2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/13, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast

Well I took it for a spin tonight and I absolutely love it! I'm taking delivery tomorrow afternoon! I can't wait!
Looks so fresh
Old 11/17/13, 10:16 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JohnX3
They said they only drove it to get gas which is right next to the dealership and implied that the mileage was on it before it arrived. At my request it is not prepped although the plastic seat covers and steering wheel wrap are missing among some other things on the interior. I went back to your original pictures that you posted in order to see your unprepped interior and compared it to what I saw.
That sucks but too bad you'll probably never know. I guess just enjoy your car and don't get too upset over it….water under the bridge now lol.
Old 11/17/13, 12:28 PM

JohnX,

Don't be to worried about the mileage. When I purchased my 13 GT track pack car I did not want them to remove any of the tags, decals or plastic on her. It had 48 miles on the odometer and was on the back lot where no one could see her. When I got her home and started to look through everything I noticed a small tag in the passenger door pocket stating in official ford letter head that my car was randomly chosen for quality control testing and that 42 miles were added to the odometer during that this time and my reading should now show 46 miles. The dealership added the other two miles in a short road test. The tag was probably 3"x3" and looked as if it was affixed to the right upper side of the windshield. The last sentence encouraged me to enjoy my new Ford product and trust me I am!! JohnX I hope you enjoy yours.
Old 11/17/13, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by enforcer23
Ive had my 2014 Mustang Gt Track Pack SGM car for almost 2 months now and can't tell you how nice a ride this car is.....Here is one of my favorite pictures cleaned up and ready for the pasture....lol.......More pictures to follow from Tennessee.....
Where in TN? I'm in Knoxville.
Old 11/17/13, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

A question for those who have taken delivery - how many miles did yours have when delivered? I went to see mine tonight (beautiful car, by the way) and it had 28 miles. That was more than I expected. I was expecting a number in the single digits.
Is your car a transfer from another dealer or straight from Ford? If another dealer had the car first, the extra mileage could be from test drives, staff taking the car home, etc.
Old 11/17/13, 07:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 14rs3roush
Is your car a transfer from another dealer or straight from Ford? If another dealer had the car first, the extra mileage could be from test drives, staff taking the car home, etc.
Straight from the factory. I am told it came off the truck with 17.1 miles and then went for gas. I trust them on that statement.

Originally Posted by Z Code Addiction
JohnX,

Don't be to worried about the mileage. When I purchased my 13 GT track pack car I did not want them to remove any of the tags, decals or plastic on her. It had 48 miles on the odometer and was on the back lot where no one could see her. When I got her home and started to look through everything I noticed a small tag in the passenger door pocket stating in official ford letter head that my car was randomly chosen for quality control testing and that 42 miles were added to the odometer during that this time and my reading should now show 46 miles. The dealership added the other two miles in a short road test. The tag was probably 3"x3" and looked as if it was affixed to the right upper side of the windshield. The last sentence encouraged me to enjoy my new Ford product and trust me I am!! JohnX I hope you enjoy yours.
This seems to be the best explanation. I'll look for that tag.

Thanks everyone for helping me to try to understand this. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day to get through work! My delivery is at 6:30 PM.
Old 11/17/13, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Straight from the factory. I am told it came off the truck with 17.1 miles and then went for gas. I trust them on that statement. This seems to be the best explanation. I'll look for that tag. Thanks everyone for helping me to try to understand this. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day to get through work! My delivery is at 6:30 PM.
So they put 11 miles on the car going for gas? I guess that's possible.
Old 11/17/13, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

So they put 11 miles on the car going for gas? I guess that's possible.
Oh, sorry, I meant 27.1 off the truck. The gas station is right next to the dealership.
Old 11/17/13, 09:18 PM

Delano,Tn polk county
Old 11/18/13, 08:07 PM
V6 Member

Picked it up tonight. Woo hoo! A great car. A blast to drive. It was after dark so the only pictures I got were in the garage at home.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3090.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3140.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3156.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3162.jpg  
Old 11/18/13, 09:36 PM

Picked it up tonight. Woo hoo! A great car. A blast to drive. It was after dark so the only pictures I got were in the garage at home.
Congratulations on your new stang, looks awesome, that settles it, Ruby Red is the color I am ordering.
Old 11/18/13, 09:58 PM
GT Member

Don't stay up too late staring at it lol. Congrats!!!!
Old 11/19/13, 06:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Deep Blue
Don't stay up too late staring at it lol. Congrats!!!!
Thanks! How true this statement actually is. Last night, I kept opening the door to the garage and looking out at it.

And then, as I was relaxing in the house, through the kitchen out to the open garage, I could hear the thunk of its door as it was opened and closed repeatedly. It was only a few minutes before my wife called me to come and look at something. She opened the door and said "watch the window when I close this door." We hung out in the garage admiring it even though it was after 11 PM.

This morning my son asked me to pop the hood on both this and the 1991 so we could compare the 5.0's.

We're all excited about it. Good times.
Old 11/19/13, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks! How true this statement actually is. Last night, I kept opening the door to the garage and looking out at it.

And then, as I was relaxing in the house, through the kitchen out to the open garage, I could hear the thunk of its door as it was opened and closed repeatedly. It was only a few minutes before my wife called me to come and look at something. She opened the door and said "watch the window when I close this door." We hung out in the garage admiring it even though it was after 11 PM.

This morning my son asked me to pop the hood on both this and the 1991 so we could compare the 5.0's.

We're all excited about it. Good times.
John,

Congratulations! There is no feeling like it, they are wonderful cars. I too just stare at mine. Ford did a great job with styling as well as interior fit and finish. That red is absolutely amazing in sunlight.

Your car looks great! It's smooth and clean, I love it.
Old 11/19/13, 04:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Very nice!!! Congrats and enjoy your new car.
Old 11/20/13, 04:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh, sorry, I meant 27.1 off the truck. The gas station is right next to the dealership.
Yeah, that's high to have 27.1 straight from Ford...unless your car was a test car at Ford as mentioned earlier. Did you find anything in the car that mentions it was a test vehicle?
Old 11/20/13, 09:29 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Amariel
My car is in! Went to the dealer, inspected, signed papers, got to drive it around a bit... will be taking delivery tomorrow! (Will have a check to hand over to them then!) It's amazingly beautiful... so love DIB! Of course now it's planning to rain tomorrow so may be a bit before I can get some sunny pictures - going to have to drive it really careful in the rain, as I'm used to front wheel drive and a much lighter car that has a lot less torque... Thanks again Deysha for all the updates throughout this whole process! You're amazing!
Woo hoo! Congrats and you’re very welcome, Amariel!

Mine is in as well! Exactly one month from order. I was notified relatively late into the evening so I did not get to sign it, drive it or see it. They can't accommodate a delivery for me tomorrow so it looks like it will be Monday. My contact there did snap a pic of it coming off the truck. Can't wait!
That is niiiice, JohnX3! Congrats again!

A question for those who have taken delivery - how many miles did yours have when delivered? I went to see mine tonight (beautiful car, by the way) and it had 28 miles. That was more than I expected. I was expecting a number in the single digits.
Originally Posted by Deep Blue
Oh no no no! I made sure they didn't touch my car when it came off the truck. It was very clear to them and they respected what I wanted and mine came off the truck with 2.8 miles and after I went with the salesman to fill it up I took delivery with 4.9….28 miles seems excessive, even if they dealer prepped it which includes them driving it a couple of miles to make sure everything is ok…but 28?
Originally Posted by Z Code Addiction
JohnX,
Some vehicles are randomly selected at the factory for quality checks/runs and some for more miles than others, guys. There should be a paper in the vehicle stating this, as Z Code Addiction mentioned.

Deysha
Old 11/20/13, 03:57 PM

Question for Deysha

Hi Deysha,

I used this site in 2006 when I ordered my '06 pony. I can't remember if it was you that helped me track it or not. But I am very grateful for your help. Well, it's time for another pony. Mine has 90,000 of some of the best miles of my life on it and I'm torn between ordering a '14 with what will be exceptional factory incentives or holding out for the new pony.

I plan to order in April '14. Can you tell me if I will be able to order a '14 still or will only the new pony's be available?

any info would be helpful.
Old 11/20/13, 06:43 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, that's high to have 27.1 straight from Ford...unless your car was a test car at Ford as mentioned earlier. Did you find anything in the car that mentions it was a test vehicle?
No I didn't find anything stating that a test was done. There is one thing I found in the glove compartment that I don't quite understand but it doesn't seem related to a test.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_3136.jpg  
Old 11/21/13, 09:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NVPony
Hi Deysha,
I used this site in 2006 when I ordered my '06 pony. I can't remember if it was you that helped me track it or not. But I am very grateful for your help. Well, it's time for another pony. Mine has 90,000 of some of the best miles of my life on it and I'm torn between ordering a '14 with what will be exceptional factory incentives or holding out for the new pony.

I plan to order in April '14. Can you tell me if I will be able to order a '14 still or will only the new pony's be available?
Thank you for the kind words, NVPony. Normally the usual cutoffs come around December/January time, so I don’t think you’ll be able to order a 14MY in April. I recommend you stay in contact with your dealer for the most up to date info on which model year to order.

No I didn't find anything stating that a test was done. There is one thing I found in the glove compartment that I don't quite understand but it doesn't seem related to a test.
It should be an actual sheet of paper with the info on it, JohnX3.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread