Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Mustang & Shelby Order Guides are here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/12, 08:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like, for the GT, they renamed the Brembo Brake package to the GT Brake Performance Package and the Track Pack to the GT Brembo Brake Racing Package, and just upgraded the rear brakes for both?
Old 11/1/12, 10:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by coachhoach
It seems like, for the GT, they renamed the Brembo Brake package to the GT Brake Performance Package and the Track Pack to the GT Brembo Brake Racing Package, and just upgraded the rear brakes for both?
Same as last year. Both include Brembo™ front and upgraded rear brakes.
Canadian:
GT Brake Performance Package (55D)
GT Brembo™ Brake Racing Package (55R)
United States:
Brembo™ Brake Package (55D)
GT Track Package (55R)
Old 11/2/12, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Am I reading correctly that there will be no more base model GT's with cloth interior?
Old 11/2/12, 07:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure what you mean by upgraded rear brakes. Did they put the 2013 GT500 rear brakes on the GT now?
Old 11/2/12, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Not sure what you mean by upgraded rear brakes. Did they put the 2013 GT500 rear brakes on the GT now?
From the 2013 & 2014 Canadian order guides:
"Upgraded Front and Rear Brakes..."

Although I have yet to check part numbers, I would expect at the least for rear brake pads to be an upgrade from the GT pads. When I have a chance, I can look up rear pads, calipers and rotors or perhaps someone else will chime in that knows.
Old 11/2/12, 08:06 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JJZ109

From the 2013 & 2014 Canadian order guides:
"Upgraded Front and Rear Brakes..."

Although I have yet to check part numbers, I would expect at the least for rear brake pads to be an upgrade from the GT pads. When I have a chance, I can look up rear pads, calipers and rotors or perhaps someone else will chime in that knows.
I only ask because there was a DIB GT track pack car that had the larger GT500 rear rotors on it floating around. I personally would love to see that as a combo just because the rear brakes are so tiny.
Old 11/2/12, 08:10 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CrzRsn
...I do see that it shows *Circular Fog Lamps in front fascia (new for 2014). Does this mean that there won't be the LED fogs in the grille anymore?
This is a likely reference to the 402A California Special only, as the 400A and 401A both include the Eleanor grille with fog lamps.
Old 11/2/12, 08:13 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I only ask because there was a DIB GT track pack car that had the larger GT500 rear rotors on it floating around. I personally would love to see that as a combo just because the rear brakes are so tiny.
+1 on the GT500 rotors!
Old 11/2/12, 08:14 AM
GT Member

HizliBullet, Thanks for posting the order guides!
Old 11/2/12, 08:37 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info
Old 11/2/12, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

Deletion of the Boss series is just plain stupid. Ford has an opportunity to make money and increase sales with the Boss and they discontinue it. Just no follow through.
Old 11/2/12, 10:49 AM

interesting... for canada, it appears that for the GT there is NO 300A (cloth interior, no sat radio, etc) option, AND the 3.55FD is standard on the 6MT (3.73 optional). can't imagine it'll be the same here south of the border.. if i'm wrong, i'm sure glad i picked up a 2013!!
Old 11/2/12, 11:03 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
IIRC, and this has been this way for a while.

GTs come with a LOT of stuff standard. There is no such thing as standard/premium etc like in the US.
Leather on the GT is standard, and has been for a while, same with the Shaker etc.
We're pretty limited to certain things on some of the models.

Interesting to see that Fogs are back in the GRILLE.
Either they got changed for Canada or the rules changed finally.

Last edited by Boomer; 11/2/12 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11/2/12, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hill assist sucks. Should be able to turn it off
Old 11/2/12, 11:19 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Dineau
Never really had a clear answer as far as why grill mounted fog were not legal in Canada !

My opinion was the high output of all those lights, many times when I put mine ON I get flashed by incoming vehicules.
We absolutely did.
It had to do with Canada having the requirement for DRLs, which is not new, however:

Transport Canada will not allow DRLs to be HIDs, which the foglights were considered, once they were changed over.

Prior years, the Fogs were not HID, and were used as the DRL when HID lights were optioned on the car.

And since you can't have more than 4 forward facing lights.... the grille was altered, and the fogs were put into the lower, and were not HID...

-------------------

Bringing us to 2014..either something has changed on Fords end, or Transport Canada's end.
EIther they are not LED/HID anymore in this package, or Transport Canada has changed their legislature.

Last edited by Boomer; 11/2/12 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11/2/12, 11:25 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Deletion of the Boss series is just plain stupid. Ford has an opportunity to make money and increase sales with the Boss and they discontinue it. Just no follow through.
No it's not. Ford always stated the Boss 302 would be a two year run and they've kept their word. The '12 was an homage to the '69 and the '13 and homage to the '70.

I applaud Ford for repeating that beautiful piece of Mustang history
Old 11/2/12, 11:39 AM
GT Member

^ Maybe you know the reason for this too: don't you think it's odd that the fogs are also on as part of the DRL? I figured it's because the LEDs didn't put out enough light to meet the required DRL output level. Speaking of e.g. my '13 V6 with the low fogs.

One thing that surprised me: those fogs look tiny and anemic (to me) in daylight, but I actually can tell when the fogs are on at night, they make side colors look a lot more natural than the HIDs do (or than any very white light that tends more towards the bluer end of the spectrum/high K).

AFAIK the Mustang fogs were never HID in the U.S., so I can't imagine why they cited that for previous years, it was probably one of the other things you said. I also can't imagine why you'd want HID fogs anyway, nobody who actually uses fogs for their intended purpose would want that. Wrong color, wrong intensity. They should know that true fogs (as opposed to "driving lights" that the large/high Mustang fogs look far more like and IMO actually are) should not be extremely bright, for all the reasons they teach you about fog.

Last edited by cfraser; 11/2/12 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11/2/12, 12:09 PM
I Have No Life

It had to do with the classification of the light itself I believe. LED was classified HID according to TC.

The previous years (pre 2012) they were incandescent bulbs, which COULD be used as DRL (and they were) IF you had HIDs (because the HID could not be used for DRL)

The one thing I never got was, the LED light strip is used on other manufacturers cars as DRLs (see Audi etc) Why couldn't this have been done with other Fords as well (in peticular the Mustang) Unless they couldn't be run independantly from the HIDs. Which could be the case, I don't know.

I think Ford Canada dropped the ball on this one. They were using all the stock footage AND pics from US cars, which had the fogs-in-grille. And a lot of people expected those when getting their cars. I personally like the fogless look, especially in GT/CS form....but it wasn't exactly said until they sent out the dealer communique on how to explain it to people. I remember when they hit the lot, some dealers weren't even aware of the reasoning at the time.

So again that begs the question, did Ford change the lights for this 'Eleanor kit' and go back to an incandescent bulb (for Canada) OR is Transport Canada finally changing its tune (rules). Eventually all manufacturers will more than likely start adopting these kinds of lights.

Last edited by Boomer; 11/2/12 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11/2/12, 12:33 PM
GTR Member

Interesting..........I guess we'll find out when the cars hit the lots in a few months.

On a similar note, here in the UK the "fogs" in the grille are, officially, too high off the ground for our regulations. As you know, the Mustang isn't officially sold here, but does need to pass an IVA (Individual Vehicle Approval) test, which includes amber turn signals on the rear and side (or side mirrors). Often the "fogs" are disconnected to pass the test. Clearly that won't cut it if the '15 car is sold here offcially.

Personally, I'm hoping the current '13 DRL (the twin horizontal lights on the outside of the headlamp) carry on to the '15 and beyond. OK, the headlamp shape will likely change, but the DRLs are fast becoming a styling signature, and these ones scream '70 Mustang to me. They are also unique as far as I'm aware and would make the '15 and beyond instantly recognisable as it drives down the street, just as must Audis and BMWs currently are.

Just my 2p
Old 11/2/12, 12:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Hill assist sucks. Should be able to turn it off
There is a procedure to enable/disable the hill-start assist in the manual. It's the goofiest procedure though -- this probably isn't totally right, but I remember it going something like:
1. Depress and release brake pedal fully 5 times in a row
2. Turn the wheel 1 full rotation to the left
3. Turn the wheel back to center
4. Turn the wheel 1 full rotation to the right
5. Turn the wheel back to center
6. Depress and release brake pedal fully 5 times in a row

Quick Reply: 2014 Mustang & Shelby Order Guides are here!!!