The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/2014-ordered-built-delivered-thread-516755/)

PaxtonShelby 1/12/13 11:09 AM

Ordered her this morning!

GT Premium Coupe - Sterling Gray Metallic
Leather Recaros
Glass Roof
Track Pack
Spoiler Delete

She'll be a March build - so I should have her by the end of April at the latest, which is perfect for me since the weather here in Pittsburgh won't be Mustang-worthy until then.

Time to get the garage cleaned up and finish all those honey-do projects around the house!

C'mon APRIL!!!!!!

MadMoose 1/12/13 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby (Post 6529124)

GT Premium Coupe - Sterling Gray Metallic
Leather Recaros
Glass Roof
Track Pack
Spoiler Delete

She'll be a March build - so I should have her by the end of April at the latest, which is perfect for me since the weather here in Pittsburgh won't be Mustang-worthy until then.

Time to get the garage cleaned up and finish all those honey-do projects around the house!

C'mon APRIL!!!!!!

Wooo congrats! what makes you think it'll build in March? I ordered 12 days ago and mine has a VIN and is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on Feb 22nd

PaxtonShelby 1/12/13 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by MadMoose (Post 6529127)
Wooo congrats! what makes you think it'll build in March? I ordered 12 days ago and mine has a VIN and is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on Feb 22nd

Thanks Moose!

I know the dealer, and I mentioned that I didn't want the car until April. But I wanted to order it now so I could guarantee I'd get all the options I wanted. I didn't want to order in April and find that, for example, they were all out of glass roofs or leather Recaros. Anyway, being here in the Pittsburgh area, since it is winter, he didn't have any 2014 model year Mustangs allocated to him in February, which makes sense because not many people buy Mustangs in the winter in my area. So he told me the car will probably be a March build as he has a few allocated to him for March.

Even if the car would somehow get built earlier than March, he said he could keep it in his showroom for 45 days before he has to start paying interest on it. Talk about a nice deal!

The priority code on the order is 15, so I guess that's a good thing. With the number so low, there is less chance the build will get bumped back into a later slot.

I'm really jazzed...dang is it going to be a long few months...

MadMoose 1/12/13 11:55 AM

Oh very nice. I dont think I could wait that long! end of February is perfect timing for me since I'll have just gotten my tax refund and my registration expires at March 1st haha. Although my ETA will probably end up changing I bet. Only thing is I live in Denver so It'll most likely still snow a bit and my current snow wheels/tires wont fit over the brembos.

I'm planning my mods to help pass the time! :D Dealer is already installing a set of the FRPP sport (Borla S clones) mufflers before I take delivery, maybe I need to order an intake/tune combo haha

2011GB/CS 1/12/13 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby (Post 6529133)
Thanks Moose!

I know the dealer, and I mentioned that I didn't want the car until April. But I wanted to order it now so I could guarantee I'd get all the options I wanted. I didn't want to order in April and find that, for example, they were all out of glass roofs or leather Recaros. Anyway, being here in the Pittsburgh area, since it is winter, he didn't have any 2014 model year Mustangs allocated to him in February, which makes sense because not many people buy Mustangs in the winter in my area. So he told me the car will probably be a March build as he has a few allocated to him for March.

Even if the car would somehow get built earlier than March, he said he could keep it in his showroom for 45 days before he has to start paying interest on it. Talk about a nice deal!

The priority code on the order is 15, so I guess that's a good thing. With the number so low, there is less chance the build will get bumped back into a later slot.

I'm really jazzed...dang is it going to be a long few months...

Congrats Ron, Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives.:D

PaxtonShelby 1/12/13 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2011GB/CS (Post 6529320)
Congrats Ron, Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives.:D

Thanks Kevin! It feels great to have FINALLY pulled the trigger!

Twin Turbo 1/13/13 05:43 AM

Congrats PS....I'm very jealous :D

PaxtonShelby 1/13/13 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 6529560)
Congrats PS....I'm very jealous :D

Thanks TT. This has been a long time coming for me. First new car EVER. And I'm no spring chicken ( although I tend to act like one most of the time... )

tukatz 1/13/13 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby (Post 6529634)
Thanks TT. This has been a long time coming for me. First new car EVER. And I'm no spring chicken ( although I tend to act like one most of the time... )

Me too, PS. Keep acting that way. :D

FordService 1/14/13 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Clinton350 (Post 6528641)
ETA Feb 16th for my GT Premium. Thanks Deysha. So nice to have inside connections :). I've been trying not to think about my car too much to keep from going crazy. Having a date to look forward to makes it feel like I'm actually going get this thing one day!

You’re very welcome!

Originally Posted by Kairho (Post 6528667)
You guys are getting me all excited, too! Waiting to hear back from Deysha is almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the vehicle!

I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, Kairho.

Originally Posted by tukatz (Post 6528818)
The light bulb finally came on about playing music through Sync from a USB thumb drive. I loaded up one of my drives and went over to the dealership to test my assumptions, and they were pretty much right on. I've PM'd Jaclyn as Deysha suggested and am waiting for her to confirm or correct my understanding. Now I just have to buy a high capacity thumb and load up all my music and I'll be ready for the arrival of my new Mustang.

LOL! Love the pre-planning, tukatz.

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby (Post 6529124)

C'mon APRIL!!!!!!

Woo hoo! Congrats!

Deysha

GT_CR 1/14/13 11:46 AM

Hello everybody,

I am new on the forum but I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks now.

I am located in Costa Rica and ordered my black Mustang GT 2014 on December :metal:

I am waiting for Deysha to give me some good news of when my dealer will have the car...

tukatz 1/14/13 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService (Post 6530380)
LOL! Love the pre-planning, tukatz.

Deysha

I was an IT guy Deysha, so I setup a series of test cases and ran through them to see the results. I've documented what I learned and will revise the document based on what I learn from Jaclyn. Then I'll take it over to the dealership and explain how Sync works to the folks there. :rofl2:

RMM_DDS16 1/14/13 03:59 PM

So there is a cloth and leather seating option for the 2014's with the Recaros? Sry im confused all I see is leather orders.

PaxtonShelby 1/14/13 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by RMM_DDS16 (Post 6530618)
So there is a cloth and leather seating option for the 2014's with the Recaros? Sry im confused all I see is leather orders.

Cloth Recaros are available on the base GT. Leather Recaros are only available on the GT premium cars with the 400a interior. The price is the same for either package ( I think? ), which is $1595.

cmplxlgc 1/14/13 04:27 PM

Deysha, I Pm'd my info. Thanks in advance. :)

RMM_DDS16 1/14/13 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby (Post 6530625)
Cloth Recaros are available on the base GT. Leather Recaros are only available on the GT premium cars with the 400a interior. The price is the same for either package ( I think? ), which is $1595.

Thank you for clearing that up! I'm placing my order for a 2014 GT in GHIG tomorrow!

Waxed'05 GT 1/14/13 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by RMM_DDS16 (Post 6530701)
Thank you for clearing that up! I'm placing my order for a 2014 GT in GHIG tomorrow!

LIKE. Gotta have it in GREEN!

PaxtonShelby 1/14/13 05:32 PM

Nice! Go get 'em RMM!

montreal ponies 1/14/13 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby (Post 6530717)
Nice! Go get 'em RMM!

You'll love your glass roof, congrats. :nice:

laserred38 1/14/13 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by montreal ponies (Post 6530723)

You'll love your glass roof, congrats. :nice:

This.