Old 5/22/11, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5% tint added

Added 5% tint today.
Attached Images  
Old 5/22/11, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

ooohhhh me like a lot. i wanna add this asap. tough enough keeping the new jersey cops from pulling me over for no front tag, they would have a field day with the tint lol. looks great though.
Old 5/22/11, 06:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks awesome!!! Wish I had the cajones to do that to mine.
Old 5/22/11, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks like they painted your windows to match your car. haha Nice job.
Old 5/24/11, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I want to get my 2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT tinted when she comes in. It's too hot in Texas not to have tint. Bad ting is that i have to go 35% on the door windows. Now, i can go as dark as i want on the rest of the windows in the back. The dealer mentioned 35% (legally darkest) up front/20% for the back 3 windows. He also suggested 35% up front/20% back 2 windows/5% (limo) for the rear window. I'd like my windows dark but i think that 35% throws things off. I think 35% and 5% for the rest of the windows might be a little too drastic in difference. Has anyone had or seen any of these combinations of tint asmentioned above? I'd appreciate some good input. Thanks.
Old 5/25/11, 03:59 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
I want to get my 2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT tinted when she comes in. It's too hot in Texas not to have tint. Bad ting is that i have to go 35% on the door windows. Now, i can go as dark as i want on the rest of the windows in the back. The dealer mentioned 35% (legally darkest) up front/20% for the back 3 windows. He also suggested 35% up front/20% back 2 windows/5% (limo) for the rear window. I'd like my windows dark but i think that 35% throws things off. I think 35% and 5% for the rest of the windows might be a little too drastic in difference. Has anyone had or seen any of these combinations of tint as mentioned above? I'd appreciate some good input. Thanks.
I've done a stagger with tint like you suggested. Mine was 5% rear, 20% front, and it was fine. Your front doors will look darker than 35% if you do a darker rear tint. May I also suggest if you have any vision problems that you avoid 5%. Several friends have told me they had a particularly tough time at night with the darker tint.
Old 5/25/11, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost

I've done a stagger with tint like you suggested. Mine was 5% rear, 20% front, and it was fine. Your front doors will look darker than 35% if you do a darker rear tint. May I also suggest if you have any vision problems that you avoid 5%. Several friends have told me they had a particularly tough time at night with the darker tint.
Thanks for the your input. I may do the 35/20/5. I've had experience driving commercial vehicles with no rearview mirror so I shouldn't have too bad of a time backing. I was more concerned with the way the different tints would go together and you answered that question for me. Thank you.
Old 5/25/11, 07:59 AM
GTR Member

Thanks for the your input. I may do the 35/20/5. I've had experience driving commercial vehicles with no rearview mirror so I shouldn't have too bad of a time backing. I was more concerned with the way the different tints would go together and you answered that question for me. Thank you.
I would keep the rear quarters and rear windshield the same. The rear quarters are so small, you won't notice much difference between 20% and 5% on the inside, but you may notice it on the outside.
Old 5/25/11, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

I want that bad, I love limo tint. My truck has it
Old 5/25/11, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
That's what the backup cam is for!

I have 35% front and 20% quarters and rear on my current stang. Legal limit in OH is 50% fronts which sucks! You really don't notice the difference from 35% to 20%. If it was 5% to 35% I think you would.

I plan to do either 20% all the way around on the new one or 35% fronts and 20% for the rest again.
Old 5/25/11, 08:25 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng
That's what the backup cam is for!

I have 35% front and 20% quarters and rear on my current stang. Legal limit in OH is 50% fronts which sucks! You really don't notice the difference from 35% to 20%. If it was 5% to 35% I think you would.

I plan to do either 20% all the way around on the new one or 35% fronts and 20% for the rest again.
5% affects you at night while driving forward as well. I ended up doing 20 and 15% on my last two vehicles (15% all the way around on the Mustang) and I still have enough depth perception at night that I didn't have with 5%. It's dark enough during the day as well.
Old 5/25/11, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Night driving with 5% does get frustrating, have to open windows in my truck if I want to see anything. But man it looks good
Old 5/25/11, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I want to get my 2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT tinted when she comes in. It's too hot in Texas not to have tint. Bad ting is that i have to go 35% on the door windows. Now, i can go as dark as i want on the rest of the windows in the back. The dealer mentioned 35% (legally darkest) up front/20% for the back 3 windows. He also suggested 35% up front/20% back 2 windows/5% (limo) for the rear window. I'd like my windows dark but i think that 35% throws things off. I think 35% and 5% for the rest of the windows might be a little too drastic in difference. Has anyone had or seen any of these combinations of tint asmentioned above? I'd appreciate some good input. Thanks.
I though it can be 25% on the windows, 20% rear window, and like 30% windshield here in tex?
Old 5/25/11, 09:31 AM

here is 35% on my Grabber Blue. I have it all the way around. sorry I don't have a pic of the rear window but it looks even darker because of the angle. if you have the dark interior, 35% looks darker than it is. Didn't want to push it because they def enforce it where I am. Hope this helps give you some idea.
Attached Thumbnails 5% tint added-photo.jpg  

Last edited by ptcomp; 5/25/11 at 09:34 AM.
Old 5/25/11, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0

I though it can be 25% on the windows, 20% rear window, and like 30% windshield here in tex?
Tomball Ford & a tint shop I called said 35% on the front side Windows is the legal limit. Everything else towards the back can be as dark as you want.
Old 5/25/11, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ptcomp

here is 35% on my Grabber Blue. I have it all the way around. sorry I don't have a pic of the rear window but it looks even darker because of the angle. if you have the dark interior, 35% looks darker than it is. Didn't want to push it because they def enforce it where I am. Hope this helps give you some idea.
Yeah, I have the charcoal black interior. I'll have to check out your pic when I get on my laptop at home. My so called smart phone only shows your pic in about a 1/2" size.
Old 5/25/11, 05:13 PM
V6 Member

Tomball Ford & a tint shop I called said 35% on the front side Windows is the legal limit. Everything else towards the back can be as dark as you want.
EDIT EDIT..... Ask for prices all around. Tomball when I bought my car from them last year in June they wanted 250 to tint my windows, but would not do tint the way I wanted. Tomball tinters did mine $150 cash, for 5% all around. You might find it cheaper... And just as a review, Tomball tinters did mine, and as it does look good, I do have what looks like stretch marks in the tint, Looking out the window you don't notice them, but staring at the window you do. I have four evenly spaced marks in my drivers side window about 3/4" long. One mark on my passenger side, and two in my rear windshield.

legal in texas is 35%

Most people can pull off 20% on the side windows and 5% on the rest...

I personally have rolled around with 5% on my first car, Double 5% on my second ( Never again except my back windshield) and I now have 5% on the new mustang...

Last edited by jjS89LX; 5/25/11 at 05:20 PM.
Old 5/25/11, 06:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Can someone post interior pics of the 5% tint as well as the others. I wanna see how dark it looks from the interior. Thanks everyone.
Old 5/25/11, 06:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
Can someone post interior pics of the 5% tint as well as the others. I wanna see how dark it looks from the interior. Thanks everyone.
I'll see what I can cook up.

Edit: 5%

This is headed east, with full sun glare coming threw the windshield and the reflection of the interior in the window... May bug some, Doesn't bother me. Warning: However it does glare at night with the dash lit up. Again, doesn't bug me, but just a warning to others.

( No I was not racing, It was for kicks. And No I don't support the idea of me actually beating anything )

Last edited by jjS89LX; 5/25/11 at 06:17 PM.
Old 5/25/11, 06:26 PM
V6 Member

This is double 5% at an angle, I do not recommend it(other than the back windshield), I drove with it for six months till I traded the car in. Drove windows up during the day and I was alright, Like wearing dark sunglasses. But at night.... It's a whole different story... Lights of other cars where very dim( like dead batteries in a flashlight dim). I usually drove with the windows cracked or half way down at night in this case...

5% With the sun and the glare again.... And Yes, I do live in Houston and thought an item in the photo was "unique." I'm searching for a night photo, because I have a feeling that will be next.

Quick Reply: 5% tint added