The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   bye-bye! Cottage land, here I come! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/bye-bye-cottage-land-here-i-come-531375/)

JoeMidnight 6/27/14 10:29 AM

bye-bye! Cottage land, here I come!

heading up to cottage land for the week with the family and am parking the mustang in my garage!

won't be around for the week! behave everyone and don't forget to sing Kumbaya!:D

VidPro 6/27/14 10:47 AM

Garage people!:mad:

JoeMidnight 6/27/14 11:46 AM

yes sir! i only wish that i could detail it before I leave. won't have time though:( at least i'll protect it from bird poop!

White2010 6/27/14 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by VidPro (Post 6821263)
Garage people!:mad:

lol Heck my 2014 is garage kept. It's a daily driver, but when I get home in the garage it goes. Much better for the car in the long run I recommend it to everyone if at all possible.

Glenn 6/27/14 07:20 PM

I can check up on your ride while your gone... I'll just need your address.

rmurer 6/28/14 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight (Post 6821257)
heading up to cottage land for the week with the family and am parking the mustang in my garage!

won't be around for the week! behave everyone and don't forget to sing Kumbaya!:D

wh...why was this post needed? :fear::fear::fear:

JoeMidnight 6/28/14 06:57 AM

why not? I've seen sillier things posted on the forum... besides, ill have forum withdrawals while were away :confused:

Thamac15 6/28/14 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by rmurer (Post 6821544)
wh...why was this post needed? :fear::fear::fear:

I concur.

lakeguy77 6/28/14 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm also up in cottage country. But my Mustang came with me. Its going to live outside for a couple weeks, but gets regular washes. :) My sister and her family are in from Vancouver and using my other car while here so it was Mustang or walk, and I didn't want to be away from her for so long hahaha.

Attachment 192376

xtc.inc 6/28/14 03:49 PM

Why own a nice car with no garage, makes no sense to me.

Thamac15 6/28/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by xtc.inc (Post 6821699)

"Nice" is subjective and debatable. I've seen wealthy people treat a Lexus LFA like I'd treat a 96 Toyota tercel.

xtc.inc 6/28/14 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Thamac15 (Post 6821703)
"Nice" is subjective and debatable. I've seen wealthy people treat a Lexus LFA like I'd treat a 96 Toyota tercel.

Either-way, if you dont have a garage you are a peasant :D

lakeguy77 6/28/14 05:32 PM

I do own a garage, but not at my cottage.

laserred38 6/28/14 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by xtc.inc (Post 6821710)

Yeah I'm a peasant...I'm not a rich bastard though :rofl2::rofl2:

FromZto5 6/29/14 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6821725)
Yeah I'm a peasant...I'm not a rich bastard though :rofl2::rofl2:

Or a douchebag? Lol

TripleBlack14 6/29/14 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Not everybody owns a home/condo that has a garage. The lack of a garage shouldn't prevent someone from owning a great car. It just takes a lot more effort to care for it while it's outside. And I'm sure it's worth the effort.

I've lived in my house for 18 years, and the garage never, ever saw a car. Storage, shelving, an 8' X 2' workbench, all sorts of things in a very small space. It was a dirty, cluttered and disorganized mess.

Right after I retired in April I knew I was getting a '14 GT 'vert....didn't know when, where, or what color. But it was going to happen.

I spent a week and a half, 7 hours a day measuring, reconfiguring, stealing inches, and cleaning so that my as my yet-to-be determined Mustang could be shoe-horned into my tiny garage.

The biggest obstacle was my workbench that rested on 2 cabinets on casters. I still needed it, so I just downsized and hinged it to the passenger side wall. It folds down, and when in use it's supported by 2 heavy chains secured to the wall studs. You can see it in the picture.

My garage is hardly a thing of beauty, but when the Mustang is in it, it looks like a palace.

Tom

lakeguy77 6/29/14 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6821851)
Not everybody owns a home/condo that has a garage. The lack of a garage shouldn't prevent someone from owning a great car. It just takes a lot more effort to care for it while it's outside. And I'm sure it's worth the effort.

I've lived in my house for 18 years, and the garage never, ever saw a car. Storage, shelving, an 8' X 2' workbench, all sorts of things in a very small space. It was a dirty, cluttered and disorganized mess.

Right after I retired in April I knew I was getting a '14 GT 'vert....didn't know when, where, or what color. But it was going to happen.

I spent a week and a half, 7 hours a day measuring, reconfiguring, stealing inches, and cleaning so that my as my yet-to-be determined Mustang could be shoe-horned into my tiny garage.

The biggest obstacle was my workbench that rested on 2 cabinets on casters. I still needed it, so I just downsized and hinged it to the passenger side wall. It folds down, and when in use it's supported by 2 heavy chains secured to the wall studs. You can see it in the picture.

My garage is hardly a thing of beauty, but when the Mustang is in it, it looks like a palace.

Tom

Nice work. I originally test drove and nearly bought a 13 Mustang two years ago, but lived in a condo with no indoor parking. 6 months later I bought my house, and now this spring I put my Mustang in my garage. Its a double garage, and the Mustang fits next to my wife's Mazda3 just fine, but the previous owners had put in a big hideous monstrosity of 2x4 and plywood shelving across the back wall thats 4feet deep and 2/3 of the way across. Its also horribly inefficient. I want to rip that out and put in some cabinets and a workbench. I need to insulate the garage as well, and will need to get that junk out to do insulate that corner anyways.

TripleBlack14 6/29/14 08:13 AM

If I planned on staying in NJ, I'd have the garage floor acid etched and epoxied, new door and other cosmetic changes. Structurally I'm stuck with the small area though. I drive the car only in nice weather and prefer to leave the boot on and my garage allows me to leave the Mustang top-down and with a cover over it when it's not driven.

My game plan is to sell the house by April of next year and buy a condo in the Stroudsburg Pa area....with a garage, and if I'm lucky, a two car garage. Detailing a car is so much nicer when you're indoors.

Tom

laserred38 6/29/14 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6821824)
Or a douchebag? Lol

I can neither confirm nor deny that one :rofl:

Plim 6/29/14 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by xtc.inc (Post 6821710)

Wow.....