the fog light kit is available separately (which I don't want/need anyhow).

Any thoughts on this???
I noticed that too, but judging on the difference in price it seems to me that one is the actual fascia and the other is the piece of plastic that goes between the fascia and the underside of the engine. You actually need BOTH pieces.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 1/2/11 at 12:43 PM.
Old 1/2/11, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Looking at the descriptions for both part numbers, they are identical. The only difference is the the AB instead of the AA at the end of the part number.

Both parts appear to be the fascia insert, as offered as a dealer install option when ordering the car.

So I'm pretty sure that you will need only one OR the other... just wondering which one is the correct one.

I may have to call them tomorrow!
Old 1/2/11, 12:59 PM
Banned

Looking at the descriptions for both part numbers, they are identical. The only difference is the the AB instead of the AA at the end of the part number.

Both parts appear to be the fascia insert, as offered as a dealer install option when ordering the car.

So I'm pretty sure that you will need only one OR the other... just wondering which one is the correct one.

I may have to call them tomorrow!
See in the above diagram where it has a grey square and it says "17626B" next to it? It points to the air shield underneath.

I think you need both.
Old 1/2/11, 01:04 PM
FR500 Member

EDIT: Sparky beat me to it.

Last edited by PTRocks; 1/2/11 at 01:13 PM.
Old 1/2/11, 03:26 PM
GT Member

Take it for what it is worth, but I am looking to do this mod to my car, and I spent a crap load of time yesterday digging through a bunch of threads on different message boards. Everyone who has ordered the complete setup (valance, fogs, pigtails) has used the BR3Z-15200-AA part number. And when it comes in, it is completely assembled in the box, foglights and all.

Last edited by ScottH; 1/3/11 at 12:58 PM.
Old 1/2/11, 03:41 PM
Banned

This is what I get:

BR3Z-17626-A* is the valence. ie the part you see.

ie:
BR3Z-17626-AA
BR3Z-17626-AB
BR3Z-17626-AC (not a real part ...yet) etc are the same part just different series ie minor engineering changes.

The BR3Z-17626-AA part lists for around $195

BR3Z-17626-B* is the air/splash shield. It lists for about $75

If they re-engineer that part the number would be BR3Z-17626-BB

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 1/2/11 at 03:42 PM.
Old 1/2/11, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you might want to look at this... http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...nt-Valance-Kit

It's the kit i'm gonna get
Old 1/2/11, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Onelildude
you might want to look at this... http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...nt-Valance-Kit

It's the kit i'm gonna get
The price for the parts is about right but the $135 for flat rate shipping is high. You could probably get that for the $400 shipping in right from the dealer.
Old 1/2/11, 04:25 PM
3rd Times A Charm

You want the AA kit. You don't need the skid plate.
Old 1/2/11, 04:37 PM
V6 Member

Gents - I'm a new guy to this forum who has gathered a lot of info just by reading. I saw this thread and thought it was my turn to contribute.

My 5.0 is due to arrive within the next two weeks, and I actually have some parts ready for when the car to arrives sitting on the floor of my home office.

One of those parts is the CS front fascia. I was looking for the complete fascia with fog lights and wiring harnesses. The correct part directly from ford is actually BR3Z-15200-AA

You can see it here Complete CS Front Fascia

The site does say fog light kit, and the parts guy at my dealership said it was just fog lights, but when it is arrives it is everything you need. Front fascia with fog lights installed and new wire harnesses. It retails for about $350. There are also a few threads on another forum where guys have ordered the part number I mentioned and recieved the complete kit.

I hope this helps...
Old 1/2/11, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by jrs817
Gents - I'm a new guy to this forum who has gathered a lot of info just by reading. I saw this thread and thought it was my turn to contribute.

My 5.0 is due to arrive within the next two weeks, and I actually have some parts ready for when the car to arrives sitting on the floor of my home office.

One of those parts is the CS front fascia. I was looking for the complete fascia with fog lights and wiring harnesses. The correct part directly from ford is actually BR3Z-15200-AA

You can see it here Complete CS Front Fascia

The site does say fog light kit, and the parts guy at my dealership said it was just fog lights, but when it is arrives it is everything you need. Front fascia with fog lights installed and new wire harnesses. It retails for about $350. There are also a few threads on another forum where guys have ordered the part number I mentioned and recieved the complete kit.

I hope this helps...
What he said, that is the part I ordered and will be here next week, I got the part number off of another thread where he took a picture of the part number on the part even.
The other is just the Fascia without the fog lights.
Old 1/2/11, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Siber Express
What he said, that is the part I ordered and will be here next week, I got the part number off of another thread where he took a picture of the part number on the part even.
The other is just the Fascia without the fog lights.
That's good to know for the whole kit. Haven't decided if I want the fog lights yet, personally.
Old 1/2/11, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can anyone post a pic of the foglight assembly uninstalled? I'm wondering if it's possible to "retrofit" a projector into the fog housing for about half the price...
Old 1/2/11, 07:14 PM
V6 Member

I have the complete kit which already comes assembled, but I took pics from the top, front and back. Hopefully they help.
Attached Images    
Old 1/2/11, 07:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
The price for the parts is about right but the $135 for flat rate shipping is high. You could probably get that for the $400 shipping in right from the dealer.
LMR is on the high side, especially on shipping. I haven't had a chance to check my local dealers with it being Sunday, but so far, this is the cheapest I have found it. $293.16 + $30 shipping...

http://www.lombardfordaccessories.co...TOKEN=22960937

Gonna call around to a couple of my local dealers tomorrow and see if they are any better. The $323 shipped from Lombard Ford in my link above is going to be tough though beat.
Old 1/2/11, 08:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottH
LMR is on the high side, especially on shipping. I haven't had a chance to check my local dealers with it being Sunday, but so far, this is the cheapest I have found it. $293.16 + $30 shipping...

http://www.lombardfordaccessories.co...TOKEN=22960937

Gonna call around to a couple of my local dealers tomorrow and see if they are any better. The $323 shipped from Lombard Ford in my link above is going to be tough though beat.
I paid $261.75 for mine with my Brothers Body Shop discount and no shipping charges. So there is some room for the dealer to come down more.
Old 1/3/11, 04:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Way too many freakin' part numbers! I most definitely do NOT want the fog lights, as I want to keep my factory installed "grille fogs". I'm also planning to install the optional break duct kit to the fascia. So the fogs are out...

I recall when I first looked at the fascia mod, there was only one option available at the accessorizer on Ford's site, but of course I can't recall which one of the two it was.

Also: When I checked yesterday, the price was different from today (about 15 hours ago), which was different from Friday. Is Ford changing the prices like the gas prices now???

Thanks for everyone's reply so far!

Last edited by 2011 GT; 1/3/11 at 04:28 AM.
Old 1/3/11, 09:26 AM

Also: When I checked yesterday, the price was different from today (about 15 hours ago), which was different from Friday. Is Ford changing the prices like the gas prices now???
Most likely; as petroleum prices rise, the price of most, if not all, petroleum products, such as plastic, rise in kind. I'm sure that Ford is increasing the price in conjunction with the manufacturers price increases.

Last edited by nite; 1/3/11 at 09:28 AM.
Old 1/3/11, 12:15 PM
Cobra R Member

The part I ordered was: BR3Z-17626-AA. If you want to- double check with a service department member from your dealership. Or call these guys, as they're a pretty big name in OEM online parts. http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/

Quick Reply: Different part #'s for CS front fascia?