2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

8 hours with the car and pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/12, 03:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kcoTiger

Glad I'm not the only one. What the hell happened to the English language? It was good enough for centuries, and suddenly everyone under 30 has to use the most idiotic and asinine slang and abbreviations known to apes. Sometimes makes me want to slap the hell out of the entire generation.
So..?
Attached Images  
Old 5/12/12, 03:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011GT/CS

You know, a grumpy old man probably said the same thing in '64 about the mustang. "**** new cars all sporty and European." And that's how they felt in the '50s about girls in jeans, and Elvis shaking his hips on TV. Times change. why does everybody have to B I T C H on these mustang forums. So someone in a different state said something you don't like, quit being a little whining baby about it.
Thanks for that.
Old 5/12/12, 04:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm old and don't know what "jelly" means. Can someone please explain it? I understand that "sick" is now "good", and "***" is now "bad", but when I come from, you never wanted to get sick, and always wanted some ***. I hate it when things get turned around.
Old 5/12/12, 05:01 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
I'm sorry, I'm old and don't know what "jelly" means. Can someone please explain it? I understand that "sick" is now "good", and "***" is now "bad", but when I come from, you never wanted to get sick, and always wanted some ***. I hate it when things get turned around.
It means that the person using the word "jelly" is a taco or two short of a combination plate.

Plus he knows it's irritating. Kind of like a cheese grater on our brains.

But if you really must know it means jealous. He's saying the office was jealous of your ride.

But is jealous the right term? Maybe he was envious. What's slang for envious? Envy? Nope we've already got that word.

Either way Pete's got issues.
Old 5/12/12, 06:41 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Glad I'm not the only one. What the hell happened to the English language? It was good enough for centuries, and suddenly everyone under 30 has to use the most idiotic and asinine slang and abbreviations known to apes. Sometimes makes me want to slap the hell out of the entire generation.
I know what you mean. I get so tired of hearing the words "totally" and "like".
Old 5/12/12, 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It means that the person using the word "jelly" is a taco or two short of a combination plate.

But if you really must know it means jealous. He's saying the office was jealous of your ride.

But is jealous the right term? Maybe he was envious. What's slang for envious? Envy? Nope we've already got that word.

It'd be "enny", my good man!

It's just an Internet meme, thankfully. It'll be gone in a couple years. Sadly, I'm sure something much more stupid will replace it.

Last edited by Rjaniz; 5/12/12 at 06:44 AM.
Old 5/12/12, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Could you be anymore complicated?
Old 5/12/12, 06:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
If I pulled you over and heard that word come out of your mouth, I'd have put you in handcuffs and hauled your *** to jail, unless you were talking about it while discussing biscuits, gravy, and sausage, bacon, ham or pork chops.

Sickens me to the core to hear a grown man (or anyone for that matter) to use that abbreviation.
I think ur just jelly!
Old 5/12/12, 07:52 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Lol.... Wasn't this about the poor lad that got pulled over? Or is this about liquid matter in a gelatinous semi solid state????

Hehe
Old 5/12/12, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ur prolly jelly n enny

It is all crap for sure....

As to the OP, I was under the impression that all temp plates were to be displayed in the normal lic. plate location so things like this did not happen. At the least, all temp plates I have ever had were required to be displayed to the rear of the car. Most states have a paper plate that holds up well in the weather for the time needed. Sounds like a dealer no following rules maybe.
Old 5/12/12, 09:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
ur prolly jelly n enny

As to the OP, I was under the impression that all temp plates were to be displayed in the normal lic. plate location so things like this did not happen. At the least, all temp plates I have ever had were required to be displayed to the rear of the car. Most states have a paper plate that holds up well in the weather for the time needed. Sounds like a dealer no following rules maybe.
Thanks Pete, finally someone came up with the correct reason the OP was pulled. Don't you just hate it when Cops do their job?
Old 5/12/12, 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
ur prolly jelly n enny

Originally Posted by wanted33
Thanks Pete, finally someone came up with the correct reason the OP was pulled. Don't you just hate it when Cops do their job?

Actually incorrect, the plate was there, and in the correct place (last line of first paragraph sarcasm in op). California, unlike a lot of other states however does not issue temp plates, it has a plate sized advertisement for the dealership there to inform you it is a new car with plates being mailed. The dealer did everything right, the cops were just being ******.

Last edited by LostGeographer; 5/12/12 at 09:47 AM.
Old 5/12/12, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
Actually incorrect, the plate was there, and in the correct place (last line of first paragraph sarcasm in op). California, unlike a lot of other states however does not issue temp plates, it has a plate sized advertisement for the dealership there to inform you it is a new car with plates being mailed. The dealer did everything right, the cops were just being ******.
Hey being from NYC I completely understand the cops situation but in the end things happen. Systems fail, people who shouldn't be are acquiring those dealer plates to rob cars and you were there.

It happens to people who buy their cars in NJ w/ the window mounted 30-day temp sticker and no plates holder needed all the time.
Old 5/12/12, 02:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Why don't they just issue you plates when you get the car?

Years ago the dealers here had runners that would go to the registry every day and take care of the registering the new cars sold for the day.

Now, they have the plates at the dealers and register it as part of the buying process.

Seems kinda backwards to put a dealer tag on there and wait for a plate. And I thought this state was messed up.
Old 5/12/12, 02:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Why don't they just issue you plates when you get the car?

Years ago the dealers here had runners that would go to the registry every day and take care of the registering the new cars sold for the day.

Now, they have the plates at the dealers and register it as part of the buying process.

Seems kinda backwards to put a dealer tag on there and wait for a plate. And I thought this state was messed up.
Here you get a temp tag that is good for 30 days, you have to wait for the title to go to the state DMV (or registered with them that you bought it) before you can get your tag from the county tag office where you live. But that is when you are buying another car, if you are replacing a car with the new one, the tag from the car you are trading goes to the new car, but you can't put it on until your county tag office changes the info about the car that its registered to.
Old 5/12/12, 03:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Here you get a temp tag that is good for 30 days, you have to wait for the title to go to the state DMV (or registered with them that you bought it) before you can get your tag from the county tag office where you live. But that is when you are buying another car, if you are replacing a car with the new one, the tag from the car you are trading goes to the new car, but you can't put it on until your county tag office changes the info about the car that its registered to.
Replacing a car is just as easy here too. At a dealership it's all taken care of just like a new car. If I was to buy used from a private party I could just transfer the plates over and I have I think 7 days to get it insured and the paperwork to the registry. I would just need to keep the bill of sale with me in case I got stopped.

When I pick up my new Mustang next month, the plates will already be on it (less the front plate by request) and I just need to drive it away!
Old 5/12/12, 03:17 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rjaniz
It'd be "enny", my good man!

It's just an Internet meme, thankfully. It'll be gone in a couple years. Sadly, I'm sure something much more stupid will replace it.
always thought "hater" was slang for envy. Its not 100% the right term but I think its got the right thought in mind.
Old 5/13/12, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ahhh. I'm old, ornery, obstinate, and just plain cynical, and I tend to ignore people that won't speak English. "Jelly" has always been - and will always be - something I put on toast.
Old 5/13/12, 07:35 AM

Ahhh. I'm old, ornery, obstinate, and just plain cynical, and I tend to ignore people that won't speak English. "Jelly" has always been - and will always be - something I put on toast.
Ah.. U jelly fo shizzle dawg! Finna do some bling bling on my Stanger.. What do you say??

Sorry about that.. lol
Old 5/13/12, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm not so old, but feel the same way. So much ignorant noise these days.

Quick Reply: 8 hours with the car and pulled over