2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

8 hours with the car and pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/12, 02:37 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
Temp tags are for perps. I've bought quite a few cars and had REAL plates before leaving the dealer. New and used.
and? you are one the other side of the country. I am sure not everything is the same..
Old 5/14/12, 04:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
and? you are one the other side of the country. I am sure not everything is the same..
Agreed. Every state has their own policy.
Old 5/14/12, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This must be a Cali problem. I have been in the USA for 3+ years (all in St. Louis) and have never been pulled over for any reason by city police or state highway patrol.

That said I don't see an issue with the police pulling you over to make sure everything is on the up and up. That is one of the ways they "protect and serve" isn't it? If you haven't done anything wrong you will be on your way in 5 minutes (unless you start acting like an ****).
Old 5/14/12, 10:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
Ahhh. I'm old, ornery, obstinate, and just plain cynical, and I tend to ignore people that won't speak English. "Jelly" has always been - and will always be - something I put on toast.
But JS, I'll bet your the bee's knee's in your new hooptie....... Dude, I feel all cool, and groovy when I'm in my new ride.

Sorry Brother, just had to do it.

Last edited by wanted33; 5/14/12 at 11:42 AM.
Old 5/14/12, 11:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
About a year or 2 ago I got pulled over in my Mustang. I didnt get mad,after him coming to window and getting the reason I understood.

What happened is I got out of the hospital and was home for a few weeks, I still wasn't allowed to drive but a friend came over to cheer me up with his 07 Mustang the dealer had just installed a Roush supercharger on it and he gave me a spirited ride on my street nothing crazy like triple digit speeds but some hard accelerations, Then when I got back to my house I gave him a ride in my car (04 Mach1) with a 4,000 stall converter.
Well the policeman lived on my road..HaHa
One week later I go to a cruise night with my wife and shes driving (Because I wasn't cleared by DR. yet) and he pulls her over, when he walks up and sees her in drivers seat he gets mad. Tells me he pulled us over for the Mach1 plate in front instead of the license plate, then says I better slow it down on OUR street.. My wife says Oh that wasn't him, hes not allowed to drive yet( Her not knowing I took car out) LOL...
Well he lets us go and no tickets.. I felt like I got away from Highway robbery ,LMAO..

Last edited by UnrealFord; 5/14/12 at 11:43 AM.
Old 5/14/12, 11:52 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I find it silly that everyone is happy when they do not get a ticket. I think most cops give out tickets far to often. You should expect not to get a ticket. That "I got lucky this time" way of thinking is all to common now.
Old 5/14/12, 01:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I find it silly that everyone is happy when they do not get a ticket. I think most cops give out tickets far to often. You should expect not to get a ticket. That "I got lucky this time" way of thinking is all to common now.
Well I did get lucky,
1) Didnt have plate on front

2) Tinted windows..
Old 5/14/12, 01:41 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

but you shouldnt feel that way. you should feel "oh how can I help you mr cop" and not "oh no its the cops". They are here to serve and not to govern or be *****.
Old 5/14/12, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

but you shouldnt feel that way. you should feel "oh how can I help you mr cop" and not "oh no its the cops". They are here to serve and not to govern or be *****.
But you have to think that way, that's how life is these days. I was just driving on a deserted section of highway (65 limit) late at night and I was averaging about 80 mph. I got pulled over on a slope and got clocked doing 84. The cop made it sound like I had murdered my mother when he informed me how fast I was going. And then at the end he tells me "if you promise to pay the ticket, I'll write you a parking ticket instead of speeding". He practically admitted that he didn't pull me over because he thought what I was doing was dangerous, but because it was the end of the month and he needed to hit his quota.

I have nothing but respect for the majority of cops, but I would think most could fine better uses of their time then sitting on the highway waiting for someone to be going a little too fast.
Old 5/14/12, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jmillz
But you have to think that way, that's how life is these days. I was just driving on a deserted section of highway (65 limit) late at night and I was averaging about 80 mph. I got pulled over on a slope and got clocked doing 84. The cop made it sound like I had murdered my mother when he informed me how fast I was going. And then at the end he tells me "if you promise to pay the ticket, I'll write you a parking ticket instead of speeding". He practically admitted that he didn't pull me over because he thought what I was doing was dangerous, but because it was the end of the month and he needed to hit his quota.

I have nothing but respect for the majority of cops, but I would think most could fine better uses of their time then sitting on the highway waiting for someone to be going a little too fast.
You were going too fast, you admit you were going too fast, he clocked you going too fast...and you're complaining because you DIDN'T get a stiffer ticket?!? You were speeding, at night. I've been told by many officers that night time speeders are hit harder because of the increased danger. You should be counting your lucky stars and you're actually complaining?
Old 5/14/12, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
You were going too fast, you admit you were going too fast, he clocked you going too fast...and you're complaining because you DIDN'T get a stiffer ticket?!? You were speeding, at night. I've been told by many officers that night time speeders are hit harder because of the increased danger. You should be counting your lucky stars and you're actually complaining?
I guess I should have broken my story down into the two parts. The first thing I'm complaining about is cops lately seem to be giving tickets for the sake of giving tickets. Cops are supposed to be there to protect and serve, and giving tickets is a way they can encourage people to follow the rules. When a cop is on traffic/highway patrol, his first job is to be looking for people that are driving dangerously, and in response to them driving dangerously he can issue a ticket. There is a key difference between between finding an excuse to give a ticket, and give a ticket because someone is behaving in a dangerous manner.

Secondly, yes if he honestly thought I was going too fast and driving dangerously, then give me a **** speeding ticket. He didn't reduce the ticket because he felt bad for me, he reduced it because he knew it would have a higher chance of being paid rather than contested, seeing as contested tickets wouldn't be counted towards his quota until after the hearing if it wasn't overturned. So by all means, he should ticket me for what he thinks I'm doing wrong.
Old 5/14/12, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How else does a city and county jurisdiction raise proceeds to pay for salaries, maintenance to public vehicles, and upkeep of your local city? TICKETS! Traffic infractions are a complete money maker and it would be asinine for anyone to believe otherwise. I've seen some cities around here cite people for as little as 3 mph over the limit, seriously! The only reason for this is getting money through the door and an infraction is the quickest way to do it. When the unemployment rate hit 10% up here, cops began siting people for traffic and parking violations at an alarming rate!!! The economy goes down, ticket writing is a nice source of income to fall back on.
Old 5/14/12, 03:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
The cops were out of line, they weren't doing their job in any way. I found out they had several different agencies in town for an anti-gang task force over the weekend, so one of their first acts is to pull over a brand new car with a 60 year old woman in the passenger seat... very successful campaign I am sure.
Please explain how they weren't doing their job without going into all different police stories. They pulled you over unjustly?? Temp tags are usually VERY haRd to read while moving, they cannot be run via computer, and they ARE used in a lot of crimes. This would give the police Reasonable
Cause/probable cause to affect a stop (or w/e your states equivalent is)
You were stopped by the Police doing their job, you even stated it was a gang infested area. STOP complaining about it and move on with your life.

As far as having a 60 year old woman in the car, you are suggesting that the police profile you based on age/gender of the occupants? So they should stop the 19 year old black male instead?!

I won't even get into the kids in the parking lot story. To you their not doing their job, that's all that seems to matter. They asked what u were doing there and you got annoyed. Apparently you have an issue with authority cause even the slightest interaction with police bothers u.

Last edited by 2012GTCS; 5/14/12 at 03:47 PM.
Old 5/14/12, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Please explain how they weren't doing their job without going into all different police stories. They pulled you over unjustly?? Temp tags are usually VERY haRd to read while moving, they cannot be run via computer, and they ARE used in a lot of crimes. This would give the police Reasonable
Cause/probable cause to affect a stop (or w/e your states equivalent is)
You were stopped by the Police doing their job, you even stated it was a gang infested area. STOP complaining about it and move on with your life.

As far as having a 60 year old woman in the car, you are suggesting that the police profile you based on age/gender of the occupants? So they should stop the 19 year old black male instead?!

I won't even get into the kids in the parking lot story. To you their not doing their job, that's all that seems to matter. They asked what u were doing here and you got annoyed, apparently you have an issue with authority.
Police do profile, let's not pretend they don't.
Old 5/14/12, 03:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Some may, some don't. May depend on your area. But that's not the issue.

He's talking about police ethics and how they should do your job, yet he is suggesting they profile, which is wrong.

That's just what happens when people don't understand the police, their jobs, laws and certain policies. Everyone is a street paralegal.
Old 5/14/12, 04:02 PM
Bullitt Member

He's talking about police ethics and how they should do your job, yet he is suggesting they profile, which is wrong.
Stereotypes don't become stereotypes without a reason. Profiling may seem ethically wrong on the surface, but I would rather have the police profile than not profile. Sure there is the percentage of each demographic that doesn't fit the stereotype, and it's unfortunate that they have to be hassled, but that's the way life is.
Old 5/14/12, 04:08 PM
Cobra R Member

This is true and I agree completely. However it is "politically" incorrect and won't fly.

I still don't see why we have a 4 page thread about someone whining about being stopped by the police lol.
Old 5/14/12, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

This is true and I agree completely. However it is "politically" incorrect and won't fly.

I still don't see why we have a 4 page thread about someone whining about being stopped by the police lol.
haha yea fair enough. this thread may have gotten a little out of hand...
Old 5/14/12, 04:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Pete07GT
How else does a city and county jurisdiction raise proceeds to pay for salaries, maintenance to public vehicles, and upkeep of your local city? TICKETS! Traffic infractions are a complete money maker and it would be asinine for anyone to believe otherwise. I've seen some cities around here cite people for as little as 3 mph over the limit, seriously! The only reason for this is getting money through the door and an infraction is the quickest way to do it. When the unemployment rate hit 10% up here, cops began siting people for traffic and parking violations at an alarming rate!!! The economy goes down, ticket writing is a nice source of income to fall back on.
And the cops just decide to take this in their own hands right?!? Put yourself in their shoes. Just because your city is in a deficit, would you go out and say I'm going to hammer everyone and their mothers for every violation possible?!

In some nice towns and small areas, thats usually the only Dam thing going on lol. They have no other enforcement duties. And a lot of these "complaints" come from the residents of the community itself.

Opinions are opinions, im not against anyones, I'm just saying look at the other side of things sometimes. Cops are still everyday human beings just like yourself and think like everyone else too. They're not robots. And there's usually a reason besides "theyre just a*$holes."
Old 5/14/12, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the cops just decide to take this in their own hands right?!? Put yourself in their shoes. Just because your city is in a deficit, would you go out and say I'm going to hammer everyone and their mothers for every violation possible?!

In some nice towns and small areas, thats usually the only Dam thing going on lol. They have no other enforcement duties. And a lot of these "complaints" come from the residents of the community itself.

Opinions are opinions, im not against anyones, I'm just saying look at the other side of things sometimes. Cops are still everyday human beings just like yourself and think like everyone else too. They're not robots. And there's usually a reason besides "theyre just a*$holes."
My county has had numerous reports, grievances, and settlements for corruption. Police here mob down roadways, public roads, and federal highways doing speeds well above the posted limit without lights on and on numerous occasions I've seen them do this to meet up with their buddies for a subway sandwich (on second shift) and I've seen a state trooper lobbing through freeway traffic cutting me off in the right-hand/slow lane (state highway through town is only 2 lanes here) just to sit and perch off of the side of a freeway entrance 2 miles ahead to trap a speeder and issue tickets. I've also driven off of the side of the roadway on snowy conditions (first date with my current girlfriend) and sat on the side of the road in a snow embankment while 3 county sheriffs and 2 city pd officers rolled right by us without stopping. The police force up here is great for ticket writing but when it comes to crime prevention and reliability, I'm not seeing it.

Quick Reply: 8 hours with the car and pulled over