2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

8 hours with the car and pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/12, 05:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well hopefully there are people they've helped. I'm sure there are. I like to just be grateful that they haven't had to help me.

The grass is always greener. The NYPD has one of the best crime fighting systems around and it's proven, it works, extremely well. Yet it's hated by some residents and a lot of cops too. Mostly
In the higher crime areas. Usually people
From good neighborhoods dont complain.

Go to a crime/gang/drug infested area and expect to get stopped for the slightest thing. Just the way the cookie crumbles.
Old 5/14/12, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
Well hopefully there are people they've helped. I'm sure there are. I like to just be grateful that they haven't had to help me.

The grass is always greener. The NYPD has one of the best crime fighting systems around and it's proven, it works, extremely well. Yet it's hated by some residents and a lot of cops too. Mostly
In the higher crime areas. Usually people
From good neighborhoods dont complain.

Go to a crime/gang/drug infested area and expect to get stopped for the slightest thing. Just the way the cookie crumbles.
Funny thing is; I don't just get pulled over. Cops here have a tendency to profile Japanese Imports before American Muscle. I'm not saying I'm 100% safe by any means but I know I've gotten tagged doing over the speed limit in my Mustang without any nuance from the local police. Maybe it's divine intervention too? :shrug:
Old 5/14/12, 05:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Take the break and run like a thief!!! Lol
Old 5/14/12, 05:34 PM
V6 Member

Please explain how they weren't doing their job without going into all different police stories. They pulled you over unjustly?? Temp tags are usually VERY haRd to read while moving, they cannot be run via computer, and they ARE used in a lot of crimes. This would give the police Reasonable
Cause/probable cause to affect a stop (or w/e your states equivalent is)
You were stopped by the Police doing their job, you even stated it was a gang infested area. STOP complaining about it and move on with your life.

As far as having a 60 year old woman in the car, you are suggesting that the police profile you based on age/gender of the occupants? So they should stop the 19 year old black male instead?!

I won't even get into the kids in the parking lot story. To you their not doing their job, that's all that seems to matter. They asked what u were doing there and you got annoyed. Apparently you have an issue with authority cause even the slightest interaction with police bothers u.
If you could get off what ever it is you are sitting on for a second and read what I wrote you might be semi conscious of what you are arguing. I never said it was a "gang infested area" I said they were in town for an Anti-gang task force. We were actually in one of the safer parts of town at this point.

It is absolutely not probably cause to pull someone over for what is the STATE ESTABLISHED licensing system. If I had been in any other state then the one that has such licensing practices then yes, that would be probable cause. BUT I WAS IN CALIFORNIA WITH A CAR TEMPORARILY LICENSED AS ALL NEW CAR PURCHASES IN CALIFORNIA ARE! This removes any reason for probable cause, I didn't make the laws, I was simply following them.

I have an issue with people taking a pay check for doing a job, but not having the ***** to do what they signed up for. I just finished 6 years in the military as an emergency responder and never once did I look for the cowards way in any situation. Nor did I simply bother people that had no reason to be bothered. I don't know where your hard on for cops is coming from, but it is clearly blind faith that they are all heroes. I can assure you they are not.
Old 5/14/12, 05:38 PM

I love all the speculation about how this was anything other than a power trip for a cop. We all teased them in school, so I guess it's fair. But traffic stops are strictly about 3 things: revenue, fishing, and power trips.
When the police get tired of being called names, they should try leaving innocent people alone. Think you can squeeze another decade of this 9/11 hero crap out of the public?
Old 5/14/12, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by u00mem9
I love all the speculation about how this was anything other than a power trip for a cop. We all teased them in school, so I guess it's fair. But traffic stops are strictly about 3 things: revenue, fishing, and power trips.
When the police get tired of being called names, they should try leaving innocent people alone. Think you can squeeze another decade of this 9/11 hero crap out of the public?
Cry me a river, You sound like every other d bag thats been caught doing something wrong and blames it on the police.

To the OP if you feel the cop was in the wrong file a complaint with his supervision.
Old 5/14/12, 07:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Wow someone with sense. File a complaint as be done with it, don't come to a mustang forum and cry like a baby. Go make a useful post.

9/11?!?! How did that get brought up?! If any of you guys were there or even cared to watch for a second you'd know what went on and wouldn't be such a hardass about people who lost friends and family. So leave that out of it.

And it's time for you to brush up on your laws and find out what can justify a stop. Obviously it is a LEGAL document since it's issue by the state. Real License plates are part of the "legal licensing system", Doesn't mean you CAN'T be stopped for something regarding your plate.

And I'm on no high horse or anything. You are just so one sided and going on and on about a traffic stop that you weren't even issued a summons for and your making such a big stink about it. It's gone to the point of talking about heroes and how they are not. REALLY? You're at that point over this?!?

You need to realize in the LE field, people that actually may have committed no wrong doing may be stopped.

I can't begin to even Imagine what youd do If you were stopped and maybe frisked for possibly fitting the clothing description of someone wanted for a crime.
I'm not saying the particular cop in your incident was a hero or was right or wrong. Just rather pointing out that there are things you DON'T know about the way things are done. You may feel u were stopped unjustly, doesn't mean U actually were and that the cop was wrong and that all cops are doing their job wrong because YOU feel that way.
Old 5/14/12, 07:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mikes5.0
Cry me a river, You sound like every other d bag thats been caught doing something wrong and blames it on the police.

To the OP if you feel the cop was in the wrong file a complaint with his supervision.
Actually, I found it more comical then anything. I think it is just a sad statement about where our law enforcement has gone. It was more comical then insulting because not six hours before being pulled over I was asked by two sheriffs to apply because they need people with my military specialty in this county. I bluntly told them no because police more often then not (in my experience) tend to abuse their power then to actually make an attempt at their job. I also make this statement in regards to both civil and military police...

I however despise blind faith in a flawed system, and people calling my mother an animal when they have very little grasp on the situation.
Old 5/14/12, 07:44 PM
V6 Member

Wow someone with sense. File a complaint as be done with it, don't come to a mustang forum and cry like a baby. Go make a useful post.

9/11?!?! How did that get brought up?! If any of you guys were there or even cared to watch for a second you'd know what went on and wouldn't be such a hardass about people who lost friends and family. So leave that out of it.

And it's time for you to brush up on your laws and find out what can justify a stop. Obviously it is a LEGAL document since it's issue by the state. Real License plates are part of the "legal licensing system", Doesn't mean you CAN'T be stopped for something regarding your plate.

And I'm on no high horse or anything. You are just so one sided and going on and on about a traffic stop that you weren't even issued a summons for and your making such a big stink about it. It's gone to the point of talking about heroes and how they are not. REALLY? You're at that point over this?!?

You need to realize in the LE field, people that actually may have committed no wrong doing may be stopped.

I can't begin to even Imagine what youd do If you were stopped and maybe frisked for possibly fitting the clothing description of someone wanted for a crime.
I'm not saying the particular cop in your incident was a hero or was right or wrong. Just rather pointing out that there are things you DON'T know about the way things are done. You may feel u were stopped unjustly, doesn't mean U actually were and that the cop was wrong and that all cops are doing their job wrong because YOU feel that way.
See the odd thing is, that you are reading text and getting a whiny tone from it. I was simply typing, I didn't even use smileys to infer any type of emotion so you are taking what you want from that.

If I can't talk on a Mustang forum about being pulled over within 8 hours of picking up my new MUSTANG, but the word "jelly" can be debated for pages, then perhaps I have mis-understood the topic of a Mustang forum.

If I had done something wrong and been pulled over (which has absolutely happened) I would not care.

Anywho, after speaking with my mother on the subject again, she doesn't recall a weapon on the young womans belt on the passenger side and thinks it was a "Safe stop" used for training, where she can garner some experience with little to no risk... my feeling on this matter is split.
Old 5/14/12, 08:00 PM
Cobra R Member

the reason for a mustang forum is to make useful posts about mustangs. Not talk about how you feel the countries LE is down the drain and corrupt. U may have had interaction with .00001% of LE officers.

If you don't mind me asking what was your MOS in the military and what branch.

And for some stats I have researched, LE officers dishonor their badges on less of a frequency then doctors, politicians, firefighters, lawyers, judges, etc. The police may be a lot less corrupt then u think.
Old 5/14/12, 08:04 PM
V6 Member

the reason for a mustang forum is to make useful posts about mustangs. Not talk about how you feel the countries LE is down the drain and corrupt. U may have had interaction with .00001% of LE officers.

If you don't mind me asking what was your MOS in the military and what branch.

And for some stats I have researched, LE officers dishonor their badges on less of a frequency then doctors, politicians, firefighters, lawyers, judges, etc. The police may be a lot less corrupt then u think.
Air Force, AFSC 3E8X1, better known as EOD. And you sir, you do what since we are exchanging pleasantries?

Well if we are to only make the absolute most useful posts about mustangs then this forum would be pretty quiet. Lets be honest here...
Old 5/14/12, 08:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Knowing more than two dozen cops, including one brother in law, I can honestly say that 99.9% are just normal people doing a job.

Funny thing though, if you start mouthing off to one, 100% will be more than happy to show you who is boss. Call it a power trip if you like, but if you start being abusive to a cop you're just begging him to harrass you.

In my 30 years of driving I've been pulled over dozens of times, and I've been pulled over for doing some insane things. Two examples would be getting pulled over for driving 105 MPH in a Honda Civic down LBJ Freeway (I635) in Dallas, and getting pulled over at 2 AM with 3 underage drunks in the car.

But being nice and polite goes a LONG way with cops. I was let go with just a ticket for the 105 MPH, and I was told to drive the kids home and then go home myself from the drunk teens. Both cases I could have easily gone to jail, but my attitude saved me.

Why?

Because deep down inside the one thing cops REALLY hate is paperwork. Give them an excuse to avoid the paperwork and 9 times out of 10 they'll let you go.

And for the record, I've been pulled over 3 times for "mistaken identity" calls. I "looked like" someone they were looking for. Again, a pleasant attitude, a little friendly banter, a quick DL check and I was on my way. A waste of 10 minutes of my time, but nothing worse than that.
Old 5/14/12, 08:50 PM
GT Member

This weekend a local yokel Sherrif in Macon GA decided that my 14 year old son was standing too close to the fence where both he and I were watching a soccer game. We actually were sitting in the first set of bleachers the entire game but went to the fence for all of 30 seconds to watch a corner kick. No signs stating to stay away from the fence. Just a regular small-time high school soccer field. Nothing special about it.

Well after we sat back down old Barney Fife repleate with ray ban aviators, ball cap and belt full of taser and 9mm decided to walk up and try to intimidate my son for "being too close to the fence". He got in my son's face and was out of line from the start. Didn't say crap to me even though I was stitting right next to my son. My son said yes sir and was very polite - he' a nice young man.

This did present me with an opportunity to teach my son about why you always try to avoid any conversations, confrontation or negative situations with police officers. They are just as human as the rest of us, and while there are bound to be jerks in every profession; unfortunately, I have run into more LEOs that are self-righteous ****** than level-headed professionals.

I'm a 48 year old Army retiree and after spending 25 years watching the injustices man inflicts on each other makes me a little jaded around bullies.
Old 5/15/12, 07:01 AM

I love how people are always "minding their own business" when they are pulled over. Something was wrong or he wouldn't have pulled you over. Seems like the op had a problem with his tags. Which is a reason to be pulled over And having a mouthy passenger never helps the situation. Just saying....
Old 5/15/12, 07:21 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cody2639
I love how people are always "minding their own business" when they are pulled over. Something was wrong or he wouldn't have pulled you over. Seems like the op had a problem with his tags. Which is a reason to be pulled over And having a mouthy passenger never helps the situation. Just saying....
Way to do the minimal amount of effort and read about the first three posts :P

There was nothing wrong with the tags as has been covered multiple times throughout the thread.
Old 5/15/12, 07:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LostGeographer

Air Force, AFSC 3E8X1, better known as EOD. And you sir, you do what since we are exchanging pleasantries?

Well if we are to only make the absolute most useful posts about mustangs then this forum would be pretty quiet. Lets be honest here...
I guess you knew you were talking to a fellow military guy using the technicals huh. I enlisted in the USMC in 2003. Carried MOS 5711 CBRNE, Also 5731. Did a touch of combat diving but not much to consider myself one of them. Left as a 1SGT. Was also in the Fire Dept back home and currently do law enforcement level counterterrorism/CBRNE. I work with our bomb squad quite often, it's pretty interesting stuff.
Attached Thumbnails 8 hours with the car and pulled over-image-1974396780.jpg  

Last edited by 2012GTCS; 5/15/12 at 07:43 AM.
Old 5/15/12, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I guess you knew you were talking to a fellow military guy using the technicals huh. I enlisted in the USMC in 2003. Carried MOS 5711 CBRNE, Also 5731. Did a touch of combat diving but not much to consider myself one of them. Left as a 1SGT. Was also in the Fire Dept back home and currently do law enforcement level counterterrorism/CBRNE. I work with our bomb squad quite often, it's pretty interesting stuff.
When you ask someone what their MOS is, it's pretty much a dead giveaway you're military.

By the way, you're the only Marine I have heard of that made 1Sgt. in nine years. That's practically one rank/year. Unheard of.
Old 5/15/12, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Here you get a temp tag that is good for 30 days, you have to wait for the title to go to the state DMV (or registered with them that you bought it) before you can get your tag from the county tag office where you live. But that is when you are buying another car, if you are replacing a car with the new one, the tag from the car you are trading goes to the new car, but you can't put it on until your county tag office changes the info about the car that its registered to.
In Florida, the large dealers can give you the new registration before you drive the new/used car off the lot. It may be because I had a plate to transfer from my trade-in. I was shocked when the finance person handed me my new registration and then applied the sticker to the back of the plate right before I left the dealer. Seems logical this day and age.
Old 5/15/12, 11:27 AM
GT Member

Why do people talk about cops and generalize them. That's like saying all mustang owners are 16 yr olds receiving their first new car from their parents, everyone on a civic is a ricer, all military personal are heroes. I'm an electrician in the navy. All i do is my job, fix stuff, stand watches and not get in trouble. I don't sing YMCA nor am i some elite covert navy seal. 9 times out of 10 just dont give any cop a reason to get on your business and you should be fine. That being said there are A-holes from all walks of life and proffesions. And sometimes i like to imagine that i am some elite special forces and i may have sang YMCA on karaoke on a wild drunken night. maybe
Old 5/15/12, 01:35 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This thread is full of crap and people that are trying to push useless views on others

Cops are people.. People are waste of space and 50% of all people could die and the world would be 50% better. People=awful creatures=cops..

Quick Reply: 8 hours with the car and pulled over