Search this Thread

Old 5/1/12, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always buy the best, and you'll always be satisfied
Old 5/1/12, 12:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha! Sorry I was thinking of SYNC for some reason. My bad. Just wait for the premium. The track apps are sweet and the display is fancy! Just whatever you get be happy with.

Last edited by Automagically; 5/1/12 at 12:27 PM.
Old 5/1/12, 03:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the_bottomless_pit
Is it worth the extra 4000
No..
Old 5/1/12, 04:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the 2012 Boss and the only thing it was missing that i missed was the Sync system i had in my 2010. Since this won't be my daily driver i am going with just enough goodies for inspired week-end driving. Really don't need all the technology goodies or the leather. Didn't have them in the Boss 302 either. All i wanted was Sync and now I'll have it
Old 5/1/12, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

I tried to find a deal on a base, even though I wanted leather. Quite frankly, I don't care about the other fancy stuff. Well, I ended up with a great deal on GT Premium. Happy with the purchase because Sync is awesome on a daily driver. However, don't know if it's worth the premium price if you are simply going to track the car and not use for your daily commute.
Old 5/1/12, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by R1V3R5
I tried to find a deal on a base, even though I wanted leather. Quite frankly, I don't care about the other fancy stuff. Well, I ended up with a great deal on GT Premium. Happy with the purchase because Sync is awesome on a daily driver. However, don't know if it's worth the premium price if you are simply going to track the car and not use for your daily commute.
Quite frankly, I am going to drive the **** out of it haha. This thing will be my DD/Track beast/cruiser/everything all in one car and I cannot wait

As much as I want a boss...Im not sure it is worth the extra 13G's when I can spend less than probably half that and get my car lowered with a intake and some other goodies...although there is something to be said about forged internals and adjustable suspension with a warranty from ford...this is the hardest decision EVER!

PS: i just got my $750 private cash offer from ford...so thats 750 more in favor of the base...

Last edited by the_bottomless_pit; 5/1/12 at 05:40 PM.
Old 5/1/12, 05:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by R1V3R5
On 2013 you can get Sync on the base model.
Old 5/1/12, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Quite frankly, I am going to drive the **** out of it haha. This thing will be my DD/Track beast/cruiser/everything all in one car and I cannot wait

As much as I want a boss...Im not sure it is worth the extra 13G's when I can spend less than probably half that and get my car lowered with a intake and some other goodies...although there is something to be said about forged internals and adjustable suspension with a warranty from ford...this is the hardest decision EVER!

PS: i just got my $750 private cash offer from ford...so thats 750 more in favor of the base...
Ditto.. I got rid of the Boss and ordered the 2013 replacement as a Base GT with track attack, Recaro and Tech pkg...x-plan pricing I'll come out close to $11k cheaper on the car alone..then another $10k down will make the payment real easy for a week-end cruiser/bruiser
Old 5/1/12, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Ditto.. I got rid of the Boss and ordered the 2013 replacement as a Base GT with track attack, Recaro and Tech pkg...x-plan pricing I'll come out close to $11k cheaper on the car alone..then another $10k down will make the payment real easy for a week-end cruiser/bruiser
I have xplan too

Being that you had a boss...what made you switch??? Do you feel you get just as much utility from the base as what the boss offered or is it just a matter of how much your payments are each month? Is the boss really that much better with the roadrunner engine?

My reasoning was: base with track pack/recaros/sync , just like we both ordered, is like a "boss lite"...about 90% (my opinion lol) of the boss for wayyyyy cheaper.

Last edited by the_bottomless_pit; 5/1/12 at 05:58 PM.
Old 5/2/12, 07:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have xplan too

Being that you had a boss...what made you switch??? Do you feel you get just as much utility from the base as what the boss offered or is it just a matter of how much your payments are each month? Is the boss really that much better with the roadrunner engine?

My reasoning was: base with track pack/recaros/sync , just like we both ordered, is like a "boss lite"...about 90% (my opinion lol) of the boss for wayyyyy cheaper.
I got rid of the Boss due to an oil consumption problem that I felt Ford did not address to my satisfaction. The car was a week-end driver anyways and I didn't feel like being bothered with having to take my car to Ford every 1k miles to get the oil level checked.... its a **** $45k car!!!

The 2013 with the Recaros and Track Attack Pack will give me as close to the Boss handling as I am going to get which is why I went this route.... at a lot less money PLUS I won't feel like I am devaluing this car when making mods like I did with the Boss.

Have you seen the new 2013 Roush front fascia?? Me like very much!!

I'm hoping I don't have any oil consumption issues with the 2013.....
Old 5/2/12, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ditto man , its hot!
Old 5/2/12, 08:19 AM
GT Member

I have xplan too

This was my thinking as well. EXACTLY.

GT + Recaros + Track Pack + X-Plan + $750.00 coupon + $500 cash back = Boss-on-a-budget! And then the peace of mind to modify without "messing with the Boss".

...just wish the **** thing would get here, already. Seems to be lost in transit someplace...
Old 5/2/12, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

No but my buddy works at roush, hopefully there will be one on my car in the near future im also going to snag some roush axlebacks too! cant wait to hear that thing roar!

also, thank you for serving our country!!!

Originally Posted by G8toGT
This was my thinking as well. EXACTLY.

...just wish the **** thing would get here, already. Seems to be lost in transit someplace...
I know, i put my order in 2/17...my build date is scheduled for 5/14...needless to say im pretty pissed at ford for this bogus wait. however, i am glad that my reasoning wasnt unfounded for my order, boss on a budget haha!

watching everyone get their cars is torture! hope yours comes soon!
Old 5/2/12, 10:18 AM
GT Member

I know, i put my order in 2/17...my build date is scheduled for 5/14...needless to say im pretty pissed at ford for this bogus wait. however, i am glad that my reasoning wasnt unfounded for my order, boss on a budget haha!

watching everyone get their cars is torture! hope yours comes soon![/QUOTE]

As of today, I HOPE to pick up my car this Saturday! However, as a former drill sargent once said to me, "Hope is NOT a strategy!"

...but hope's flame burns eternal and I know I can still HOPE for some good news from Deysha!
Old 5/2/12, 11:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G8toGT
"Hope is NOT a strategy!"
Great quote