Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Checking in: How's your S197 experience so far? I still love mine 7 years later!

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/17, 10:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
Yep, It's been going down hill for a while.
Sadly I agree reaper. I just took a look at the bottom of this forum section, and it shows 4 members and 431 guest. If we could just get some of the guest to step up, and join maybe the forum would pick up momentum again.
The following users liked this post:
TheReaper (10/23/17)
Old 10/23/17, 11:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert
unfortunately I think most of the activity is moving to FB . . . which I hate; I can never find anything the second time in there; I find this interface much easier to work with and find things
Yep. I work in advertising and my main client is a very well known automotive supply company, and this is something we talk about a lot. Forums are basically used by people 35+ and everybody younger tends to use YouTube the most, as well as Facebook and even Reddit. I would venture to say YouTube has hurt forums as much as anything.
Old 10/24/17, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
My first mustang I started out with a 2006 GT convertible. I ended up loosing it to financial problems after 2008.
I have a 2006 mustang GT V8 manual coupe, I bought 4 years ago. This is my second mustang and I drive it allot. This has 79,000 miles on it.
I also have a 2014 V6 Premium (glass back) I got less then a year ago. This is my third mustang and we use it on the weekends. My daughter drives my wife around in it often wherever they go. This has 57,000 miles on it.
Both were bought used for about 15500 apiece and both are solid cars.
I like having a car that I can haul 4 people in. There is plenty of head room in the back seat of both.
When I got the 2014 I looked at the 2016 and 2017 but passed on the opportunity. There was not much headroom.
I love both of the cars. I have many dreams of what I would like to do with my 2006.
I'm always thinking of things that could be done to the 2014 also.
Old 10/28/17, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Hey there, I'm a bit late to the thread, but here is what I think.

After 4 years of owning the car I still absolutely love it! It has put a smile on my face every single day, and I've enjoyed it more and more with every mod. On the street it still looks good, sounds great and gets all sorts of love. Not to mention making clouds of smoke and getting off the line fast when I need it to.

On the track it's faster than most other cars. There are literally just a handful of cars which can beat it drivers being even. It has been taking the abuse well, and it's been a reliable experience for me so far. I do wish for a nicer interior though.

Waiting to see what the '19-'20 cars look like since the S550 is about as sexy as a tuna in a can.
The following 2 users liked this post by 5.M0NSTER:
danimal15 (11/5/17), MRGTX (11/2/17)
Old 11/5/17, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Still happy with my 2011 GT, which I took delivery of in Sept. 2010. It remains fun to drive in an old-fashioned way with the stick and RWD.

The car has a few minor dents and scratches which are visible if you know where to look (most people don't notice but it bothers me).

I've noticed a little wear on the leather passenger seat, which is odd because I almost never carry a passenger. The car only has 17,000 miles and is still fun to drive, and it's never had any mechanical problems, although I'm told there's a minor engine leak which my mechanic told me isn't worth repairing (he just said keep an eye on the oil levels).

However, the car just failed an emissions test, which is kind of weird.

One more thing: As I drive this car I appreciate more and more the absence of a distracting stand-up screen on the dashboard. My wife's new car has one of those, and so did a rental Mustang I had last year. They're ugly and unnecessary. No screens for me!

Last edited by danimal15; 11/5/17 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11/6/17, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal15
However, the car just failed an emissions test, which is kind of weird.
What was the failure for? Do you have a CEL?
Your car obviously sits a lot. By any chance was the battery disconnected just prior to the test?

Otherwise, it's good to hear that you still like the car...the thing has so few miles on it that it's probably worth getting the blemishes cleaned up!
Old 12/13/17, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My 2014 is a love/hate. Ford has still not fixed the transmission (automatic) so every time it does its flare between 5 and 6, I feel like driving it into a lake and going and buying a Honda. Now the accessory is cutting off when I am parked at my sons school picking him up, so the stereo just cuts off, then back on when the ket is in the accessory position. Of course, Ford will blame Pioneer (after market stereo because the original one sounded worse than a 1987 Yugo with one speaker), and Pioneer will blame Ford, so I get to sit in silence and be thankful that someday I will rid myself of Ford, and never buy another one. This one just has to last me a few more (maybe 12.5) years until I am ready to buy another non-Ford car. But it looks good, has lots of power, and I think overall it's a pretty solid car. I work at a shipyard so I hate to buy another car until absolutely necessary because it's not ideal conditions to try to keep a car clean and protected from the elements.
Old 12/13/17, 08:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal15
. . .
One more thing: As I drive this car I appreciate more and more the absence of a distracting stand-up screen on the dashboard. My wife's new car has one of those, and so did a rental Mustang I had last year. They're ugly and unnecessary. No screens for me!
small tangent rant: I absolutely hate the new touch screen systems that are being used in many new cars these days. If I wanted to design a confusing and distracting device to be difficult to use while driving, I don't think I could do much better than these touch-screen HVAC and radio controls, etc. Maybe it is because I get to try them in rentals and don't have enough time to get used to them, but they are a major distraction for no benefit that I can see.

You shouldn't have to pull over and study a menu system and in order to turn on the defroster!

Every time I get in an old car with the old simple *****, slides, and buttons, I go "ahhhh, this is such an improvement!"
Old 12/16/17, 03:45 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
You shouldn't have to pull over and study a menu system and in order to turn on the defroster!

Every time I get in an old car with the old simple *****, slides, and buttons, I go "ahhhh, this is such an improvement!"
---
IMO, if the vehicle has redundant controls, it allows for either choice, and I like that, a lot. My 2011 GT Premium has that...the touch-screen (which is fine, BTW), and ****/buttons. It gives the user (dumb 'ol me) the choice to use one way, the other way, or especially BOTH ways, and that is an intelligent system. And, I like it.
wanted33 (12/19/17)
Old 12/19/17, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
small tangent rant: I absolutely hate the new touch screen systems that are being used in many new cars these days. If I wanted to design a confusing and distracting device to be difficult to use while driving, I don't think I could do much better than these touch-screen HVAC and radio controls, etc. Maybe it is because I get to try them in rentals and don't have enough time to get used to them, but they are a major distraction for no benefit that I can see.

I thought the same thing at first Bert. But, after a little time and study I like the one in my F-150. I've set the electronic HVAC, and just leave it alone. It takes care of the defrosting without me having to do anything. Pretty handy in my old mind. The only thing it doesn't do is turn on the rear defroster, but that's no biggie. The biggest aggravation is at times is the nice SYNC lady just can't understand my southern accent.
Old 12/20/17, 12:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
. . . I've set the electronic HVAC, and just leave it alone. It takes care of the defrosting without me having to do anything. . . . . The biggest aggravation is at times is the nice SYNC lady just can't understand my southern accent.
The automatic system in my wife's CR-V drives me absolutely out of my mind, it is constantly doing things that I don't want it to do. Maybe if I just went with it and let it do it's thing we might get along better . . . my wife tells me I am a control freak but I say I just want stuff to work right . . .

And the Sync lady has trouble with my yankee accent too! Which is strange because I really didn't think it was that bad, LOL

OK, back on point: I like the HVAC controls in my 2010 Mustang, just modern enough but also simple and obvious
wanted33 (12/21/17)