2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/13, 05:25 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saltyoldguy

lol! ya I get it. I was just wondering how Deysha gave you a ETA of feb 15 2013, when gt500 production doesnt even start until March??
I was wondering the same... are the convertibles being done earlier or?
Old 1/30/13, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I stopped into my dealership today and spoke to the sales manager. He has been in the business long enough that he has learned that people get very disappointed when their car arrives a day or two later than the ETA he had given them. He now routinely adds one week to the ETA he gets from Ford so that he can be the bearer of glad tidings when the car arrives just two days late. I learned that my actual ETA is 3/2. WOO HOO!!!
Old 1/30/13, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Crusty_2014_GT500_Conv.
Hey Dan, yes ordered at Chartrand. Rep is Michel Merette. Friday meet? Every Friday? I've been out of the loop since 1994 and the last meets I used to do back then were Friday meets at Lafleur's on Notre-Dame.
Usually around May the Montreal mustang club gets it's meets on every friday nights wheather permetting at a shopping mall on curé-labelle just south of the 440 .
Old 1/30/13, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Usually around May the Montreal mustang club gets it's meets on every friday nights wheather permetting at a shopping mall on curé-labelle just south of the 440 .
Hey thanks for the info. I guess Flat Rock will decide if I can attend the meets. Hopefully the red stallion will be delivered by then.
Old 1/30/13, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Klink500
I was wondering the same... are the convertibles being done earlier or?
Ya, dont know bro? I really wish the whole order experience of this particular vehicle was more transparent!!!!!
Old 1/30/13, 11:13 PM
V6 Member

Ya, dont know bro? I really wish the whole order experience of this particular vehicle was more transparent!!!!!
Maybe it can be explained to us? I know Deysha is doing her best on here.
Old 1/30/13, 11:43 PM
Cobra Member

This information was provided by Deysha on #236 on pg. 12.

orders are scheduled based the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. Therefore, the date is the last factor.

Many posts have noted that a priority of 10 is as good as it gets for a retail order (as opposed to a stock order where a dealer is ordering a car for himself for later sale).
As I understand the allocation week, until your dealer has a production slot allocated in a particular week, your order can't be scheduled in that week.
I suspect the ordered option content has to do with whether or not Ford has your requested option parts available. My dealer advised me that there is the possibility of commodity constraints.

Deysha (and my dealer) were able to tell me the priority and order type on my order. My dealer was able to tell me about his allocations and about any commodity constraints.

It seems to me that the information is available and the process is reasonably transparent. There may be issues of when Ford will start production of a particular model (e.g. a Shelby Cobra), but if you have ordered something typical the above criteria should apply.

I've been very happy with my order and my relationship with my dealer, Ford Motors, and Deysha. Work with them and I believe you will be also.
Old 1/31/13, 12:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tukatz

-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. Therefore, the date is the last factor.

Many posts have noted that a priority of 10 is as good as it gets for a retail order (as opposed to a stock order where a dealer is ordering a car for himself for later sale).
As I understand the allocation week, until your dealer has a production slot allocated in a particular week, your order can't be scheduled in that week.
I suspect the ordered option content has to do with whether or not Ford has your requested option parts available. My dealer advised me that there is the possibility of commodity constraints.

Deysha (and my dealer) were able to tell me the priority and order type on my order. My dealer was able to tell me about his allocations and about any commodity constraints.

It seems to me that the information is available and the process is reasonably transparent. There may be issues of when Ford will start production of a particular model (e.g. a Shelby Cobra), but if you have ordered something typical the above criteria should apply.

I've been very happy with my order and my relationship with my dealer, Ford Motors, and Deysha. Work with them and I believe you will be also.
I agree they have been amazing. Someone posted they got an eta on a 2014 gt500. Thus our confusion. I personally feel everything has been very transparent and the feedback from Deysha has been great.
Old 1/31/13, 06:58 AM
V6 Member

It appears my car made it to the dealers lot already.... Problem is they drilled the front bumper after requesting they don't several times. We'll see what they say. I will cancel the intent to buy I they don't repair to my liking. Another dealer did the same to my '06 and they fixed it.
Old 1/31/13, 07:08 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
lol! ya I get it. I was just wondering how Deysha gave you a ETA of feb 15 2013, when gt500 production doesnt even start until March??
His sure is building, Saltyoldguy...

Maybe it can be explained to us? I know Deysha is doing her best on here.
-the receipt date

I agree they have been amazing. Someone posted they got an eta on a 2014 gt500. Thus our confusion. I personally feel everything has been very transparent and the feedback from Deysha has been great.
Thank you, guys! You're all awesome!

Originally Posted by Waxed'05 GT
It appears my car made it to the dealers lot already.... Problem is they drilled the front bumper after requesting they don't several times. We'll see what they say. I will cancel the intent to buy I they don't repair to my liking. Another dealer did the same to my '06 and they fixed it.
Ouch!! They'll take care of it, Waxed'05 GT. PM me with your dealer, full name, and best daytime number in case I have to escalate this for you.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 1/31/13 at 07:22 AM.
Old 1/31/13, 07:34 AM
V6 Member

Will do! Thanks Deysha!
Old 1/31/13, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

I also told my dealer I did not want the front license plate fixture mounted on the bumper, but that I did want it just in case I had to have it mounted later. My plan is to 'fold' over the top and bottom edges of my front plate and mount it in the lower opening. It is possible to fold it so that the state name and the plate number are visible. Technically, they could still tag me for disfiguring my plate (yes, this stupid state says you can't disfigure your plate), but I'm hoping no troopers get fussed about it.
Old 1/31/13, 09:21 AM
V6 Member

I also told my dealer I did not want the front license plate fixture mounted on the bumper, but that I did want it just in case I had to have it mounted later. My plan is to 'fold' over the top and bottom edges of my front plate and mount it in the lower opening. It is possible to fold it so that the state name and the plate number are visible. Technically, they could still tag me for disfiguring my plate (yes, this stupid state says you can't disfigure your plate), but I'm hoping no troopers get fussed about it.
Or get a remote controlled mount that stays hidden. Plate and all until u hit a switch...
Old 1/31/13, 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Waxed'05 GT
Or get a remote controlled mount that stays hidden. Plate and all until u hit a switch...
Got a link for one of those?
Old 1/31/13, 09:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crusty_2014_GT500_Conv.
Hey thanks for the info. I guess Flat Rock will decide if I can attend the meets. Hopefully the red stallion will be delivered by then.
Are you getting a 2013 or a 2014 GT500?
Old 1/31/13, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi All! New to forum. Ordered a 2014 GT500 back in November and planed on a looooong wait. Based on recent posts I decided to PM Deysha to see if by some miracle ours was scheduled. Hope to hear back soon!
Old 1/31/13, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Welcome to the forum and congrats, Royer951! I’ll get back to your PM soon.

Deysha
Thanks! I know I just ordered it but I can't wait till I get it! I have to stop thinking about this to keep my sanity...
Old 1/31/13, 09:59 AM
V6 Member

Got a link for one of those?
http://www.google.com/search?q=hide+...&client=safari

This should help..
Old 1/31/13, 10:12 AM
V6 Member

Note to Self: Must stop checking for window sticker so often. Half a dozen times a day will be just fine.
Old 1/31/13, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shhhh
Deysha responded saying the delivery date to my dealership is the same day as my birthday. So amazing.
Well that changed now. Dealership just told me last week of february So much for a birthday car!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread