The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   2013 v6 panhard bar bend and making rattle noise (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/2013-v6-panhard-bar-bend-making-rattle-noise-545143/)

Erick Alejandro Herrera 1/31/18 11:53 PM

2013 v6 panhard bar bend and making rattle noise

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...a0e6871c5.jpegWhat do u guys think of this panhard bar how bent it is and hitting that top bar

Siber Express 2/1/18 03:08 PM

Did you by chance hit something with the wheel going sideways?

Erick Alejandro Herrera 2/1/18 07:44 PM

Yes my wife actually was driving in the highway on the left lane and a car passing by scared her and she turned left and the car/wheels hit the highway railing had to repair the whole left side and suspension and it was making a rattle sound and barely yeaterday i found out it was because that panhard bar was bend it upwards and hitting another bar every time

David Young 2/2/18 03:44 AM

WOW!!! I've never seen one bent like this. A new one from Ford parts website only cost around $60 :)

Bert 2/2/18 07:37 AM

Yep, simple solution is to buy and install a new one. Or you could try to straighten the old one . . . try pulling down really hard in the middle and see what happens.

Somewhat less simple but even cheaper is to find a take-off from someone who replaced theirs with an adjustable one when they lowered their car, and they will give it to you for free.

I have one if you want to come to Massachusetts to get it!
;)

SilrBult 2/2/18 08:28 AM

Bending it straight is probably possible, but I wouldn't do it. A new panhard rod is the best fix. You said that there was considerable damage to the driver's side of the car. I assume it was repaired by a professional body shop. This is something they should have found and replaced when the repairs were done. Anybody can make a mistake, but since this is something that should have been done when the car was repaired you may be able to get them to do it for free.

Erick Alejandro Herrera 2/2/18 03:47 PM

yes i could of told the guy that fixed it initially but just went ahead and took it some where else it was $127 (50$ for part & $75for labor) and yeah that bar really got a big hit so today after replacing the sound is finally gone !

EF1 2/2/18 05:16 PM

$75 for labor seems king of high. There are only 2 bolts holding it on.

Joeywhat 2/2/18 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7025012)

Not really. It's probably an hour of work, maybe a little less. Figure $75 MINIMUM per hour for labor, so that seems about right

David Young 2/3/18 02:42 AM

The body shop that fixed it should have seen this damage and included it in the repair. Your insurance should have paid for it :(

Siber Express 2/3/18 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7025012)

I get $75 for a service call to walk into a backyard before I do anything.
After seeing that first picture I knew it had to have been something like that. Also it should have been paid for by the insurance, the body shop should have caught that especially on a rear side hit.

Bert 2/3/18 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Erick Alejandro Herrera (Post 7025007)
. . . went ahead and took it some where else it was $127 (50$ for part & $75for labor) . . . .

not sure why you didn't want to deal with the first shop, but that really isn't bad; if you value your time then dealing with the insurance company probably would have "cost" you more than that

EF1 2/3/18 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Joeywhat (Post 7025013)
Not really. It's probably an hour of work, maybe a little less. Figure $75 MINIMUM per hour for labor, so that seems about right

Yeah, I am sure they charged him something like the 1 hour minimum charge for installation, but changing a pan hard bar doesn't take 20 minutes with a lift.

Erick Alejandro Herrera 2/3/18 09:55 AM

yeah , i didn't want to deal with the first shop because they took way to long doing the repairs the first time and i didn't want to go thru all that again so just brought it to the guy who installed my Roush Axle-backs and he did it , it was a reasonable price and yeah he only took around 45 minutes . now i'm just happy sound is gone on to the next upgrade